PDA

View Full Version : Action Village becoming like 888crappyservice?

Paintcheck200
05-27-2004, 02:24 PM
PLaced an order with action village on May 19th, over $100 worth of stuff, everything listed as in stock....

2 weeks l8er and 2 things on back order, told by customer service that it probably won't be there for another 2 weeks.

Change 1 backordered item to something in stock, and asked for other backordered item to be dropped. No Problem except now I'm suppose to pay for shipping.

Fustrated, ask to talk to manager... Manager admits inventory mistake, but refuses to keep the free shipping and gives excuses about their supplier. Had to ask that order be completly dropped.

Does anyone know any online paintball store that has decent customer care anymore? I'm so sick of paintball companies like 888 and unfortunatly now actionvillage; who will not be getting any business from me anymore either :o

Torbo
05-27-2004, 02:29 PM
heres what you do: buy from your proshop. It might be a little bit more expensive, but its worth it, as its definatly in stock, if they dont suck theyll order anything you want and itll be in within a week, and problems are easy to resolve. And, i get great deals, usually well below internet prices.

edit: i guess this doesnt always hold true, i am spoiled by a proshop that charges the same as internet prices on all items.

lord1234
05-27-2004, 02:30 PM
www.paintballwizard.com

logamus
05-27-2004, 02:37 PM
on some items your local shop will be at or very close to the same price as online. somethings, however, the local shops still think its ok to charge insane prices. 12v xboard revvys for $81, that sounds fair. :rolleyes:

Paintcheck200
05-27-2004, 02:51 PM
I agree with you guys...
I moved recently so I need to check out the local shops.... Need to give them a chance... :)

Where I use to live I had bad experiances with local shops... Teenagers running store, and insane prices.

RAM3139
05-27-2004, 02:59 PM
I agree with everyone else, if you can get it for a reasonable price, support your local shop. If you cant though, I would recommend countypaintball.com. Not as large of selection as pbgear.com, but the service is top notch. All my emails have been answered within a day, most of the time within a few hours. I've never had an order messed up either( I've placed at least 6 orders that i can think of). Its run by one guy, Mike, and he goes out of his way to make sure your completely satisfied. And if your in the northeast like me, regular ground shipping gets there within 3 days of when you place your order. I would highly recommend checking them out.

Halliday
05-27-2004, 03:19 PM
I have become a real belivier in the local shops. Recently, I tried to get a Empire jersey from PBFanatics.com. After wasting 2 weeks with them I still didn't have the jersey. One of my local shops can order it for the same price (plus tax but minus shipping) and have it here in 2 days.
That works for me.

Dryden
05-27-2004, 03:57 PM
I'd suggest either http://www.paintball-online.com/ or http://www.paintball-discounters.com/

Paintball Discounters is Central Ohio Paintball, which also happens to be my local pro shop. If you want something that isn't on their Web site, just call them, they will either have it in stock or will get it in stock for you. They carry everything, even though some of those items never get listed in the online store. CO is also an authorized AGD distributor.

Paintball Online/Xtremez is also top quality. I ordered some revvy shells from them just recently, and my order was short one set (this is, incidently, the first thing they got wrong in over a dozen plus orders and several thousand dollars worth of purchases I've made). I called and a friendly, English speaking human answered the other end after two rings. All I had to do was fax a copy of my invoice to them, and they took care of the rest. The missing Revvy shell showed up a few days later along with a few sheets of stickers and a promisory letter that the hunchback in the stock room would be fired and the problem would never, ever happen again. :D

Kevmaster
05-27-2004, 04:05 PM
i couldn't be more opposed to ordering from "big-paintball-warehouse.com". They don't know what they're doing, they WILL not treat you well.

your local shop, YES, it costs more. your local shop, YES you get more! $81 x-board revvie. Prolly a little expensive...but...when you get it for $50 + $6 shipping from the online place...its $56...then add in two broken shells (we all know how everyone thinks revvies break shells like no other) and two more shippings..you're way over the $80 your store wuld have charged you and then given you free shells.

Your local shop is NOT out to jack you. Trust me on this.

shivors
05-27-2004, 04:18 PM
While I am all cozzie with the notion of supporting the little guy....I am more cozzy with getting the gear I want the next day delivered to my house. I am only 3 hours from PBGear.com's warehouse and everything I order arrives the next day.

Luckily in about 12 orders or so I havent had any problems.

....besides tha local shops here in the Quad Cities arent very good IMHO.

FallNAngel
05-27-2004, 04:24 PM
Well...
A) You could just order those two extra shells with the first order and save the shipping ;)
B) Not all local shops are going to give you free shells. If you just got it? Sure, they damn well better give you a new shell. A few weeks goes by? I highly doubt it unless you're a regular there that buys often.

Personally, if my local shop had cheaper prices, I might go there more often. I'll generally support it when I need something *right now* or when the place I'm ordering online doesn't have what I need. I usually don't get one thing here, one thing there.. I usually place rather large orders and the savings from getting it online is usually much cheaper than at the local shop.

Crazy
05-27-2004, 04:31 PM
your local shop, YES, it costs more. your local shop, YES you get more! $81 x-board revvie. Prolly a little expensive...but...when you get it for $50 + $6 shipping from the online place...its $56...then add in two broken shells (we all know how everyone thinks revvies break shells like no other) and two more shippings..you're way over the $80 your store wuld have charged you and then given you free shells.

Your local shop is NOT out to jack you. Trust me on this.

Wait, so local proshops gives away free revvy shells? This is news to me.

Thermus
05-27-2004, 04:37 PM
paintballgateway.com is a pretty good place as well.

RenagadeOfFunk
05-27-2004, 04:40 PM
...paintballgear is my proshop along with all the other fields that are popping up around chicago...

I basically only order from pbg...and my stuff is NEVER out of stock ;) ;) (wink-wink) :cool:

deathstalker
05-27-2004, 05:03 PM
When it comes to the "big" online stores, I still place my order over the phone. They can verify it's in stock and numerous times they'll go make sure they have it if it's running low. With PBGear, I'm close enough to pick it up and won't place the order until/unless everything is in stock.

As far as the local shops not wanting to jack us, I'd say that $30 for a gauge, $50 for a 9V, etc. are exorbitant prices. Some of the BBTs in the Chicago area were charging $2 per 1000 psi for fills! $9 to fill a 45/45? Sorry, I'll pass. I would also expect most stores to refer customers to the manufacturer when it comes to warranty issues. I would NOT expect them to give me something for free because it was not their problem.

With that said, I probably buy 90% of my gear on eBay and have never had a single problem.

dj89
05-27-2004, 05:10 PM
i'm still waiting for my 72.4500 crossy i orderd ;)

FallNAngel
05-27-2004, 05:20 PM
Some of the BBTs in the Chicago area were charging $2 per 1000 psi for fills!

How many are there? I only know of the Lansing store and Naperville... and I know the Naperville store fills to 3k for $1.

Crazy
05-27-2004, 08:52 PM
Um.. The BBT here in Indiana charges 1$ per fill. Not sure what is up with that?

FallNAngel
05-27-2004, 09:01 PM
and just for clarification, I meant how many in the Chicagoland area ;)

ghideon
05-27-2004, 09:19 PM
www.countypaintball.com

If I can't find it there, then (and only then) will I look somewhere else like PBGear.

afultz075
05-27-2004, 09:29 PM
I order a lot of stuff from countypaintball.com as well. I've probably ordered about $250 of accessories from Mike and i've had great service with every order.

We also have a new pro shop/field that's opening here (Lewistown, PA) in a few days that I think i'll be doing a lot of business with this summer, I went in early to ask about an Intelliframe and the guy asked me what the going rate online was, I said around $115 and he offered to order it for me and sell it to me for $103. I'm also getting a ULE Trigger kit for $43 and a ULE body for $135 from him in a week or so.

Xyxyll
05-27-2004, 09:35 PM
Actionvillage has always been crappy service. I've NEVER had a good purchase from them.

cheetah256
05-27-2004, 09:44 PM
As far as the local shops not wanting to jack us, I'd say that $30 for a gauge, $50 for a 9V, etc. are exorbitant prices. Some of the BBTs in the Chicago area were charging $2 per 1000 psi for fills! $9 to fill a 45/45? Sorry, I'll pass. I would also expect most stores to refer customers to the manufacturer when it comes to warranty issues. I would NOT expect them to give me something for free because it was not their problem.

*Every* one of my local stores charges $6 for a 3k fill and $9 for a 4.5k fill. i swear it's some sort of price fixing. i'd have to drive nearly an hour and a half to get anything cheaper.

BD_Paintball
05-27-2004, 09:48 PM
BBT in IL where i live does fills to 3000 for free on tues. if you buy a $1 sticker that says BBT and put it on your tank. its very nice, no more spending money on fills for me! :)

deathstalker
05-28-2004, 08:09 AM
How many are there? I only know of the Lansing store and Naperville... and I know the Naperville store fills to 3k for $1.
There's one in Vernon Hills, too. In their defense, they recently lowered their price to $1 per fill, but I used to drive to the Naperville store to save the $8.

BD_Paintball
05-28-2004, 03:35 PM
the one in vernon hills is the one that does free fills on tues. just buy the $1 sticker

Miscue
05-28-2004, 03:47 PM
They screwed up an order for me recently. They sent an order that I had cancelled, and cancelled an order that I wanted. Whoever did it, obviously did not bother looking at the order number I provided as reference. They won't pay for return shipping on their mistake. This is the first problem I've had with them, and have ordered roughly a dozen times.

tony3
05-28-2004, 03:48 PM
I never order from pbgear, usually I have to pay tax and shipping unless its over 100, so its pretty worthless to order from them. I buy almost all my gear used. I have yet to get ripped off in over 50+ sales. And it's cheaper :D

slade
05-28-2004, 03:55 PM
why is everyone saying that actionvillage has bad service?? i havent ordered from them a lot, maybe 5-6 times, but ive been completely satisfied with their service. they always answer questions within an hour and they have some of the best prices ive ever been able to find online. they also accept returns well.

Miscue
05-28-2004, 04:07 PM
why is everyone saying that actionvillage has bad service?? i havent ordered from them a lot, maybe 5-6 times, but ive been completely satisfied with their service. they always answer questions within an hour and they have some of the best prices ive ever been able to find online. they also accept returns well.

I think it's more specifically... when they screw up - human error, inventory software problem, who knows... they do not take the initiative to resolve the problem - and you as a customer eat it, instead of them.

Let's say you order something. You have a legitimate reason to cancel the order 2 minutes later, they obviously have not shipped it yet. However, you get a strange message back that says: "The order is in the middle of invoicing, try again tomorrow." But you didn't check your email, on your doorstep you have the package - your CC is charged. That is total BS. Why should you have to do that? I don't know if one person is doing this over there, or everyone... but somebody is. I'm not about to test it to see if it repeats.

Now, on the second day I did resubmit it (good luck if you didn't catch their email). Still screwed up... I have two cases of paint that I had already ordered substitutes for. Sure, I could send it back and pay a crap load of shipping. I figure I'll use it eventually, but I'd rather have fresher paint when possible.

Destructo6
05-28-2004, 05:09 PM
My Action Village story:

Last year, I was building an Autococker and AV seemed to have most of the parts I wanted, so I placed about a $220 order with them. There were about 12 items in the order.

Turned out that a couple of the items were not in stock, but were expected to be so in a week. No big deal.

Three weeks later, those parts are in stock, but some of those that were in stock a month ago, are now out of stock. The explanation is that they will not ship an order until all the items are in stock, which seems to make sense. However, they do not set aside those parts that are in stock until the order ships. Now, that sets up a situation where your multi-part order may never ship as parts come in and out of stock.

So, I switched all of the parts that were out of stock to an alternative that was in stock and asked the phone operator to verify. Done, or so I thought. Apparently their stock system was so inaccurate at that time that many of those in stock alternates were actually out of stock.

No apologies were forthcoming at this point. Nobody in management offered to ship next day ship these parts, probably about 2lbs worth. In fact, they wanted to charge me shipping if I broke the order into smaller parts if the total fell below the $100 free shipping threshold.

On top of all of this, some of the parts that were shipped were not what I'd ordered.

gc82000
05-28-2004, 06:28 PM
I want to know why are so many shops not sending items off to Guam. I dont mind paying a little more for shipping, but 888 wanted to charge me $75 for a 4 lb order. That seems just way over the top. And now I am hearing that other stores are stopping the orders to Guam as well. :mad:

skife
05-28-2004, 07:17 PM
on the contrary i do belive my local shop is out to jack me
$75 for a shocktech supa' fly bolt for a cocker

$50 for a drop without an asa.

Miscue
05-29-2004, 01:36 AM
on the contrary i do belive my local shop is out to jack me
$75 for a shocktech supa' fly bolt for a cocker

$50 for a drop without an asa.

Hehe, yeah. The local shops are all unreasonable - well, except the I&I shop I found recently. I've been ordering everything because, although I want to support a local shop - I don't want to that badly, and pay too much.

Annihilator44
05-29-2004, 07:44 PM
The only reason shops charge a lot is because they can....paintball isnt big enough for there to be multiple stores in every town therefore its a monopoly (in most cases). Online is the way to go...I think paintballgear.com has great service...so ya they have probably 100k orders per day (i d k u get my point a lot). So they screw up once or twice big deal, its worth it to save probably 50%. Thats my 2cents.

Paintcheck200
07-27-2004, 02:11 PM
The Action Village Sucky Saga Continues!

Ordered a JT slacker hat cuase only place I could find it. First I was sent an empire hat, then some other grey and yellow sh*t hat. Called em and vented, being refunded so pretty much thanks for wasting my fricken time AV ..

:mad:

They are 1/3 for me.... Dunno how anyone manages to get 12 good orders from them.

Blazestorm
07-27-2004, 02:35 PM
I'm starting to talk to my local shops more often, these guys are cutting me a break on paint, I'm getting it cheaper then online stores sell it :D

Support your Pro-Shop... just don't let them tech your guns :eek:

FallNAngel
07-27-2004, 03:23 PM
I haven't had a problem with AV... if I multi-part order and some aren't in stock, I'll just have them cancel those items and ship the rest. I can't expect them to hold part of the order and wait until the rest come in... it just isn't going to happen with a large business.

SlipknotX556
07-27-2004, 04:52 PM
I have never had any problems with 888paintball, or action village, they have always gotten my orders right, sometimes, they send me stuff, that I didnt order :). I guess I am just one of the lucky ones, havent had a problem with them.