PDA

View Full Version : Ule Rt Pro ASA leak, please help

Chicago Pb 7
05-25-2004, 06:42 PM
I recently purchased a Automag RT PRO, I tuned the Level 10 and I have no bolt stick problems but when I try to put in my friends 47 3000 PMI steel tank the air just pours out of the asa(the gun still fires well and the trigger is reactive). I checked out a couple of posts that said it could be just a bad match with the asa and the tank. Can anyone confirm that and is there anything I can do before I either get a new drop forward or a tank. Any help would be great.

Zedaine
05-25-2004, 07:48 PM
Maybe the o-ring on the tank is bad.

jwalker87
05-25-2004, 08:04 PM
agreed. replace the o-ring and be sure to oil it before you put it on. One of my friend's tanks I have to wrap with teflon tape if I want to use with my ASA.

Target Practice
05-25-2004, 08:09 PM
Sounds like a bad Reg-to-ASA match. I have a 68/30 PMI PE that isn't compatable with my stock ASA. I switched out an ASA off of one of my Tippies, and it works fine. Just do that, it works perfectly, and it's cheap.

Chicago Pb 7
05-25-2004, 08:50 PM
I replaced and lubed the o-rings, same result. O well I have to buy myself a tank anyway.

Chicago Pb 7
05-25-2004, 09:40 PM
Has this happened to anyone else?

kdawg
05-27-2004, 12:18 AM
are you screwing the tank all the way in? And it's coming out around the threads and not one of the fittings?

You can try dropping an oring into the asa then screwing in the tank.....that should seal it up. I've had a asa/tank combo I had to do this with.

Chicago Pb 7
05-27-2004, 04:13 PM
Ya the tank is all the way in and ya im sure its leaking from around the threads and I tryed the o-ring thing with no success.

Dryden
05-28-2004, 09:46 AM
A friend of mine just e-mailed me this morning and reports he has the exact same problem. His new 45/68 Crossfire worked fine on a brand new RT for about 200 shots, then started leaking out the ASA. He just purchased both this week. Now it won't go on the RT's ASA without leaking through the threads, but if he takes the exact same tank and puts it on his Classic, it works without a hiccup.

He's bringing it down to me tomorrow to take a look at. We've got about 4 different makes/models of tanks to work with and several different configurations of drops, duckbills, and on/offs. I'll let you know what we figure out.

As suggested, you could wrap the bottle threads in teflon tape - it would work, - but I'd caution against it because of the risk of shredding the tape and then sending tiny pieces of it through the marker.

Vanced
05-28-2004, 10:19 AM
I have had this problem before, as well as a bad asa match leak on a gas through to vert ASA...Here is the quick and easy solution that worked for me...

Just put a CO2 tank O-ring in the bottom of the ASA... and screw the tank in tight up agaisnt it...

Stopped the leak in both cases and no Teflon Tape involved...

Give it a try and I hope it works for you...