PDA

View Full Version : rounded off bolt?

sharpshooter1286
05-25-2004, 06:34 PM
on my 68/3000 crossfire tank, one of the bolts is rounded off. the problem is, air is leaking out of this bolt, of the little hole on top of it. i have brought it to the pro-shop yet...but if i do i know the guy will be a jerk and make me feel like i did something seriously wrong. how it happened was, i was playing at paintball heaven, and i went to get my fill. the guy started to fill it, only for it to leak out of the little bolt on the side of the top of the tank. he then tryed to loosen the bolt to see what was wrong, but he couldnt because it was so tight and he had no lube or ne thing. i went home, and i put a slightly loosely fitting wrench around the bolt. now my question is, can i save this bolt, or should i modify it enough so that i can get it off, and then just buy a new bolt? is there a way to get it off?

sharpshooter1286
05-25-2004, 06:53 PM
oh never mind...i used my noggin and somehow got the size below on to it. turns out, that little thingy burst cuz it was bad or somethin idk. now, does anyone know where i can get replacement parts for crossfire tanks?

personman
05-25-2004, 08:17 PM
Thats called a burst disk.. it blows up when the pressure in the tank gets too high for safety reasons.

You can buy them most anywhere, just make sure that they're the right pressure.

sharpshooter1286
05-25-2004, 09:27 PM
umm the one on the website im looking at just says "N2 burst disc"??? how do i tell the pressure? maybe i should just go to my pro shop and tell them i need a new burst disc.

personman
05-25-2004, 09:30 PM
Well you can try it, to tell you the truth I dont know anything about burst discs because i've never had to replace one.. but you can ask the proshop.

BlackVCG
05-26-2004, 01:46 AM
On the top or around the side of the burst disk will be a number. Usually something like 1.8K or 3K or 5K. That is the pressure rating of the burst disc. Get one that is the same pressure and replace it.