PDA

View Full Version : cannibalizing an rt pro? but still getting a backup?

durtysoufcraka
05-26-2004, 10:09 PM
so if i buy an RT pro just to put the X-valve on my emag. and take the ule body. will my emag body fit on the rt pro rail with no twist lock problems and will my old emag valve fit as well? just a few thoughts now that i have some money from selling text books. buy an rt pro to harvest the upgrades i would get and then have a sweet mech back up...possible? i hope so. i was jes wondering. thanx.
-durty

Halliday
05-26-2004, 10:20 PM
From what I could understand, yes.

personman
05-26-2004, 10:24 PM
Yes, It will work but you will need to swap the twist lock assembally from the emag rail to the RT Pro rail. Other than that it will work fine! Oh and you'll probably want to swap on/offs between the emag valve and xvalve.

durtysoufcraka
05-27-2004, 10:47 AM
awesome thanx guy. cant wait for my new ule body and x-valve and backup. also is the rogue rail cool for emags...i could jes get a rogue mag and then take the rail too...will the old emag rail work on the rt pro?
just a few concerns...oh and is it hard to get a new cocker back for my freak and is it also hard to sell the twist lock back...i need a cocker barrel. idk what to do on that my budget might be a touch tight. w/e. it'll get done. so will the rail switch work?
-durty

Vanced
05-27-2004, 10:49 AM
Yes, It will work but you will need to swap the twist lock assembally from the emag rail to the RT Pro rail. Other than that it will work fine! Oh and you'll probably want to swap on/offs between the emag valve and xvalve.

You don't really need to switch the on/off assembly although you can... what you really need to switch is the on/off pin because they will be different lenghts... ( Not for the valve reasons... but the E-mag uses a different length than an RT ) But yes as long as you switch the twist lock assembly from one rail to the other you should be fine... assuming the new RT Pro rails still have the hole for the twist lock in them....

personman
05-27-2004, 11:07 AM
Actually you would need to swap out the quad oring as well. I would think it easier just to swap the whole assembally but it doesnt really matter.. just the quad oring and the pin.

Dayspring
05-27-2004, 12:14 PM
The assemblies are different lengths too. Swap them both for safety.