PDA

View Full Version : Lvl 10 from factory question

eXpoc
05-24-2004, 09:57 PM
I ordered my RT ULE Custom from AGD about a month ago and only recently have had time to work with it. It came with the ULT trigger installed. Got out yesterday and worked nicely without any leaks, except that when it would pinch a ball it wouldn't reset and I would have to turn the air off and back on again. Asking one of my friends and reading some it says that I should add another shim. So I have it apart and I need to get the power tube tip off, and it looks like a need to a wrench to get it off. Get the wrench and try to turn but it doesn't want to come off and I don't want to put all of my strength into and possible mess something up. Question, is it loctited on since it came installed from AGD? Also when reading the Lvl 10 documentation it says to use the middle spring. Which one is the "middle" spring? I have three springs that came with it, two in the Lvl 10 box and one on the bolt. The two in box are about the same length but one is red in color and is slightly shorter than the other one. And the third one which is on the bolt is about half the size of the other ones. The "middle" spring is to suppose to have a coil cut off of it, but none of the springs look like they have a coil cut off. If you line up next to each other the spring that is red in color is the middle spring in size comparision but it doesn't look like a coil is cut off. When I put it in and aired the gun up it wouldn't fire. I turned the velocity 1/2 turn and still nothing, and went back to the shortest spring and it fired fine. Any help is much appreciated.

Also, I got a piece of paper that appears to be a chronograph of the marker from AGD and the printer seemed to be running out of ink. I can't tell if the velocity was set to 285 fps or 205 fps.

eXpoc
05-24-2004, 10:54 PM
Well after watching the Lvl 10 install video made by Miscue it looks like mine didn't come with a cut spring, or they forgot to cut it. The picture below is the three springs that I have. The one on far right is the one that came installed on my RT ULE Custom.

http://krypton.mnsu.edu/~muelld1/Main/Paintball/springs.JPG

Dayspring
05-25-2004, 09:17 AM
Red spring = mid spring.

When you cut a spring, you weaken it. People were getting broken springs, so they made a middle spring of the correct tension and colored it red.

As for yor setup, make sure you have a nice loose carrier in the gun. That, plus your red spring will get the gun to fire. You may just need to turn it up more than you did.

eXpoc
05-25-2004, 11:49 AM
hmm alrighty, thanks