PDA

View Full Version : Revy motor?

LCDmag1
10-09-2001, 11:10 AM
Any one know if it is possible to go to radioshack and get a new motor, and replace the one that went bad on my revy? Could i do that i am sure that would save me 24 bucks that it would have cost to buy a new motor case and everything? If so what kind of motor do i need to get? All i would have to do is soder the wires back one correct?

tooslow
10-09-2001, 11:39 AM
Don't go to Radio Shack. They won't have what you need. The motor inside your Revy is a Futaba servo, normally used to steer radio control cars. If you go to a hobby shop that specializes in R/C, they should have a replacement motor, or at the very least will be able to order one for you. You should not have to replace the whole servo.

Hope this helps.

Oh yeah, on the top of the black plastic casing of the servo, is a moder number. Make sure you have this number handy when you contact the hobby shop.

Temo Vryce
10-09-2001, 12:11 PM
I wouldn't recomend buying a sevro from anyone other than a loader manufacturer because the RC servo's only turn so far before they stop. There might be a way to fix that but i don't know for sure. Hope this helps you out.

tooslow
10-09-2001, 12:36 PM
He is just after the motor. The motor is identical. Viewloader doesn't have a special servo made for them, they just buy regular Futaba servos in bulk. Besides, it is the incoming signal that limits the movement of a servo. With a continuos signal a servo motor will spin forever.

LCDmag1
10-09-2001, 02:09 PM
thanks for the info man, i will go to my hobby place and pick up one. I just need it to work for a while till i get halo. If you have tried this do you happen to know how much the motor costed?

tooslow
10-09-2001, 02:18 PM
it should cost you around $10 - $15 for a servo motor. If they dont have one, and seeing as you are only looking for a short term solution, you can buy a whole new Futaba S3003 servo for well under $20. This is not the best or fastest servo in the world, but it is a cheap alternative that will fit right into the spot that you took the old one out of.

alf
10-09-2001, 10:08 PM
tooslow, thanks for that info! i went through 2 motors in one afternoon...ordered one, but it wont be here before this weekend...thought i was going to have to play with my backup gun (the dreaded STO)...but, if hobby lobby has this motor...ill be in business....im dedicating my first kill to you!!

tooslow
10-09-2001, 10:30 PM
Thanks Alf, maybe that will make up for all the players that I didn't hit last weekend. On second thought, maybe you could shoot 4 or 5 players in my name....;)

Glad I could help.