PDA

View Full Version : LX Efficency Fix Theory?

Butterfingers
05-24-2004, 10:15 AM
Possible efficency fix for LX?

I suspect that much of the effecincy issues with the LX has to do with the excessive cycle force that gets wasted on the large return springs.

Has AGD tried using smaller stg 1 pistons while keeping stg 2 the same?

A smaller stg 1 pisiton would allow us to use the smallest spring for 300 fps velocities and even smaller springs for lower velocites. This would allow the gun to be more efficient in terms of energy wasted on the bolt cycle.

Theoretically it would also produce an increase in the stg 2 cycle velocity possibly increasing max ROF.

It would also solve the bumper shredding issue. :D

rifleman wi
05-24-2004, 10:21 AM
i kinda had an idea.. probly should be in tech forum but here goes... what if you glued the bumper to the back of the bolt itself? because isnt the shreding issue due to the bolt pulling the bumper off of the pt on the first stroke of the bolt because its slower than normal and it sticks to the bolt itself?.. somone had the theory of smashing a doughnut with a mug... if you go slow it sticks but it you jit it fast it wont.. just a thought i dont know if glueing it to the bolt would work..

Chronobreak
05-24-2004, 10:22 AM
sounds like its worth a try...i guess.....however i dont see a problem with the way the bolt functions know

Butterfingers
05-24-2004, 11:10 AM
However I do forsee a problem with too small a carrier restricting air flow out of the dump chamber.

Hmm...

the electrician
05-25-2004, 05:50 PM
that's what I believe the real problem is. really doesn't have much to do with anything else.

the restriction in air flow causes less air to be able to get through fast enough to shoot the ball. so you increase pressure, which increases the velocity of the air, this increases the volume of air flowing through, getting the paintball back up to speed.

I use my original spring, so I know it has nothing to do with the spring. stiffer springs just make it easier on paint at higher paintball fps.

la690
05-25-2004, 08:25 PM
Butters, think this would reduce the effectivness of the LVL10. Wouldn't it?

Butterfingers
05-25-2004, 08:29 PM
not if the stg 1 piston were smaller as proposed.