PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable worth it? (on an X)

theraidenproject
05-27-2004, 11:09 PM
I have pretty much my dream set up now. Xmag, Scepter kit, Halo (and warp sometimes), all I really am missing is an adjustable tank. I'm wondering how much a difference it will actually make though, I only shoot in E mode (hybrid is full auto) so I'm shooting for an increase in efficiency. Will going from a ~850psi preset to a adjustable set at 600 make that much of a difference in shots per fill? I'm hoping not, so I can use that $100 for a warp breech and a blade trigger. Thanks.

Z-man
05-28-2004, 12:26 AM
The only problem you will have is that if you turn down your input pressure you might start starving the valve for air. In addition if you start shooting fast (say 16+bps) you will probably hear the valve sputter because its not getting the chamber refilled fast enough. If anything you would get the adjustable tank to RAISE the input pressure and enusure that the marker cycles crisp and clean even at high bps. It applies to E-mode, Hybrid Mode and Mech mode.

Chronobreak
05-28-2004, 10:28 AM
yes unles your getting an adj to turn UP the pressure then i wouldnt bother it wont increase anything but reactivity or decrease it hurting performance if u tun it below 750 or so