PDA

View Full Version : To Rip or not to Rip, that is my question?

tolley
05-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Should I get a rip drive for my Halo B? Does it really make a difference? I use it primarily on a B2K2, and have never outshot my stock Halo. But I am considering a chip upgrade.

68magOwner
05-24-2004, 04:42 PM
i am also contemplating this, someon help us please, i traded my ricocket apacke for a brand new halo b, never useed (straight up, yes, i rule) but it dosent have rip drive, should i get it?

logamus
05-24-2004, 05:01 PM
my halo is not ripped, however it seems like a good idea to me. if i didnt have other pressing issues, (food, rent, gas) i would prolly get it.

Blennidae
05-24-2004, 05:04 PM
I have the rip drive on my Halo B. I have never owned a non rip drived Halo so I don't have a point of reference. However, with it I can back off the pressure on the stack when removing it from my gun (when I remember).

And if you are dumb enough to let your batteries die after you get on the field(like I did once) it will allow you to rotate it and feed manually. Something you cant do with a standard Halo. I turned the knob until I felt resistance, and was able to get off 5-6 shots before having to turn it again.

Is it worth it, thats depends on you. I have no regrets about the upgrade myself.

Hope that helps.

RRfireblade
05-24-2004, 05:07 PM
IMO a Rip Drive on a Halo second only to the batteries. :D

I've had my share of failures and the Rip is your only backup on the field.It also is quite handy for unloading and other little things that you may need to do but your stuck under the spring tension of the stack.

So........

I will never own a Halo without one. :)

Loud Tim
05-24-2004, 05:22 PM
rip drive doesnt make the halo feed faster its for the instance when your batteries die. thehalo isnt like thet revy or egg where u can still shake the hopper and get some paint. the rip drive makes it so that u can load balls after the battery dies it is a must i have had both ripped and non ripped halos. and i will never shoot another one that does not have the rip drive.

No sKiLLz
05-24-2004, 06:30 PM
IMO a Rip Drive on a Halo second only to the batteries. :D

I've had my share of failures and the Rip is your only backup on the field.It also is quite handy for unloading and other little things that you may need to do but your stuck under the spring tension of the stack.

So........

I will never own a Halo without one. :)
^^^^^

...Although my real stance is I decided never to own a Halo ever again.

FallNAngel
05-24-2004, 08:37 PM
...Although my real stance is I decided never to own a Halo ever again.

why's that?

eric
05-24-2004, 08:54 PM
i am also contemplating this, someon help us please, i traded my ricocket apacke for a brand new halo b, never useed (straight up, yes, i rule) but it dosent have rip drive, should i get it?

Not really, apache's are sweet as hell. They feed as fast as you need, have the low profile and lightweight of the revvy, plus they are really reliable.
Id get one if i didnt have too many hoppers already.

No sKiLLz
05-24-2004, 09:29 PM
why's that?
My experience with Halo/Odyssey has not been pleasant. In fact, if you want a Halo B with Rip drive and new shell & motor, PM me, because I am selling this one as soon as it gets back from Odyssey. Otherwise it's going on E-bay next week. That's assuming I get it back by then.

elpimpo
05-24-2004, 09:35 PM
rip drive is always a great thing to have. it may save your life some day