PDA

View Full Version : Tac-one tourny?

bluetorino
05-24-2004, 05:41 PM
Is the tac-one any good for a tourny marker? My brothers and I with some friends are making a tourny team and I wanted to know if the Tac-one would be any good for a tourny marker. Or should I just get a cocker or shocker to play with. Any info would be great. Thanks

RRfireblade
05-24-2004, 05:53 PM
Sure,why not?

If mechanical guns are what you prefer to use,Mags,Tac Ones or not,are as good as any other for tourny use.'Course you are paying extra for a Tac-one body that your not going to take advantage of.

bluetorino
05-24-2004, 11:32 PM
I have a powerfeed classic already. I didn't want to change it. I thought the Tac-one has a lot of upgrades compared to my classic. What would be the best bang for my buck be then. I not only play tourny. I play snec and rec-ball. Any suggestions would be helpful. Does anybody have the specs for the Tac-one and the RT Custom? Is there an avantage of one over the other?

RRfireblade
05-25-2004, 06:28 AM
The TacOne is built primarily for scenerio play.It's body allws for the mounting of various accessories not typically used in normal play.The RT Pro is all you would need for typical tourny play.

Over the Classic,the RT Pro offers an X Valve w/ Level 10,Intelliframe,ULE Body and ULE trigger pull kit as upgrades.The Tac One adds to all that,the Tac One body w/ intregal mounting rails for things such as sights and flashlights.

FalconGuy016
05-25-2004, 06:55 AM
Id reccomend the RT Pro deal, it'd be better for a tournament team

Chronobreak
05-25-2004, 10:15 AM
thers tons of bodies out feel free to pick whatever one u want non offer any more performance just visuals u wont get anything extra from the tac-one unles ur using it for scenario and plan to mount scopes or lights on it otherwised ide just get a ule there abit lgihter tooo

Target Practice
05-25-2004, 02:09 PM
Id reccomend the RT Pro deal, it'd be better for a tournament team

Ditto on that.

bluetorino
05-25-2004, 02:49 PM
So just buy the Rt Custom ULE. And if I want to play snec like I already play then buy the Tac-one body. How much does the Tac-one body cost? Is there any adjustments that I would have to do in order to use the Tac-one body with the Rt Custom ULE setup?

warbeak2099
05-25-2004, 08:46 PM
The Tac-One body costs $200. If you buy the RT ULE Custom, you can just switch back and forth between the tac-one and the ule bodies without adjustments.

bluetorino
05-25-2004, 09:02 PM
I'm getting the ULE Custom. Any recommendations on a barrel? My classic has a DYE Boomstick. But since the ULE comes with autococker threads there are more options. So any suggestions guys?

Lethargic
05-25-2004, 09:19 PM
So any suggestions guys?

Alright, coming from a guy who plays NPPL with a Mech mag, I say get sometihng electronic. It DOES make a difference. I can play against electros, but when they can fire nearly twice as fast as I can, I find myself outgunned and frequently wishing I had something else.

I recommend buying a beat up old bushmaster off ebay for 2-300 dollars, and sending it to Dan Bonebrake to get eyes, a new board, new internals, and more. My teammate did that, and his is amazing. All in all, the total cost is barely more than a RT ULE mag, and the end result is quite a bit faster, and similar weight and height. (With a no rise) I plan to do this in the coming month or so.

Just my .02

bluetorino
05-25-2004, 11:20 PM
I have had a couple of friends get markers from ebay. The markers were trash. Both were Autocockers. What then would be a good elctro to get you know best bang for the buck. I really don't try to shoot 20bps when I play in tournys. I play mid. I understand for back that you would need to shoot that fast. But I try to use some skill instead of just laying paint on hoping to hit somebody. I'm not dising people that play that way it is just something I don't like to do. I really don't want to spend more than $600 dollars on the marker. So anymore suggestions would be great.

tyrion2323
05-25-2004, 11:43 PM
I HIGHLY recommend an Evil Omen.

$350 used online. $450 new.
15bps stock
CAM anti-chop system (works flawlessly)
Simple and Easy to maintain.

It's everything you need for a great price! If you throw a PDP chip in there, it gets capped at 25bps.

I highly, highly recommend it.

Jacob

gc82000
05-26-2004, 12:34 AM
There are a butch of guns that are less then 600. Look at the tes it is less then 250 and is very upgradable. I think The One is a very good gun to get as well and it is about 500, both take Spyder threads so barrels are not a problem

smilestyler
05-26-2004, 12:45 AM
Don't let people talk you out of buying what you want. The RT customs are awesome 'guns. They're fast, not too tall (imo), reliable, customizable, upgradeable, etc. And if you already use a mag you don't have to get used to the feel of a new gun. If you like the Tac one, you can buy just the body for when you play rec.

Banshee23
05-26-2004, 09:27 AM
You'll be fine with the RT Pro in most situations. It's one of the fastest mech markers out there. Also it'd be a good choice since #1 - you play rec/scenario along with tourney so most of the time you don't need alot of firepower & #2 - You're used to a mech already. But, if you feel you really need to go electro for under $600 you can find used Emags. Gives you the best of both worlds then - electro for tournies & mech for rec when you don't want to go through a ton of paint. It's also it's own backup & it'd be something your already familar with as you have a mag now.

bluetorino
05-26-2004, 05:12 PM
Where can I find a new E-mag cheap? Would adding a X-valve improve the gun at all or would I be wasting my money? thanks guys for all the help.