PDA

View Full Version : Travel gadgets: gotta have em!

kauai_paintball
05-28-2004, 04:07 AM
As you know, Im coming to california, and Im going to have an 6-8 hour plane ride not to mension countless hours in the car as we drive from monteray to sacremento to oakhurst etc etc. Any cool websites with travel gadets or cool luggage or whatever? I like stuff that hels make you comfortable and has lots of pockets and just any kind of gadjets.

ZapTheMad
05-28-2004, 04:39 AM
I think there is a way to hook a GPS system up to Microsoft Streets and Trips in a laptop,

Bolter
05-28-2004, 03:20 PM
http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/

:D :D :D :D

JimmyBeam
05-28-2004, 03:25 PM
bring DVDs with you

http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/63/13/51/85/0063135185172_500X500.jpg

Bolter
05-28-2004, 03:30 PM
hahahaha I just noticed you can buy a jet fighter!!

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/ZZL39JET_gadg.htm
:D

grw4w34
05-28-2004, 06:33 PM
only long drive will be monterey to sac. sac to oakhurst is only an hour or so. im guessing its a golf trip.

PyRo
05-29-2004, 08:16 AM
hahahaha I just noticed you can buy a jet fighter!!

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/ZZL39JET_gadg.htm
:D

"I use mine to annoy the French. How do you use yours?"

Nick, Cornwall

Muzikman
05-29-2004, 02:35 PM
There are only a few gadgets you need when traveling.

1. Laptop computer (nothing too fancy, but you do want a DVD drive).
- w/ auto/plane power adapter.
- Mapping software and waypoint managment software (this is so you can plot everywhere you have been).

2. Hand held GPS.
- w/ computer connector cable (so you can download your routes and waypoint. You can also use it as a nav system.).

3. Pocket sized digital camera.
- w/ small tripod.
- A means to download the pictures to the laptop.

4. Cell phone with unlimited Internet access (Ie. Sprint Vision)
- w/ computer connector cable.
- Car charger.

5. backpack style case that will hole all of this and also an external pouch for a bottle of water.

kauai_paintball
05-29-2004, 08:09 PM
I have a laptop with a cd burner and about 6,000 songs on it (dont ask) I might have to bring all the lotr movies, but Im talking about like cool stuff for a 6 hour plane ride, like travel games etc.

dwab3000
05-29-2004, 08:53 PM
bring as many pb mags you can get your grubby little hands on, then read them

next get an n-gauge....i got the first one and im on the list for the new

bring some paper, and some pens...you could draw your dream marker, or just write (ive written 3 or so unpublished books on planes and in the bathroom)

thats what id do, well what hasnt been listed

Bluestrike_2
05-29-2004, 09:04 PM
Oh for god's sake!:D

1) Buy Portable DVD Player (any model, JUST MAKE SURE IT'S GOOD)

2) Buy Movie Prefontaine and Without Limits

3) Watch each 2-3 times during plane trip.

4) Plane has to land somewhere else due to bad weather

5) Plug in to recharge batteries

6) Watch movies.

7) Repeat step 6.

8) Repeat some more

9) Watch in Taxi.

10) Go to sleep with soundtrack being played through your iPod.

There you go! Only things you really need....

i_baked_cookies
05-29-2004, 09:57 PM
lets say i had a flight that lasted 20 hours- this is all i would need

portable dvd player with lots of battery life
a copy of dumb and dumber, and a copy of half-baked
and, most importantly, 5 pounds of Mike and Ikes

peeko
05-29-2004, 10:51 PM
Noise cancelling headphones, essential when watching movies or listening to music.

kauai_paintball
05-29-2004, 11:04 PM
I was so bored last time i had a plane trip to the mainland, that I did a bunch of crap on the plane. first I taped a "jeff goldblum is watching you poop" sign into the first class lavatory, and then I used sticky notes and said that the "coconut fresh" soap was really camel semen, signed the staff of hawaiian airlines, and then I pretended to have the ebola virus and breather really heavy and coughed on the people in front of me, and spilled some water on the shin of my pantlegs and said that ebola was melting me (I had some classic expressions from the person next to me :p . then I pretended to be airsick through the whole flight, and I went to the second class lavatory, dumped my teriaki chicken, and rice into the barf bag, and went back to my seat. about 15 minutes later I started to convulge from the smell of the airplane food, and almost really did throw up, but I brought the barf bag up and blew air into it and then I picked it up, and said, man, I love these thins, as some of the teriaki sauce seeped through. I then preceded to eat my plane food out of the barf bag, sending the guy next to me to the lavatory. Because I had a window seat, I then got up and down alot, making th guy get up and down so I could get bye, and then I completely opened up my carry on and spread it contents under the seats, which took about a half an hour to get all the stuff back, making it very uncomfortable for th people around me, because I was under there feet getting stuff, and then I evacuated a bunch of rows so I could find my "ipod" that I never had. then I told the guy infront of me I would sue him for sexual harassment unless he put his seat up (it was never down :p ). I then got out my walkman, with those new earphones tht you can hear am ile away, and turned up 50 cent to the max volume, making the guy next to me flip his lid, so he moved to an adjacent seat. I then started ringing the bell thing that calls the flight attendants like a thousand times untill FINALLY one came and then I asked if we were there yet. then I did it a thousand more times and asked the same thing, and then I did it again except this time I asked for a glass of water, which I spilled on the flight attedats shirt because of "turbulence". You see, this is why i need games and stuff, I have a dvd player in my laptop.