PDA

View Full Version : Pro choise?

bornl33t
05-26-2004, 06:33 PM
Just heard the funniest thing on Dr Laura.

"Pro choise isn't about doing what's right it's about doing what feels good. {in a childish voice} I don't care if it's right or wrong, I'm going to do whatever I feel like doing"

I about swallowed my gum... kekekeke

Kevmaster
05-26-2004, 07:18 PM
Just heard the funniest thing on Dr Laura.

"Pro choise isn't about doing what's right it's about doing what feels good. {in a childish voice} I don't care if it's right or wrong, I'm going to do whatever I feel like doing"

I about swallowed my gum... kekekeke

man...that murder i commited last week...it felt so good...dr. laura...you mean it was legal? :rolleyes:

Ov3rmind
05-26-2004, 07:34 PM
My mom used to listen to her all the time, she made me want to die 1000 painful deaths.

pputkowski
05-26-2004, 07:40 PM
It's Choi c e...

Yes, I'm a grammar Nazi

ramennoodles
05-26-2004, 09:38 PM
pro-spelling? and yes, I'm pro life....not gonna start a flame war by explaining why. Anyway, if you wanna hear some hilarious comedy about pro-choice (against pro-life) listen to Bill Hicks. He is one of the greatest comics ever.

deathstalker
05-26-2004, 10:43 PM
{in a childish voice}
This is the part that threw me for a loop. Was she being sarcastic, insinuating that "pro-choicers" think abortion is a form of birth control? I could toss out quotes from Loveline and you couldn't tell if it was serious or a joke.

Pro-choice has NOTHING to do with hedonism.

Bulldog
05-27-2004, 12:08 PM
This is the part that threw me for a loop. Was she being sarcastic, insinuating that "pro-choicers" think abortion is a form of birth control? I could toss out quotes from Loveline and you couldn't tell if it was serious or a joke.

She's being sarcastic, she's pro-life. Or anti-baby killer, depending on which side of the coin your on. I thought threads like this were deleted on AO?

Cryer
05-27-2004, 12:12 PM
Abortion is murder.

I thought threads like this were deleted on AO?
Mods just havent seen it yet...

In before the lock! :cool:

taylor492
05-27-2004, 12:15 PM
closed in 3...2...1...

Bulldog
05-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Abortion is murder.

Mods just havent seen it yet...

In before the lock! :cool:

Agreed, so I could say anything I want right now!?

ahhhh, I got nothing.

Jack_Dubious
05-27-2004, 12:20 PM
Im pro-choice...especially if they could increase the age of an abortable fetus....like up to 16 years old. :p

In before lock.
JDub

Muzikman
05-27-2004, 12:40 PM
I am pro-choice...but I think that if you do it more than twice that it's required you get a hysterectomy. (without good reason, Rape, medical reason (ie, mother will not live through birth, etc)).

Now...that being said...I am all AGAINST partial birth abortions.

lord1234
05-27-2004, 12:42 PM
don't get me started here...

m20power
05-27-2004, 01:20 PM
I gotta agree with ramennoodles. Bill Hicks is the man. His pro drug rants also rock.

"Your stupidity is beneith you and thanks to the use of halucenagenic drugs, i see through you"- Bill Hicks

By the way I read somewhere that grammer nazis enjoy correcting others due to a massive inferiority complex. Isnt that amazing.

davidb
05-27-2004, 01:57 PM
By the way I read somewhere that grammer nazis enjoy correcting others due to a massive inferiority complex. Isnt that amazing.

When somebody misspells something as simple as the word "choice", multiple times, the same way, in the same thread (in other words it's obviously not just a typo, or somebody being lazy, or whatever) you're doing them a favor by correcting them.

Oh, and I'm strongly pro-life and in before the close. :D

taylor492
05-27-2004, 02:04 PM
well since it hasnt been closed yet ill put my .02 in

I am so anti-abortion its not even funny.

pregnancy by rape is another issue though, and i wont even go there.

m20power
05-27-2004, 02:05 PM
When somebody misspells something as simple as the word "choice", multiple times, the same way, in the same thread (in other words it's obviously not just a typo, or somebody being lazy, or whatever) you're doing them a favor by correcting them.

Oh, and I'm strongly pro-life and in before the close. :D

Hey another person from cali. Dont you just love being in the armpit of california. Where do you play at? I play at TAAG near Coursegold.

I forgot to mention Im pro choice. I just wish that with certain people abortions could be retro-active.

Crazy
05-27-2004, 02:11 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~zo/ohhhh.jpg

bornl33t
05-27-2004, 02:19 PM
a. it's not political so it's not going to be close... until some one posts somthing retarded and some of you are getting darn close
b. you speak two languages and try to post something at 5 am and see if you spell everything right
c. I'm pro choise. You have a choise to sleep around. After that you are responcible for the baby and/or other consequences.

People need to do less of what they FEEL like doing and consider if it's right or wrong first then do what's right.

lord1234
05-27-2004, 02:22 PM
a. it's not political so it's not going to be close... until some one posts somthing retarded and some of you are getting darn close
b. you speak two languages and try to post something at 5 am and see if you spell everything right
c. I'm pro choise. You have a choise to sleep around. After that you are responcible for the baby and/or other consequences.

People need to do less of what they FEEL like doing and consider if it's right or wrong first then do what's right.

ummm...what if you get raped...was that your choice?

nippinout
05-27-2004, 02:40 PM
I support post-birth abortion.

Babies taste good.

:eek: :confused: :D :mad: :cool: ;) :confused: :D

taylor492
05-27-2004, 02:49 PM
the one thing i dont think ill ever understand is how someone can look at abortion as anything BUT killing another person

Having said that ill never understand how they justify it.

lord1234
05-27-2004, 02:59 PM
taylor...what if that person was never supposed to be born in the first place...what if some EVIL person raped your mom tomorrow*(hypothetical please don't flame me for that statement). Do you think she should keep the baby?

in fact, i want all of you prolife/"people who have abortions are baby killers people" to think about that. Lets say your wife/sister/mother/whoever was raped by an evil evil person. Would you want a brother/nephew/son that had no relation to you, that was in fact forced upon you to be brought into this world?

*disclaimer* all statements below are not of an inflamatory nature, but just meant to engender conversation.

deathstalker
05-27-2004, 03:03 PM
I am pro-choice because I feel that because abortions will happen anyway, whether it's legal or illegal, we should try to keep the procedure as safe as possible to protect at least one life. Quite a few women died as a result of illegal abortions performed under atrocious conditions. Also, if all babies were carried to term, many of them would have a horrible environment growing up and they would not receive the care they require and deserve because the parents are unable to provide it.

Adoption is definitely a great option, but not every woman is willing to give up their flesh and blood to someone else. The choice to give up or abort is not easy and RARELY is that decision ever taken lightly. That's the exception, not the rule.

Wonder how many of you guys out there, especially the teenagers and those still in school, feel prepared to care for a child. Most of you can't even care for yourself, let alone accept the responsibility of providing for and raising a child.

IBC

Machina123
05-27-2004, 03:11 PM
im all pro-choice. it is the womans body and she should be able to make her own decision's. most abortions are peformed within the first couple of weeks of conception, and in my opinion when the sperm just hits the egg the little ball is not really sonsidered a person, it cant even think its just dividing its cells. and the heart doesnt beat for like 3 months or somethin like that.

Halliday
05-27-2004, 03:15 PM

If it's not a form of birth control then what is it? Another chance to see a doctor that has cold instuments?

And about being raped by someone "evil?" Why kill the baby? They did nothing wrong. Kill the rapist not the innocent baby.

FactsOfLife
05-27-2004, 03:18 PM

By the way, I read that people who don't know how to spell correctly are morons.

Oh yeah, and in before the lock...

taylor492
05-27-2004, 03:22 PM
Lord1234-You bring up a good point. My answer is I dont know. My initial reaction would be to say no. But then i think why should the other innocent person have to suffer too. Its too gray of a situation.

One i hope i never have to deal with

well since it hasnt been closed yet ill put my .02 in

I am so anti-abortion its not even funny.

pregnancy by rape is another issue though, and i wont even go there.

I guess i should've said "i won't go there because i simply don't know."

What i feel strongly about is abortion in cases other than rape. Thats what i think i know enough about to have an opinion

lord1234
05-27-2004, 03:33 PM
by legal definition: person does not apply until you are fetal...a dividing cell is not considered fetal. If you want to go biblical...please show me the biblical reference that proves that person applies to ANYONE other than a born child.

m-98
05-27-2004, 03:44 PM
I am prolife but I will change my opinion if anybody can prove to me that a fetus is not a person. Also, in before the close.

lord1234
05-27-2004, 03:47 PM
fetus is a person...but what about a cell? thats dividing? is that a person? babies are not considered fetal till 2nd trimester...so first trimester they are not feti(i think this is the plural...correct me if i am wrong)

Cryer
05-27-2004, 03:50 PM
IMO, if girl got raped, they should go through with the pregnancy and at most consider adoption services or foster care afterwards.

I understand rape is a traumatizing experience, and there is a tremendous amount of constant emotional stress involved, but thats no excuse to prevent a child from being born.

m-98
05-27-2004, 03:54 PM
fetus is a person...but what about a cell? thats dividing? is that a person? babies are not considered fetal till 2nd trimester...so first trimester they are not feti(i think this is the plural...correct me if i am wrong)

The difference between these cells and any others is that these cells are the building blocks for a new person, they may not look like a person but that doesn't change anything. It's like wadding up a new $100 dollar bill, it doesn't look the same as before but it is still the same thing.

lord1234
05-27-2004, 03:55 PM
well then a complex carbohydrate cell is the building block too....so like a banana? or say maybe some sugar?

lord1234
05-27-2004, 03:59 PM
also cryer, it has been proven that children who go into the adoption/DSS system have MANY problems..(i am sure someone who has been adopted/dss'd will read this and get pissed...sorry, but its a larger amount of ABNORMAL people that come out of this process than normal people). Also, its a traumatizing experience for mother/family to ahve to give up a child. Personally if my daughter was raped, i would have her have an abortion...who in gods green earth would want to bring a baby into the world that has the genetic profile of a vicious rapist? Personally i think that somewhere deep down inside criminal personalities are genetic and I think upon entry into the prison system, sterilization should be instant.

BTW, i am glad we can have a good discussion instead of someone flaming away and calling each other "liberal" or "conservative" i personally tend to lump myself in the middle because it depends what the subject is and then i make my choice...for example i am PRO death penalty, pro euthanasia, pro abortion, pro gun rights...etc etc

Cryer
05-27-2004, 04:06 PM
also cryer, it has been proven that children who go into the adoption/DSS system have MANY problems.
Personally, I think thats better than not having the opportunity to have problems in the first place.

I honestly can say, that if I were ever to have a part in an abortion (whether it be a wife's, a daughter's, or a friend's) I would not be able to wash my hands of it. I would carry the guilt to my death bed, and perhaps beyond.

regardless of whose child it is, it deserves to live.

FactsOfLife
05-27-2004, 04:19 PM
I only have one simple question.

If you leave the process of procreation alone, i.e. don't abort, what is produced from these "cell divisions"?

Bluestrike_2
05-27-2004, 04:39 PM
I'm sorta pro-life BUT:

if the person is born into a ****ty family who does NOT like adoption, then an abortion is a must. Why bring a child into a living hell?

Some people do NOT believe in adoption, but in abortion. Why? I don't know :confused:

Jonneh
05-27-2004, 04:48 PM
I only have one simple question.

If you leave the process of procreation alone, i.e. don't abort, what is produced from these "cell divisions"?Comedy "A Human" answer. That's all well and good, but for a women to put herself through 9 months of ill health, discomfort and whatever the hell else sucks about pregnancy for a baby she doesn't even want, only then for her just to give it away (or even worse, care for it substandardly(?))seems kind of unfair, to both parties. Let them nip it in the bud and chalk one up to experience.

Also technically, an unborn baby counts as a parasite http://www.digitalbrain.com/jonneh/emot-v.gif

taylor492
05-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Comedy "A Human" answer. That's all well and good, but for a women to put herself through 9 months of ill health, discomfort and whatever the hell else sucks about pregnancy for a baby she doesn't even want, only then for her just to give it away (or even worse, care for it substandardly(?))seems kind of unfair, to both parties. Let them nip it in the bud and chalk one up to experience.

Also technically, an unborn baby counts as a parasite http://www.digitalbrain.com/jonneh/emot-v.gif

hmmmm. Lets think about this one for a second. If she doesnt want the baby, then.......................................

simple math
1+1=2
1+0=1

Rooster
05-27-2004, 05:23 PM
The right of a woman to kill her own child doesn't bother me; as long as I have the same right.

1stdeadeye
05-27-2004, 05:25 PM
Im pro-choice...especially if they could increase the age of an abortable fetus....like up to 16 years old. :p

In before lock.
JDub

Make it 21!

Dr. Laura is still on the air? She's a yenta!

FactsOfLife
05-27-2004, 05:59 PM
Comedy "A Human" answer. That's all well and good, but for a women to put herself through 9 months of ill health, discomfort and whatever the hell else sucks about pregnancy for a baby she doesn't even want, only then for her just to give it away (or even worse, care for it substandardly(?))seems kind of unfair, to both parties. Let them nip it in the bud and chalk one up to experience.

I can't even comment on this.

Mods, ya best nip this thread in the bud...

Machina123
05-27-2004, 06:01 PM
all the male people posting now cannot really relate (including me). we cannot begin to imigine the emotional and physical stress that may come with an un-wanted baby. in the end it does not really come down to whether we ourselves find it right or wrong, because according to the law we have no say whether or not the female keeps the baby, but i believe that you should support them no matter what decission they make.

Rooster
05-27-2004, 06:08 PM
She didn't make that baby by herself. The father should get equal say.

1stdeadeye
05-27-2004, 06:15 PM
I will wade in here against my better judgement.

I feel abortion is wrong. I would encourage anyone I knew not to get one. However it is legal. It is the law of the land now. I feel I have no right to take that right away from some scared pregnant 14 year old inner city girl.

Don't like the laws? Change them! Vote for people who will make it illegal. Just remember you must have caveots in there for the health of the mother, incest and rape.

Why rape? Because reproduction is a matter of choice and in a rape, the victim had no choice!

Machina123
05-27-2004, 06:22 PM
She didn't make that baby by herself. The father should get equal say.

yah well men dont get a say. and they never will or should. it is the womans body.

1stdeadeye
05-27-2004, 06:35 PM
FACT: Pro-Choice is where it's at, 24/7!

GOD DOESN'T LOVE EVERYBODY, I CAN'T PROVE IT YET, BUT THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE.

That attachment is evil and not funny. :(

Maksimus54
05-27-2004, 06:57 PM
I don't think that it should be a standard procedure, but I also think that there needs to be a way to stop rape/incest pregnancies. I like the idea of mandatory birthcontrol until marriage and proof of a stable job.

walker2287
05-27-2004, 07:13 PM
FACT: Pro-Choice is where it's at, 24/7!

GOD DOESN'T LOVE EVERYBODY, I CAN'T PROVE IT YET, BUT THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE.

That attachment is evil and not funny. :(

i really didnt want to flame anyone but God Caption Jack can u be anymore inhuman. that is sooo not even funny. i dont even want to imagine what kinda person you are. and the reason why you cant prove that God doesnt love everyone, is because he does. so you can try as much as you like. in fact go ahead and waste ur time trying instead of making retarted post like urs as it says in the bible FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE SENT HIS ONE AND ONLY SON SO THAT WHOM SHALL EVER BELIEVE IN HIM SHALL HAVE ETERNAL LIFE. saving people from hell now thats love.

in case u havnt guessed im pro-life. i have friends who are adopted and have a great life. i know it doesnt always turn out like this, but your normal parents can be bad 2. also with rape. bad stuff happens which we are all deeply saddened when s1 gets rapped but killing someone isnt going to fix it.

CaptaiN_JacK
05-27-2004, 07:16 PM
your right, we shouldnt kill unborn fetuses (aka persons). i say that we just take them out of their mothers captivity, because they are people and all, they should be able to live by themselves, right guys?

spantol
05-27-2004, 07:20 PM
Even when engaged in such an emotionally-charged discussion as this, there are a number of ways to make a point without being a dick. Please pick one.

your right, we shouldnt kill unborn fetuses (aka persons). i say that we just take them out of their mothers captivity, because they are people and all, they should be able to live by themselves, right guys?

walker2287
05-27-2004, 07:21 PM

right.... so can babies right after they are born.... they can take of themselves

spantol
05-27-2004, 07:22 PM
You're willing to let a government employee decide whether you're fit for parenthood? Further, you're willing to let the government mess with your junk in the process?

I don't think that it should be a standard procedure, but I also think that there needs to be a way to stop rape/incest pregnancies. I like the idea of mandatory birthcontrol until marriage and proof of a stable job.

Jack_Dubious
05-27-2004, 07:42 PM
didnt want to bring in religion...but hey since someone already mentioned it....:p

"And if men struggle and strike a woman with child so that she has a miscarriage, yet there is no further injury, he shall be fined as the woman's husband may demand of him, and he shall pay as the judges decide. But if there is any further injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise."

Exodus 21:22-25

JDub

CaptaiN_JacK
05-27-2004, 07:50 PM
^^^^^moral of the story, DONT HIT YOUR WIFE.

-Carnifex-
05-27-2004, 07:55 PM
I'm somewhat pro-choice. I believe you should have to qualify, ie. be in a monogamos relationship and be early in the pregnancy, as in before the fetus can feel pain. If not the fetus should be administered pain killers. I am, however, fully against partial birth abortion.

FactsOfLife
05-27-2004, 08:00 PM
Capt Jackass you should be thanking your lucky stars I ain't a mod...

1stdeadeye
05-27-2004, 08:02 PM
You're willing to let a government employee decide whether you're fit for parenthood? Further, you're willing to let the government mess with your junk in the process?

There shall be no messing with the JUNK!!!!!! ;)

CaptaiN_JacK
05-27-2004, 08:08 PM
Capt Jackass you should be thanking your lucky stars I ain't a mod...

believe me, every night i do thank my lucky stars youre not a mod. because if you were, it would be a conservative nightmare. maybe thats why you arent already a mod? or maybe its becasue youre more ghey than elton john. either way, i <3 boobs.

Ov3rmind
05-27-2004, 08:25 PM
I'm ok with first trimester abortions personally. Killing a cluster of dividing cells does not bother me. I believe third trimester abortions should only be permitted if the mother's life is in danger though.

painTech
05-27-2004, 08:33 PM
i agree w/ abbortions if themother is not fit to have a child ie: young
if the mother may die from the birth, a livingmother is better than taking a chance on whether the baby will make it.
if the child is a retard. i know its cruel but it hink it needs to be done.

spantol
05-27-2004, 08:34 PM
Isn't there something in the Bill of Rights about this? The right of the people to keep and maintain their junk shall not be infringed, Congress shall make no law abridging the rights of the people to their junk, or something like that?

If not, there ought to be.

There shall be no messing with the JUNK!!!!!! ;)

Bluestrike_2
05-27-2004, 08:42 PM
okay, question.

The mother WILL DIE if she follows through with the pregnancy. It's abortion now, or death, with a 50/50 chance that the baby will even live. So, is it right then? The mother is an upstanding citizen, who does a lot for charity and the community. Is it still worth it?

There is no right, nor wrong, answer here. Just an opinion question.

CaptaiN_JacK
05-27-2004, 08:47 PM
bluestrike is right. there isnt a factual answer, just opinions. i say we let this thread die, becasue its not like people will read this thread and change their minds about abortion, it just doesnt happen like that.

<font size=+5>let this thread die</font>

1stdeadeye
05-27-2004, 09:04 PM
i agree w/ abbortions if themother is not fit to have a child ie: young

And who is going to make that decision? You>

I think abortion is a very bad thing. It is also a very private thing. No one has the right to force it or not force it on anyone.

As for Bluestrike, you must save the woman's life. She may try to reproduce again, but her life must be first and foremost.

As for CJ I hereby dub you Collegeboy II! :rolleyes:

CaptaiN_JacK
05-27-2004, 09:09 PM
if only i knew who collegeboy was i might have thought that was funny or hurtfull or witty or whatever it was meant to be.....

taylor492
05-27-2004, 09:47 PM
if only i knew who collegeboy was i might have thought that was funny or hurtfull or witty or whatever it was meant to be.....

^^^^^^^
Listening to Captain _Jack makes me wanna rethink my stance on abortion

ramennoodles
05-27-2004, 10:13 PM
ok, in my opinion abortion is wrong because we have no way of determining when a sperm and egg become a human, so how can we tell if we are committing murder? is a baby one second before it exits the body not a person? we can't tell, therefore i am moraly opposed to abortion(strongly, no matter what the circumstance, the baby didn't rape the mother, why punish it?)

on the other hand, legally it cannot be outlawed because legally a fetus is not a person therefore it is not legally murder. i shouldn't be completely outlawed, but definitely heavily restricted, its not just like a casual check up or routine visit with your doctor....you are ending a life forever, a boy or girl that could have grown up, went to kindergarten, graduated, gone off to college, just think about that life you just wasted....just my opinion.

FactsOfLife
05-27-2004, 10:26 PM
Captain Jackass is the reason there still IS abortion.

Cryer
05-27-2004, 10:54 PM
Listening to Captain _Jack makes me wanna rethink my stance on abortion

Captain Jackass is the reason there still IS abortion.

Indeed. He's been on my ignore list for quite some time, now...

okay, question.

The mother WILL DIE if she follows through with the pregnancy. It's abortion now, or death, with a 50/50 chance that the baby will even live. So, is it right then? The mother is an upstanding citizen, who does a lot for charity and the community. Is it still worth it?

There is no right, nor wrong, answer here. Just an opinion question.
Thats a tough call. Personally, I would have to take a good long while to make a decision on that.

I hope its something I never have to deal with.