PDA

View Full Version : Marker on Back order 2 months

Paintball_4_Fun
05-25-2004, 04:49 PM
5/26/04: UPDATE - RT ULE MARKERS ARE BACKORDERED UNTIL APPROXIMATELY 6/14/04. If you have already ordered, PLEASE do not call us - we will contact everyone who is affected by phone or email. We still have no firm date for blue center feed mainbodies or warp left mainbodies in black, green, nickel or purple.

Is it normal to have a marker on back order 2 months when it was all in stock when i orderd it. of course i order a blue body too. I wonder if i can change my order to get it sooner.

I should get a free Double trigger. from AGD.

btw it was a rt-ule-custom orderd on 4.13.2004

68_Classic
05-25-2004, 04:51 PM
that sux man

Thermus
05-25-2004, 04:52 PM
Are you sure that the blue bodies were in when you ordered? Have you been called about being affected by it?

Paintball_4_Fun
05-25-2004, 06:49 PM
well let me give you some more info. It's not 100% there fault.
I first orderd a Nickel body. (Because it was in stock) so i thought.
Then i get a e-mail teling me the x-valve was out of stock till a week later so i changed my body they were supost to be in at the same time.
Now i under stand that the part out work.. but 2 months is a bit long. If i knew it would take this long i would have waited and orderd a bouble trigher frame ( the reasion i did not is i did not have the funds at the time ) But they charged me the next day. That money could have ben in my account erning interst.. and that is why i feel i should get a free ( or at least reduced Price ) double trigger frame. How ever I doubt it will happen.
What i really want is my new gun.

ghed
05-25-2004, 06:59 PM
The website might not have been up to date when you ordered. Sucks though on the wait but imo it will be worth it.

barberjohn
05-25-2004, 07:15 PM
That money could have ben in my account erning interst.. and that is why i feel i should get a free ( or at least reduced Price ) double trigger frame.
2 months in the bank will not make you much money...

Ranger
05-25-2004, 07:55 PM
Man!! Looks like we're in the same boat. I waited forever just for everything I wanted to come in stock, then, as soon as I order it, it goes on backorder! This is getting old. Things have been on backorder for what, since mid-April? I can't even play paintball because I sold my old gun to get the RT.... unless I rent :eek:

punkncat
05-25-2004, 08:06 PM
Man!! Looks like we're in the same boat. I waited forever just for everything I wanted to come in stock, then, as soon as I order it, it goes on backorder! This is getting old. Things have been on backorder for what, since mid-April? I can't even play paintball because I sold my old gun to get the RT.... unless I rent :eek:

Thats why you should ALWAYS keep a backup.

WARPED1
05-25-2004, 11:58 PM
..... a bouble trigher frame....A what now? Was that English?

gc82000
05-26-2004, 12:17 AM
Man that really sucks. Iwas going to get a RT ULE custom but since it is on back order for that long never mind. :( I really did not want to leave AGD for another company, but man this is getting ridiculous. AGD is a great company with outstanding products, I guess "quality is always out of stock." :D

smilestyler
05-26-2004, 12:24 AM
I'll bet if you ordered from a dealer, you would have had your gun a month ago. AGD always supplies their dealers first.

ghideon
05-26-2004, 12:41 AM
I'll bet if you ordered from a dealer, you would have had your gun a month ago. AGD always supplies their dealers first.

Amen on that. Got my RT ULE w/Y grip and ULT from Tunaman almost two months ago. Haven't looked back.

Vanced
05-26-2004, 10:05 AM
I'll have to second what some have said... next time go with the big fish and call Da Tuna first ...

I think it is because most people outside of AO only know of ordering direct from AGD that puts a lot of stuff on back order expecially when it is a dealer who puts in a large order... and most do not know of the fine services some of our delears like Tuna and the other highly praised folks around AO ... they always don't have everything and sometimes suffer from the same supply and demand as AGD.. Ex. Nicad and waiting on Slugs... but they are often able to step up and go the extra mile when Tom and his folks are too obligated elsewhere to do so...

Dryden
05-26-2004, 10:24 AM
I'll have to second what some have said... next time go with the big fish and call Da Tuna first ...Shhhhh ... don't tell anyone, otherwise when I need to order something from Tuna, he won't have it in stock either! :D

Bwhaha, I'm going to have to make some phone calls. Two of my friends just ordered ULE-RTPs direct from AGD, even though I specifically told them (many, many times) that Tuna was the only person to go through. I'm going to call them everyday for the next two months and say, "Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet?"

Ranger
05-26-2004, 04:07 PM
Thats why you should ALWAYS keep a backup.

I can't even afford a Spyder. I spent all my money on the RT, and now I can't even get it untill who-knows-when. I even had a Model 98 as a sort of backup, but I let my friend use it, but instead he broke it.... :mad:

Polish
05-26-2004, 04:26 PM
I can't even afford a Spyder. I spent all my money on the RT, and now I can't even get it untill who-knows-when. I even had a Model 98 as a sort of backup, but I let my friend use it, but instead he broke it.... :mad:

How do you break a Tippmann? HOW!

Thermus
05-26-2004, 04:27 PM
Cancel your order and get something thats in stock.

Muzikman
05-26-2004, 04:41 PM
well let me give you some more info. It's not 100% there fault.
I first orderd a Nickel body. (Because it was in stock) so i thought.
Then i get a e-mail teling me the x-valve was out of stock till a week later so i changed my body they were supost to be in at the same time.
Now i under stand that the part out work.. but 2 months is a bit long. If i knew it would take this long i would have waited and orderd a bouble trigher frame ( the reasion i did not is i did not have the funds at the time ) But they charged me the next day. That money could have ben in my account erning interst.. and that is why i feel i should get a free ( or at least reduced Price ) double trigger frame. How ever I doubt it will happen.
What i really want is my new gun.

No offense...but that $500 sitting in a 1.5% anual intrest rate bank account for two months would not make you enough money to get a Intelliframe.

It does suck, and AGD's ability to keep things in stock has been REALLY ugly over the last few years. Yes they are a small company, but the only way to make money to sell items...you can not sell items if you do not have them.

Tunaman
05-26-2004, 04:43 PM
Is it there yet? Is it there yet? Is it there yet? :D :D

jesseyo13
05-26-2004, 05:07 PM
I was about to order one bad *** rt from them but when I saw 1 month waiting I went with my ir3. I wonder how many other customers the loose to back ordering.

GT
05-26-2004, 05:19 PM
I wonder how many other customers the loose to back ordering.

Does it matter? AGD sells more than they make...

jesseyo13
05-26-2004, 05:37 PM
dont get me wrong, I love agd products(still have a few), but I wonder why they cant keep half of their stuff in stock?

frischtr
05-26-2004, 06:25 PM
Man, I ordered my Karta RT custom from White Wolf two months ago, not here yet... He told me the body was ready a week after I ordered it, but still no package... I'm getting a little antsy...

Ranger
05-26-2004, 07:25 PM
How do you break a Tippmann? HOW!

Thats what I can't understand. I guess it's newbie power, man. Something happened to the valve, and I'd have to buy a new CVX one from Tippmann, but I don't feel like buying a new one. Oh well....

Dryden
05-27-2004, 09:02 AM
No offense...but that $500 sitting in a 1.5% anual intrest rate bank account for two months would not make you enough money to get a Intelliframe. Forget the Intelliframe, two month's interest on $500 in a passbook savings account wouldn't even cover the front frame screw! :)

dont get me wrong, I love agd products(still have a few), but I wonder why they cant keep half of their stuff in stock?Because people buy it? AGD can't produce this stuff fast enough to keep up with demand ... I don't think you'll ever hear them complain about that! ;)

oneworld
05-27-2004, 11:29 AM
well..i just ordered mine..the lady said everything i ordered was in stock
but its been three days..and i still dont have an order number or even an email tellin me that its outta stock...i dunno maybe i got lucky..or atleast i wont have to wait as long as some people do...man that really sucks...

WARPED1
05-27-2004, 12:06 PM
I can see companies being out of stock sometimes, but with AGD it seems a constant. Xmag anyone?

GT
05-27-2004, 12:39 PM
I can see companies being out of stock sometimes, but with AGD it seems a constant. Xmag anyone?

always there to kick a brother while he's down, eh Warped?

GoatBoy
05-27-2004, 12:59 PM
Heh, I love WARPED1's posts. I'm sure they cheese a lot of people off, but I get a lot of entertainment value out of them.

Now, if I'm not mistaken, isn't general policy not to charge credit cards pretty much until merchandise is shipped? There are exceptions... but I don't think this is one of those situations. Was this a credit card transaction?

Personally, I would cancel the order. Always have a backup... plan.

Any other markers out there you're interested in?

RobAGD
05-27-2004, 01:20 PM
Try being a retailer and ordering things customers actually want to buy and you cant get them.

Its sucks, I have been actually selling the crap outta the ULE RTP's and mainbodies, but AGD cant deliver product in a consistant manner.

Lets be honest, almost all the guns they are selling are using the X valves, how the hell can you run out of your basic black valve ? How about the basic Black Mainbodie ?

Someone is screwing the pooch on the procurment side of things and this has been a consistant issue for over 2 years now and it needs to be fixed.

Its not hard you look at the last 3 months sales or item movment, you see your averging 30 valves a month, you currently have 20 in stock, and you order for 3 months of product, You should order 110-130 ( 3 months * 30 valves + 10 + your pad) valves and that would give you a little head room. Now you also have to account for lead time and production time and final part assembly time. Now you now know you need 6 weeks to get product into the system and ready to sell. Now if you have 20 in stock and it takes 6 week to get new product to sell, and you sell about 30 a month your f'ed. Your realy screwed if your supplier cant get you product on a normal time frame.

blah

Blah^2

-Robert

WARPED1
05-27-2004, 03:15 PM
always there to kick a brother while he's down, eh Warped?No, just pointing out fact. Best bet is to call directly, find out if in stock, if not, go elsewhere and/or get something else is all. No matter what company it is. AGD is by no means a "bad" company, just not perfect on supply part of "supply and demand".

Tunaman
05-27-2004, 05:28 PM
I hear ya Rob! :mad:

GT
05-27-2004, 05:51 PM
No, just pointing out fact.

Come on man,
Lets get real here, you take every opertunity to kick AGD. Remember its not what you said but how you said it.

The great irony here is if AGD decided starting today to only make perfect products; super effiency, no chops, physically desirble markers, and they could have them delievered to your door tomorrow you would still piss and moan about AGD's past mistakes, Xmags never instock and the super bolt fiasco.

Now, I am not going to say that you hate AGD, however you do have to like them just alittle bit given that is what this web board is all about...

GoatBoy
05-27-2004, 07:23 PM
Come on man,
Lets get real here, you take every opertunity to kick AGD. Remember its not what you said but how you said it.

The great irony here is if AGD decided starting today to only make perfect products; super effiency, no chops, physically desirble markers, and they could have them delievered to your door tomorrow you would still piss and moan about AGD's past mistakes, Xmags never instock and the super bolt fiasco.

Now, I am not going to say that you hate AGD, however you do have to like them just alittle bit given that is what this web board is all about...

It's getting a little deep in here. You're describing like... hypothetical irony. Which is a little weird.

No, the irony is that with all the hard work on the mags, like the technical improvements as well as aesthetics and the AO cult campaign, they ARE chipping away at the mag stigma -- enough so that, wow, people actually want to buy mags. And what happens? "Oh, uhm... backordered. 2 months. Or discontinued."

THAT'S irony.

"Because quality always shoots itself in the foot."

Paintball_4_Fun
05-27-2004, 07:48 PM
Dont worry. They will have available sooner than expected.

well i expected it 5-10 days after i ordered it.
Do you have any inside info? ;)
I just really want my new gun.

GT
05-27-2004, 08:18 PM
No, the irony is that with all the hard work on the mags, like the technical improvements as well as aesthetics and the AO cult campaign, they ARE chipping away at the mag stigma -- enough so that, wow, people actually want to buy mags. And what happens? "Oh, uhm... backordered. 2 months. Or discontinued."

THAT'S irony.

"Because quality always shoots itself in the foot."

ooooohhh now that is so funny yet so true :D

Paintball_4_Fun
05-30-2004, 04:45 AM
Did the blue Cf bodys come in.. I see a few dealers on e-bay are not offering them?
Please god let them be in. Or at least mine. :D