PDA

View Full Version : 94-95 cocker rebuild, will this work?

Chingis
05-24-2004, 03:48 PM
Howdy i recently ran into a old 94-95 cocker that im gonna try and rebuild
as of right now it leaks air something fierce out of the hole in teh LPR, i got a new stock one coming off of a 2003 cocker , that will work fine on my gun right ?>
also im looking at gettting a 2003 hindge frame for it can i just bolt that frame on or will i need to do something else ?

last off , please tell me any parts i need to watch out for that are pre 2k only

i know the bolt is one i have to get a pre 2k bolt , but anything else i should watch out for?

thanks for all and any help, I know all you Mag guys want to help me on this one :D lol

p.s. if you have any spare parts that are better then what is on the gun now ,and your not looking for a arm and a leg , shoot me a PM
http://webpages.charter.net/jam5/minimagcocker%20006.jpg

and now it looks like this , its slowly getting there, i have a ANS Gen x 2 reg comin also , and a 3 way Bomb i havent installed yet.

http://webpages.charter.net/jam5/cocker.jpg

lew
05-24-2004, 04:09 PM
These are the things that are not compatible between 2000+ and pre-2000 Cockers: Vertical ASA, front block and front block screw. The valve chamber dimensions are smaller in a pre-2000 Cocker. The bolt will work in any model Cocker as long as it is paired with the correct length back block. All other parts will work.

Muzikman
05-24-2004, 04:32 PM
That about sums it up. The one thing you should look into is getting the body drilled for the hammer lug nut, this will make it easier to adjust the sear catch when you go to the swing frame.

Chingis
05-24-2004, 04:53 PM
ok just to make sure I got this all

Vertical ASA

front block and front block screw(but 2003 phenumatics will screw into the old block?)

valve chamber dimensions are smaller in a pre-2000 Cocker( is there upgradable parts for this anyway?)

and the bolt just has to be teh same length as the old one.

that should be everything

thanks guys for the help

once its up and running then ill prob go to the next step

Upgrades
inline reg
hindge trigger
front phenumatics
bolt

xen_100
05-24-2004, 04:57 PM
the pnuematic reg is 1/8" NTP
the 3-way is 15/32" 32
the ram is 5/16" 24.

dont ask me why they decided on those partiuclar dimemsions. but those have not changed in the life of the product.

lew
05-24-2004, 05:42 PM
The Maddman Spring Kit for the Autococker comes with valves springs to fit both valve chamber dimensions. It's definately a good investment (~$10), and it comes with hammer, valve, trigger, and sear springs. If you don't have one, get one. It will give you the springs necessary for fine tuning your gun.
Definately get a hammer lug adjustment hole drilled in the top of the body. The other alternative for adjusting the hammer lug, taking of the grip frame, is a paint in the rear. And, yes, 2003 pneumatics will fit in your current front block.

FlameboyC11
05-24-2004, 05:44 PM
I'm pretty sure most airsmiths can mill out the valve chamber. This would be a highly recomended upgrade as the older the cocker, the lower the flow of the valve chamber (mad shoot down). Check into it, I doubt it costs much ;)

Flow_Tech
05-24-2004, 07:29 PM
2 words,9 letters.

O-L-D-S-C-H-O-O-L

Destructo6
05-24-2004, 07:59 PM
To be clear, newer valves fit and function in the older Autocockers. You just need to use the appropriate valve spring.