PDA

View Full Version : RTs are no match for Angels...

shartley
10-09-2001, 10:37 AM
I just ran across this http://pub82.ezboard.com/fmanchesterpaintballfrm1.showMessage?topicID=15.to pic .

I think some of you might like to read it. Then do what you think is best. :)

MajorDamage
10-09-2001, 01:07 PM
I responded, but I don't have the same name on those forums as on this one...see if you can guess who is me!(hehe, shouldnt be hard!)

ENDO!

Arturus
10-09-2001, 01:19 PM
Volo8me - The guy who started the thread sounds like a reasonable guy. He responded with this post though, when asked why he was thinking about switching his marker...

"I don't have any problems with my gun at all, I just noticed when Roy had me down with his Angel that I was seriously outclassed weapon wise. If I wanted to switch to play more tourney style, should I expect that sort of thing often?"

Outclassed weapon wise? I doubt that. It seems like it had more to do with the player. It's funny how some people like to point to their 'packaging' or 'equipment', when they should look to themselves for a mistake or what's truly lacking.

Not even worth signing up to that forum and responding to. :rolleyes:

FiTiRPiLiT
10-09-2001, 02:55 PM
it's like comparing a mustang to a ferrari, you can't....RT's and angels aren't even in the same class......now an e-mag.....that's different.

mykroft
10-09-2001, 03:03 PM
It's more like comparing a Toyota Supra to a Ferrari F355. Everybody thinks the Ferrari's faster, but actually, on average, the Supra is, by a hint. But you gotta know how to use it. Your average player can pick up an Angel and shoot reasonably fast, but take an RT, learn the trigger and you'll shred no problem.

SIGSays
10-09-2001, 03:05 PM
ummmm....... no, a rt or rt pro would not be a crap mustang, it would be something like a gti skyline or acure nsx......... i'd take a rice burner over a ferarri anyday

and a mag over a angel

FiTiRPiLiT
10-09-2001, 03:12 PM
dude, you'd take a stock rt over a stock angel.....umm okay whatever....all i know is when i put my emag on manual it chops and the stock trigger is too deep. i love my mag, but the angel is a very nice gun, you're just being biased.

Arturus
10-09-2001, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by FiTiRPiLiT
dude, you'd take a stock rt over a stock angel.....umm okay whatever....all i know is when i put my emag on manual it chops and the stock trigger is too deep. i love my mag, but the angel is a very nice gun, you're just being biased.

I have no doubt that the Angel is a great overall marker.

I'd take an RT Pro, over an Angel as well though. Biased? Yep. Not that I wouldn't mind having an Angel, but I prefer the Mag for many reasons. A few being:

1. Reliability and the service behind it.

2. I have a 'bias' against electros. That includes the E-Mag. I'm not here arguing that they aren't great, just that at the moment I'm staying away from them. I prefer the use of a pure mechanical marker. Call it being old fashioned if you'd like - whatever that's supposed to mean. :p

3. And I'm quite happy with my RT Pro. There simply isn't a reason for me to pay the extra money for an Angel.

If I wanted to, I could have easily purchased either the Angel or an E-Mag; or any other type of 'electros' out there for that matter. For 'biases' of my own though, I went with the RT Pro. :)

Think about it. What can the Angel do that the RT can't?

Nothing. In the end it comes down to preferences once more. You might like the trigger feel of the electro and have a thing for the anodized/customized look of an Angel.

In the real world though, if they were free and I had a choice of either; I'd pick the angel and sell it. Then buy an RT Pro and a warp feed with the difference. :cool:

MajorDamage
10-09-2001, 03:44 PM
Yeah personally, I would like to use an Angel for a game or so, but Id also like to use any gun I havnt shot before for a game or so. But if it came down to me using an RT or Angel for life, Id go with RT. I don't care for the electro trigger myself. "What is right for you, may not be right for some."--Diffrent Strokes. lol

ENDO!

mac2k4
10-09-2001, 05:43 PM
why does every one say ohhhh AGD is the best customer service?

well 1st off if my angel ever did break(which it hasn't, and wont) i would just get it to warped sportz and they'd fix it for nothing, there just really nice people.

and at nppl events(like say mardi gras open 01) there was a tiny booth for AGD, WDP had a hudge booth where techs were there all day helpin. and also ya don't see air gun design heaven do ya? Naw only ANGEL heaven. WDP also has a new promotional thing where ya can have your gun fitted w/ the a.i.r

i mean both companies are awesome, i love'm both, but to say AGD is the best ain't true. i say WDP/any other angel place(warpedsportz, cobra, adreniline....) and AGD would be up at 1st definatley tied.

udtseal
10-09-2001, 05:55 PM
I love that post Major, hmm i wonder which one you are?? hahah!

Also I am so sick of this Angel vs AGD vs Cocker thing. If people would just realize that all 3 companies make fantastic products then we could all live happily ever after, like Major said. When I went to the field this past sunday with my new E-Mag I had more people lookin at it and talkin to me about it than ANY of the 5 or so Angels that were there. Plus, to get right to it, all the guys with Angels were not very nice to me for some reason. They would glance at my gun, clean thiers off real fast and leave. I would talk to them and ask how they liked thier gun and all I would get was "Love it" and they would scurry off. I dunno but it seems that everyone with an Angel that I have met thinks they are gods among men or something. Maybe its just me....

[Edit] I got so fired up I forgot to mention that AGD IS the BEST thier is of course! :D

PowerFedMag
10-09-2001, 06:15 PM
Does that mean ppl can actually fire as fast, if not faster than an Angel, usin g a Mag outfitted with RT valve, fo sho?

ay yo trip, AGD and their crew a gunna bust u cocker\anhell(spanish accent!) fools ta bits!

BIAS BIAS BIAS !

:cool:

Arturus
10-09-2001, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by mac2k4
why does every one say ohhhh AGD is the best customer service?

well 1st off if my angel ever did break(which it hasn't, and wont) i would just get it to warped sportz and they'd fix it for nothing, there just really nice people.

and at nppl events(like say mardi gras open 01) there was a tiny booth for AGD, WDP had a hudge booth where techs were there all day helpin. and also ya don't see air gun design heaven do ya? Naw only ANGEL heaven. WDP also has a new promotional thing where ya can have your gun fitted w/ the a.i.r

i mean both companies are awesome, i love'm both, but to say AGD is the best ain't true. i say WDP/any other angel place(warpedsportz, cobra, adreniline....) and AGD would be up at 1st definatley tied.

Never said that other companies don't have 'good' customer service. And the experience for each and every individual varies from company to company. I have no doubt that you've had great experiences with an Angel as well as the company that produces it.

That said, it's well known in the industry, by both those inside and outside of it that AGD has the 'reputation' for the highest quality as well as service behind it. Notice I said reputation. :)

Again, that doesn't mean that other companies have a 'horrid' customer service behind their products.