PDA

View Full Version : Mag leak <-strange one

Head knight of Ni
05-23-2004, 06:19 PM
Well my Mag has a down the barrel leak and I've tried replacing the PT oring with no success. It leaks as soon as its gassed up and doesn't leak when the trigger is held in the fire position. I've also Oiled it removed all oil andeach tie thesame leak. I have a TKO with nothing else but an I-frame.

HELP I'M STUMPED. :( :mad: :(

athomas
05-24-2004, 10:08 AM
I am assuming you have a level 7 bolt. Probably your sear is worn allowing the bolt to sit forward ahead of the powertube o-ring. You can compensate for this by using a shorter powertube spacer. Even if the sear isn't worn, a shorter powertube spacer will stop the leak. If the sear tip is rounded, you should get a new sear assembly.

darrickws
05-25-2004, 11:53 PM
PT spacer?
change On/Off o-rings?
Did it happen after you changed something (added i-frame)?

More info so we can help :D

Head knight of Ni
05-26-2004, 12:03 AM
It happened after I installed the I-frame but persisted after i put the stock frame on. I hadn't gotten to use it in three+ weeks. The air flow seems irregular. I have to turn it way up for it to leak but if I don't then it seems to not have eough pressure to fire. I have also replaced the pt oring twice and the on/off bottum orings. The sear is in perfect condition as well.

darrickws
05-26-2004, 12:04 AM
I just spent hours with the same problem until I discovered an important missing piece. My rail bushing stuck in my stock trigger frame when I replaced it with a benchy...any chance yours is missing? I didnt think the little piece would matter, but it really does. What happens, is that tiny spacer lines up the on/off with the sear. If it is missing, the valve slips back and the sear and pin dont meet up and the pin make the on/off leak!

Just a thought...lmk

darrickws
05-26-2004, 12:07 AM
so the gun works at first when you put it back together because you pushed the valve all the way in when screwing the valve in...but once you start shooting, the valve slowly moves back until the sear and on/off become unaligned and the leaking starts.

Head knight of Ni
05-26-2004, 12:08 AM
The brass one 'cause, I don't have it anymore? where can I buy a new one.

Head knight of Ni
05-26-2004, 12:13 AM
that sound a little different from my problem. The gun wont shoot so I turn the velocity nut up until the pressure breaks the seals. I think its an on/off problem.

darrickws
05-26-2004, 12:16 AM
They are a buck at airgun.com (AGD) plus shipping. They kill you with the shipping so browse through all the spare parts and order a couple of o-rings since you will already be paying for the shipping.

A good way to test is to loosen the thumb screw, push the valve in and REALLY TIGHTEN the screw. Notice how much space is between the valve and the body. If it starts to leak again, see if the space size has changed. Once I over tightened my valve thumb screw, it no longer leaked. But you are not supposed to tighten that hard...it can mis-align other stuff (cause bolt wear or bolt stick).

Good luck, and let me know...I was amazed how screwed up a $1 piece could make the gun , and how crazy it was making me. I replaced every single o-ring in the gun!

darrickws
05-26-2004, 12:28 AM
borrow his rail bushing for a couple of minutes to test!

Head knight of Ni
05-26-2004, 12:29 AM
that sound a little different from my problem. The gun wont shoot so I turn the velocity nut up until the pressure breaks the seals. I think its an on/off problem.

Head knight of Ni
05-26-2004, 12:36 AM
ahh. oh well I have an X-valve coming soon so I won't have this problem and I'll pick up a bushing when I order my red AGD hat. :)

Head knight of Ni
05-26-2004, 12:43 AM
and my friend is gonna get a Mag but not till christmas. Oh well by then he'll have a mostly stock mag and I'll have a fully moded mag.