PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag or E-Blade?

xXpaintballthugXx
05-26-2004, 08:23 PM
what do u guys think i should get...thanx for the help

mark_426
05-26-2004, 09:04 PM
wrong forum, but welcome to AO - these are for sale and trade threads (classifieds). should be in paintball talk

go with a blade, more efficent, i can shoot one faster. try both though

evan123
05-26-2004, 09:50 PM
Its not in the wrong forum...he is just trying to get some opinion BEFORE he buys one.

Well i don't really like cockers in general but the pull of the eblade is pretty nice. The emag has one of the nicest pulls also. The emag is pretty heavy without the ULE stuff which can be pretty heafty price. And the battery pack is bulky just IMO. The Emag has a great rep for being dependable everytime you go so just try them both out and see what you like best.

gc82000
05-27-2004, 12:47 AM
the thing that i dont like about blades is that the triggers need to be adjusted very well in order to get it exactly the way you want it. The mag trigger is adjusted by a magnet and can be adjusted in less then thirty minutes. JMO

Blazestorm
05-27-2004, 12:56 AM
Depends on what kind of person you air... they're both hybrids... both have anti-chopping capabilities... both have magnetic triggers (Well some Eblades)... Both take the same threads (If you get a ULE body)...

Emag is simpler, but doesn't shoot the same...

I'd personally go with neither and get a nice mech gun =D

lamby
05-27-2004, 01:19 AM
e-blade hands down.

The eblade is far better than the emag on all counts except for ease.. Eblades are still cockers and need more love than your average blow-forward. I got mine the way I like it and I would never go back to the emag (which I still have and is for sale in the FS threads somewhere)

FSU_Paintball
05-27-2004, 10:11 AM
the thing that i dont like about blades is that the triggers need to be adjusted very well in order to get it exactly the way you want it. The mag trigger is adjusted by a magnet and can be adjusted in less then thirty minutes. JMO

What the hell are you talking about? Eblades have magnetic triggers and can be adjusted in less than thirty SECONDS. There's 2 set screws and a magnet, all adjustable from the front of the trigger with an allen key, no disassembly necessary.

I personally like eblades... they're fast fast fast and the trigger is REALLY easy to adjust, and if you like to tinker there's a lot of things you can do to them. Not to mention the efficiency is a lot better than that found on any mag, especially if you throw a $7 spring kit in there

Still, it's all preference. And the mags are more simplistic, meaning easier to use, and harder to break. I have not used a mag with the latest software and lightened magnets either, so I can't really comment on whether or not a mag can keep up with an eblade, but you should get what you think feels better. You'll definitely like one more than the other... they're very different and cater to different people.

Fade
05-27-2004, 10:38 AM
First I'd like to say, Sorry. :o

This message will go against my will and against all morale thoughts in me.

I can't stand cockers!

They shoot so akward for me that I've completely given up on even slightly liking one. Weather its mech or electro, they handle and feel the same, and personally I wouldn't look at any cocker with hopes its actually going to be remotely of a tiny bit worth getting !!!

Like I said in the above message, I'm sorry, I always hate it when someone bashes another marker, but I'ver personally given up completely on giving the cocker any more to all chances of liking them.

My oppinion... go for the E-Mag, though it might need a bit more work on it to get it to your preference, its worth it. The cocker to me is a "self pupming pump gun", and even though they are known for "accuracy"... they handle pretty bad compared to so many other markers out there. The E-Mags might be heavy, but you can fix that with ULE, they might have some bulk to their batteries, but you can get it milled, they might have a rough double trigger feel, but you can order a blade for em.

Once again against my own will, Sorry for saying these things towards cockers for those who like them.

Oh and yes, the E-bladed Cocker would be slower than a Bladed X-Mag. The cocker has too many parts to it to complete a single firing cycle to even come close to what the X-Mag (or even a finely tuned E-Mag) can pull off.

Torbo
05-27-2004, 11:24 AM
id go for the eblade. The magnetic trigger is kinda awkward for some, but you can set it up so that it feels like a microswitched/springed trigger so its all good. The eyes are good on eblades, thats a huge plus. Really my only complaint with eblades is that unless you get a very expensive one, they kick quite a bit more than most guns.

mark_426
05-27-2004, 01:03 PM
Evan - is he selling (IE Classifieds) anything? Don't think so, youre discussing it (IE PB TALK) before/if he buys one.

Anyway, the expensive emag I had kicked more than the $600 black magic I shot at the field. A teammate has a ND timmy, a Worrlock, a Freeflow eblade, and a superstock. They all feel the same to me, minus the eyes on the Worrlock. The cocker has eye capability, but the Freeflow doesn't have eyes and doesnt break paint.

Effficency was already mentioned...

I prefer the eblade trigger a lot more, its not so sloppy (compared to my emag), and I could easily rip on the two eblades I've used.

Do you prefer a battery pack or disposable batteries?

And whoever said the emag is faster because of parts.... uhuh... The emag is capped at 20 SPS unless you get 4.0 software, which is not supposed to be distributed. Eblade has eyes... I'm not sure if it has a cap however.

You can find a nice eblade on here for a lot less than an emag- or what it takes to make a nice emag.

Also, don't be set on these two guns, try out matrices, angels, impulses, AKA guns, whatever.

Fade
05-27-2004, 01:27 PM
... try out matrices, angels, impulses, AKA guns, whatever.

The best advice given all day long ... right there ! ! !

Don't ask other people on what you should shoot, when your the one thats gonna shoot it for however long. Get a good feeling of as many Markers as you can before making any desicion, and make sure you get a good handle on one that you might be interested in.

I've handled Angels, Cockers, Matrix, Bushy, Shockers, *soon* Viking, Timmies, Imps, Mags, Hell I've even owned a Tippmann. In the long run I finally found what I've wanted, and LOVE IT.

Thermus
05-27-2004, 02:05 PM
If you arent already familiar with cockers, get teh emag. Much easier to maintain.

xXpaintballthugXx
06-02-2004, 09:15 PM
thanx for all the help