PDA

View Full Version : Running my Rev and Warp from the Emag Battery

143Paul
10-09-2001, 12:52 PM
I would like to run all of my electric bits from the Emag battery.

VeiwLoader says the 12V Rev can be run strait off the 18v Emag battery. No problem.

Now the Warp feed is only 9v max. What size resister would I put in series to reduce the voltage to 9v? Or what other mods would need to be added to the Warp.

I know that this will reduce my battery life, I can live with that. My goal is to eliminate the 3 9v batteries on my gun.

Puckz
10-09-2001, 01:43 PM
Personally I'd leave the Warp to run on its own battery system. Reason being that if the Emag battery runs out you can still shoot the Emag in manual, still shake the revvy to feed, but the Warp would be done until you charged it.

If you still wanted to wire it you can get a 12v voltage reg from Radioshack which will give you a bit more speed in the warp.

143Paul
10-09-2001, 01:49 PM
Good piont, But I would still like to be able to leave the battery out.

I'll check out the radio shack deal.

Does anyone know the internal resistance in the motor on the warp?

Temo Vryce
10-09-2001, 02:11 PM
Depending on how much electronics knowledge you have you could try wiring a 9v Zener Diode in Paralell with the Motor and then a 1k resistor in series with Motor Diode.

_________Resistor______
|.........|...............................|
[M]....Diode......................Battery
|____ |_______________ |

The dots are there just to keep the line in place and the [M] is the Motor.

I believe that some where Tom/AGD posted a thread talking about how to hook up the warp to the E-Mag battery. You might want to go looking for it.

143Paul
10-09-2001, 02:33 PM
I've had basic circuts 101 and 102 (for non-electrical engineers)

I understand your diagram, but I'm not sure what the diode is doing for you. What does the diode do?

Thanks for helping the lame....

(I'm a mechanical engineer posing as a petroleum engineer)

scarpa43
10-09-2001, 03:10 PM
If you want I can set it up for you, just ship me your warp, Emag, tank, etc. and i will get it going. it may take me about a year to get the kinks out so just be patient.

D in Houston
;)

143Paul
10-09-2001, 03:16 PM
What is the zip code in LaLa Land

scarpa43
10-09-2001, 03:25 PM
752-something-something

udtseal
10-09-2001, 07:09 PM
HAHAHAAH!

ZeroXtreme
10-10-2001, 04:13 AM
Check this page out, really helpful.

http://www.robagd.com/

:)

Temo Vryce
10-10-2001, 06:39 AM
The diode you need is a Zener Diode 9v. It will allow only 9 v to pass through it and through the motor in parallel. The resistor will take the rest of the voltage. Hopefully you will understand what I suggesting now.

Pand0ra
10-10-2001, 03:04 PM
Just buy a 7809 from an electronic store. It's a regulator which will give 9V at it's output. It accepts up to 27V at it's input if I remember well.
There's also a 7812, if you need 12V (it's the one used in the revo loader).
Just check it doesn't heat too much.

@++

143Paul
10-12-2001, 07:11 AM
Hey guys thanks for all the help. The link to Tom's Hack page is great. And the 7809 was the perfect voltage regulator.

Temo Vryce
10-12-2001, 08:01 AM
Looks like you did a good job I'm glad someone was able to help you out. :)

donggie
10-13-2001, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Temo Vryce
Depending on how much electronics knowledge you have you could try wiring a 9v Zener Diode in Paralell with the Motor and then a 1k resistor in series with Motor Diode.

_________Resistor______
[M]....Diode......................Battery
|____ |_______________ |

The dots are there just to keep the line in place and the [M] is the Motor.

I believe that some where Tom/AGD posted a thread talking about how to hook up the warp to the E-Mag battery. You might want to go looking for it.

TEMO VRYCE:

I only need one diode and one resistor to do this mod? i've purchased a couple but am worried what might happen if either of these two were to go bad. Do I run the risk of blowing up the board? Also which side is positive and which is negative? A little more clarification would be greatly appreciated. I intend to undergo this modification this afternoon. I would appreciate any and all assistance you might provide. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Don

donggie
10-13-2001, 05:20 PM
can anyone help me with this diagram please. Not sure where everything goes and which side the resistor goes on.

Help

don

143Paul
10-13-2001, 05:29 PM
Don't make your own circuit. Buy the voltage regulator ( same thing but already made for you). Part # 7809. It will have 3 prongs on it. Both of the negitive wires are connected to the center prong. And the input is to the left prong and the 9V output is the right prong. Works perfect.

Feel free to call me during the week @ 972.383.6547 and I'll help you out. I just did mine and it's humming.

FYI your 12V Rev has a voltage regulator on the bord. It's the black and silver "box" - the one on the Rev is 7812 a 12V regulator.

donggie
10-13-2001, 07:31 PM
Thanks paul,

i'll call you during the week. I'd love to do the mod with just the regualtor but I've been to three different Radio Shacks in my area and can't find the part. Major pain in the but. Should be a simple mod too. Anyway, thanks,

don

143Paul
10-14-2001, 06:37 AM
I know, RadioShack does not have the right part. I had to go to a different electronics store.

If you have trouble finding one I'll get one for you. They are only $1.50