PDA

View Full Version : emag battery pack problem

fcpchop
05-23-2004, 08:24 PM
ok AO im looking to you for help, well it is pretty hard to describe the problem but im going to try...

well the battery has a problem, not sure exactly what part is messed up though. the battery itself is fine. but the pack doesn't quite touch the top part, its off by little bit. the screw seems to just keep spining in the pack, it doesn't go ne deeper. but the screw doesn't hold it tight enough so the pack slacks down a bit, resulting in it not touching the top part quite right so it is basicly useless... i've tried another screw but it still didn't work right. lemme know your sugestions

fcpchop
05-24-2004, 09:08 AM
com on, no one knows what i should do???

Halliday
05-24-2004, 09:56 AM
Are you tightening it by hand? I can't get mine very tight using just my fingers. I have to use an allen wrench to really tighten the battery field strip screw.

athomas
05-24-2004, 09:58 AM
Is the front screw hole stripped? If it is, then you should look at having it tapped out the next larger size or filled in and redrilled and tapped the the original size.

cledford
05-24-2004, 10:36 AM
Put a oring in the bottom of the pack to raise the battery inside.

-Calvin

fcpchop
05-24-2004, 01:57 PM
Halliday- no by allan key, it doesnt tighten it just keeps spinning

athomas- im not sure witch hole u mean, i know when i take the pack off i put the screw into the hole where it should go into and it spins alot and goes really far in b4 it stops, witch makes me think that i should get a longer but exactly the same size screw, but last time i got one of those, when the screw whent all the way in and was really tight, the battery wouldn't turn on, like the screw blocked it or suttin, it was weird, but when screw goes through the pack it keeps spinning becuase it doesn't get tight enough.

cledford- not sure if that will help but i will check

athomas
05-24-2004, 06:16 PM
Sounds like maybe some of the threads are stripped out but not the ones farthest in. You may have to get a 10-32 hex head or slot head machine screw that is longer than the field strip screw you have now.