PDA

View Full Version : 15 degree help

icecreamtruck1235
05-24-2004, 09:54 PM
Hey were can i get a 15 degree thing for my mag ... besides docs

Target Practice
05-24-2004, 10:06 PM
Well, Doc is your best bet, but you already know about him. Soooooo...I think you might be SOL, at least for now.

Skywalker
05-25-2004, 09:56 PM
you know what sucks, the fact that no one else makes a 15* ASA, b/c doc's are tooooooo expensive.

White_Noise
05-25-2004, 09:59 PM
obviously you dont know what the word "custom" means....it means you are getting something of quality, not just run off by the dozen. you may have to pay a bit more, but you get what you pay for.

davidnj
05-25-2004, 11:48 PM
you know what sucks, the fact that no one else makes a 15* ASA, b/c doc's are tooooooo expensive.

Would be nice if there was some more competition in the mag 15° market. Prices may not drop that much, just looking around seems a 15° ASA for other markers run from $20-$30. Doc's would be on the high end of that list. Hopefully some more people start producing them so we might get some more price\color\style options on them.

obviously you dont know what the word "custom" means....it means you are getting something of quality, not just run off by the dozen. you may have to pay a bit more, but you get what you pay for.

Now while I personally dont own any Doc parts, from his feedback and what not, its pretty clear he makes high quality highly functional parts. That being said...

Just because something is 'custom' doesn't mean it will always be a quality product. Just because a company can afford to make a run of 1000 widgets, doesnt make said widget low quality as you imply. As far as getting what you pay for...meh high price != quality just as low price != lack of quality.

Fred
05-26-2004, 12:27 PM
I have one of Doc's 15* asas... well worth the $35 shipped I paid for it.

it is a custom piece you know...

---Fred

Vanced
05-27-2004, 02:41 PM
It may not be the best solution... BUT...

If you are using an RT rail ... I can't remember where, but I did see once somebody did something funky with the SS bracket on the front, by added a few holes and a trim or two tilted the mouting bracket so a strait ASA was tilited to some angle... probably approx. 15* .... For a Y-Frame I belive...

*shrugs* ... might help ?

Big_Mac
05-28-2004, 07:35 AM
You can always pick up some of the ASA blanks for $10 (?) each and finish it yourself.