PDA

View Full Version : a good deal on a motorcycle came up, should i take it?

CaptaiN_JacK
05-27-2004, 07:41 PM
i just got my motorcycle lisence, and i want to buy a good crusier for the summer (NOT a crotch rocket). both of my sisters work at the harley shop in town, so the owner offered a new 2004 sportster 883 custom for $6,500. nothing was or is wrong with it. im wondering if i should get that, or just settle for a yamaha v star classic. what do you guys think?

1stdeadeye
05-27-2004, 08:05 PM
I think you should not ride a Harley. You should ride a scooter. PM CPhil he'll sell you one cheap! :p

dj89
05-27-2004, 08:10 PM
:eek: 2004 Harley Davidson Sportser 883 Custom for $6,500 :eek:

taylor492
05-27-2004, 09:57 PM
First, master rational thoughts then move on to riding a motorcycle. :cool:

Jay's_Folly
05-27-2004, 10:59 PM
Definitely go for the Sporster. I've owned 4 bikes in my life and I still have 2 of them and they are both Harley's. That's a great price and if you want to sell it, you'll probably get all your money out of it if you sell it just before next summer (when people want to start riding again). Down in Texas you can pretty much ride all year long, but up there I'm guessing its not much fun in the winter. :rolleyes:

Get the Sporster, get in the wind, and go where the road takes you.

Be safe and have fun

Peace bro

MidnightRider
05-27-2004, 11:12 PM
Nuthin' beats a Harley...........................

For picken' up chicks. :cool:

Peace

MR

CaptaiN_JacK
05-28-2004, 01:37 PM
First, master rational thoughts then move on to riding a motorcycle. :cool:

pop quiz, was the title of my thread:

A) a good deal on a motorcycle came up, should i take it?

B) official post whore thread

but anyways i guess im going for the sportster, and if i want to sell it next summer im sure i can get at least what i paid for it.

punkncat
05-28-2004, 03:31 PM
Go Harley. You will not regret it.
I purchased one last year and have been amazed at how much I enjoy it. I have always ridden sport bikes and the change of pace was nice.
Loads of fun in the parking lot as well as on the road.