PDA

View Full Version : Tornadoes!!!!!!

UltimatePaintballer
05-23-2004, 08:13 PM
wahoo! the tornado alarm just went off in our town! i can't remember the last time we had one in Richfield Wisconsin. i hope it comes close enough so i can video tape it.

comments?

tard
05-23-2004, 08:17 PM
I live in Cedarburg Wisconsin seems like there may be some headed this way... its been storming out nonstop this past week.

MadChild
05-23-2004, 08:20 PM
ahhh i hate tornadoes!! their scary as hell!! i used to live in Oklahoma and id get scared everytime there was a thinderstorm lol. ive been in 4 or them and dammn their not fun at all. good luck with filming it and dont hurt your self

nt2004
05-23-2004, 08:20 PM
ugh god they've been rolling through the chicagoland area all weekend. I like to watch the storms but those tornado sirens make my mom get all panicky which is extremely annoying. Also its hard to post on AO when the power randomly goes out

BeaverEater
05-23-2004, 08:24 PM
I'm watching the storm right outside my house in waukesha. You can see them start to come down then move back up, it's crazy.

UltimatePaintballer
05-23-2004, 08:28 PM
yea, i hope it gets to us.

my mom just called and she is probably freaking out.

UltimatePaintballer
05-23-2004, 08:46 PM
DARNIT!

they are gone, no tornadoes. :(

RoadDawg
05-24-2004, 12:03 PM
I've experienced 2 tornados in good ol Salt Lake City, Utah. First one went right through downtown, what a mess and I had to help clean it up, I worked for the city as a summer job. The 2nd one I watched it form and it came down on the other side of the valley. It was kinda cool watching the clouds go the sea green color and then start the twirling. Me and my friend looked at each other and said, "If I didn't know better I'd think that is a tornado cloud." Then we trumped off into a open field a few blocks from his house and played 1 on 1 paintball til our other friends showed up. They are cool to watch from a distance but up close they'll make your pants full.

RRfireblade
05-24-2004, 03:48 PM
comments?

Tornados ,twisters,hurricanes,water spouts.........

They're all just like any other kind of weather here in Florida during a large part of the year.

You eventually get pretty non-concerned about it...........till it rips your roof off one day,that is. ;)

TecnoRobo
05-24-2004, 05:42 PM
i've recorded the only tornado i've ever seen on film.
It was frickin huge and pretty close, but the wind was blowing the camera all over and i got a bit excited so needless to say, haha i only got good footage for a little bit.

oh well, it was still tight and they are fun to watch.
and by the way tonight we are supposed to get some tornadoes in my area so i may see another one, who knows

nt2004
05-25-2004, 08:03 PM
I've experienced 2 tornados in good ol Salt Lake City, Utah. First one went right through downtown, what a mess and I had to help clean it up, I worked for the city as a summer job. The 2nd one I watched it form and it came down on the other side of the valley. It was kinda cool watching the clouds go the sea green color and then start the twirling. Me and my friend looked at each other and said, "If I didn't know better I'd think that is a tornado cloud." Then we trumped off into a open field a few blocks from his house and played 1 on 1 paintball til our other friends showed up. They are cool to watch from a distance but up close they'll make your pants full.

whoa were you there for the one in i think 98 or 99??? It touched down in downtown Salt Lake right next to the Delta center!!! My dad used to work in the Triad Center before we moved and one day it started storming. He called me up to make sure i was o.k and about 10 mins later it touched down right next to his building and blew all the windows out of the hotel that his building overlooked. Luckinly he was fine but didnt it screw up the Delta Center or something? I cant remember very well but i do know that building was pretty much all glass and steel. A tornado would decimate it.

RoadDawg
05-25-2004, 10:20 PM
whoa were you there for the one in i think 98 or 99??? It touched down in downtown Salt Lake right next to the Delta center!!! My dad used to work in the Triad Center before we moved and one day it started storming. He called me up to make sure i was o.k and about 10 mins later it touched down right next to his building and blew all the windows out of the hotel that his building overlooked. Luckinly he was fine but didnt it screw up the Delta Center or something? I cant remember very well but i do know that building was pretty much all glass and steel. A tornado would decimate it.
Yes I was there in August of 99. It landed a few blocks behind the Delta Center and went right over the top of it. Blowing out windows and tearing off some of the roof. Then went down the road towards the state capitol building. I had to clean up after all those stupid trees that it knocked down. Then the next summer is when the other one came down in Cottonwood for a bit. Good times.

.tMan
05-25-2004, 10:23 PM
I can't remember the last tornadoe sighting in Stevens Point either

Lethargic
05-25-2004, 11:29 PM
I think the best part is that his first thought wasn't "Oh, thats the tornado alarm, I should go run and hide." and instead was "Oh, there went the tornado alarm, let me go post about it on AO." :rolleyes:

UltimatePaintballer
05-26-2004, 12:07 AM
hey, tornodoes in Wiscons aren't common and i like them, i wouldn't mind going to college to study up on them.

RoadDawg
05-26-2004, 12:27 AM
Well thing that made the SLC tornado's so interesting is that they had 2 in one year in a area (downtown) that has had 0 tornado's in the last 50+ years. It's in between two huge mountain ranges and it's pretty hard for the two systems to meet due to the mountains keeping one higher then the other. Some how they combined and started the sea green effect. It was cool to watch. Although it reeked havoc on my dad's truck. Had to get the whole thing repainted due to rock's and other debris.