PDA

View Full Version : How to.....

coolcatpete
05-27-2004, 08:55 PM
OK so I am getting my cocker anoed next friday so I start disassembling it. I got the pneumatics and stiff but how the heck do I get the ram and valve out? More wuestions to come.
Pete

FallNAngel
05-27-2004, 09:00 PM
how do you get the ram and valve out?

The ram should unscrew from the frontblock... I believe a 7/16 wrench will fit it

The valve requires a valve tool to remove properly. In a pinch, you could use a long 3/16 allen wrench, but depending on the valve spring it may be quite a large pain to put back in. IMO, wait for the proper tool.

Torbo
05-27-2004, 09:02 PM
remove bolt.
remove cocking rod.
Remove back block.
remove IVG (the thing you adjust velocity with)
main spring will fall out
remove frame.
stick a 1/8'' allen key into the hole in the top of the body. turn it counterclockwise untill the hammer lug is retracted.
hammer will fall out
insert valve tool into the back of the gun, and use it to remove the jam nut. Remove the small set screw on the bottom of the body.
The valve should be free to be removed.

To get the ram off:
grab the base of it with a crecent wrench and twist till it comes off. Its threaded into the front block.

coolcatpete
05-27-2004, 09:39 PM
ok here is where I am stuck. I can not get the valve and everything out but I will figure that out later. I can not get the screw in the frontblack out (see picture.
Pete

Derman2k
05-27-2004, 09:57 PM
Thats probably loctited in there good. Use some heat to loosen it up a bit.

viperx1_1000
05-27-2004, 10:02 PM
yep, you can try all you like. I never got mine out, it's a nice spot for a gauge. After doing everything i could i gave up. If it doesn't move, don't try to move it.

soccer4minimags
05-27-2004, 11:31 PM
Okay, for the port plug you are going to need to put that front block in a vise. Any sort will work I used one of those weak B&D workmate vise and samwiched the block between two boards to not scratch it. Make sure you are using the largest allen key you can find. Larger meaning bigger handle, longer lenght. This gives you more torque. Some of those are loctited, some aren't its one of those things your going to have to muscle.

From the pic the back portion of your LPR is still in there. A good trick for that is find the proper socket wrench. yes socket wrench. Get the real deep one. Also lock down the front block in your vise, then use the socket to take that out, it will work like a charm. Just make sure its a deep one.

The valve, you need a valve tool. There really is no way around it. First you bring your lug all the way into the body because you have to pull out the hammer. Next take out your IVG and spring like normal. Then re insert your cocking rod and pull on the hammer, it should come out easily, if not your lug needs to be raised some more, be careful you can raise it to high then it will stick out the other side. Next you loosen the jam nut (under trigger frame). Then you insert the valve tool into the body and unscrew the valve guide and the rest just shakes out.

Hope this helps.

darwin
05-27-2004, 11:34 PM
This makes me wish i had a cocker to play with heh.

Destructo6
05-28-2004, 12:41 AM
The front block plug is often red loctited in place. Why, I don't know. Since you are taking it completely apart, just pop it in the oven at about 350° for a while, but only after getting it off the body and removing all the other stuff. The plug will then come out with little effort. It is a great place to put a gauge.

coolcatpete
05-28-2004, 08:56 AM
OK I am new to cockers how do I get the IVG out?
Pete

Derman2k
05-28-2004, 09:05 AM
Its the little brass thing that you adjust the velocity with. Just unscrew it and it will fall out.

RedBeard
05-28-2004, 10:06 AM
By the pics and your last post it seems your having problems getting the ivg out, and since I didn't see anyone else mention it I thought I would.
To get the ivg out, you need to take off the back block. First unscrew the cocking rod and remove it. At this point, the back block should be able to spin freely, just unscrew it from the pump arm and it will come off. If for some reason its loc-tited on there (or you just don't want to take it off, just rotate it so that it is out of the way.
Once that's done, just use an allen wrench to unscrew the ivg until it falls out.

Oh, another useful thing that people seem to forget to mention. If you are taking out the hammer, once you have the ivg out, it's helpful to screw the cocking rod back into the hammer. This will give you a way to move the hammer around so that you can line it up with the hole that you use to access the hammer lug (hope that made sense).

Acer12
05-28-2004, 02:30 PM
don't try to take the valve out with a allen wrench or you will **** your valve. you need to buy a valve tool. they are made for taking out the valve. Once again dont use an allen wrench!

coolcatpete
05-28-2004, 06:23 PM
ok guys I got it all out and it is ready to be sent in for an ano.
Pete

punkncat
05-28-2004, 07:14 PM
I really hope you were paying attention as you pulled that thing apart.
If not look on Ravi's site to learn how to reassemble and time it.
Good luck with the anno , look forward to some pics.

coolcatpete
05-28-2004, 07:46 PM
I really hope you were paying attention as you pulled that thing apart.
If not look on Ravi's site to learn how to reassemble and time it.
Good luck with the anno , look forward to some pics.
I am pretty sure I remember, but if I don't there are lots of people around me that can help. That is how I got the plug on the frontblock out.
Pete