PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Clare FanClub Thread

Miscue
05-28-2004, 12:21 PM
The thread is getting cut off, and posts after darwin are not visible. I've notified the mods/admins.

ETA for fix unknown - I realize this will be a problem for some of you, as this is the most important thread on all of AO... and perhaps the Internet. My apologies.

Cryer
05-28-2004, 01:47 PM
The thread is getting cut off, and posts after darwin are not visible. I've notified the mods/admins.

ETA for fix unknown - I realize this will be a problem for some of you, as this is the most important thread on all of AO... and perhaps the Internet. My apologies.
Its Darwins sig. I've noticed that in other threads too. Just check it for incomplete HTML tags.

Miscue
05-28-2004, 02:24 PM
Hurm. I removed his sig, no go. However, his message says "Nice" which is short of the minimum message length. But when I check the source, there are no characters after "Nice" which leads me to believe that he can submit those special invisible characters but VBB fails to parse them afterwards, and that's the hang up.

Cryer
05-28-2004, 02:24 PM
Found it:

<B>*POOF*</B>

He has this code (minus the *'s) in his sig... (or his post maybe, by the looks of it...) Thats what is causing the problem.

Perhaps you could edit that last post to see if its in there, or if its in his sig... If its in his sig, an email or PM should take care of it

Miscue
05-28-2004, 02:25 PM
Found it:

He has this code (minus the *'s) in his sig... (or his post maybe, by the looks of it...) Thats what is causing the problem.

Perhaps you could edit that last post to see if its in there, or if its in his sig... If its in his sig, an email or PM should take care of it

I noticed that too... dunno what that is, I completely blew out his sig. I can't edit his last post, it cuts off before the edit button. Trying to figure out an alternate approach.

Cryer
05-28-2004, 02:27 PM
I put him on my ignore list and it cleared everything up:)

Miscue
05-28-2004, 02:54 PM
I put him on my ignore list and it cleared everything up:)

Damn dude, we thought of the exact same things. That rogue tag is what caused it, it was in his post message - I asked for that to be fixed universally. Well anyway, I fixed it by editing a post by referencing the post number in URL.

Problem solved for now. Clare FanClub thread back online... the world rejoices!

Cryer
05-28-2004, 02:58 PM
Traxer can rest easy knowing that Super Miscue is guarding all that is good and likes hello kitty.

edit:

...<B>*POOF*</B>...
LOL! I was "poofed":p

Miscue
05-28-2004, 03:04 PM
Traxer can rest easy knowing that Super Miscue is guarding all that is good and likes hello kitty.

edit:

LOL! I was "poofed":p

Yes, we will all be able to sleep at night now!

I think you understand why the <B>*POOF*</B>... :p We don't need to open can of worms before the problem is resolved.

Clare
05-28-2004, 03:11 PM
My Heroes! :D

*big hug

RenagadeOfFunk
05-28-2004, 03:16 PM
...^^^ damn i got here too late...(no hugs for me :()

Miscue
05-28-2004, 03:17 PM

*big hug

A hug is no substitute for a bottle of hard liquor. <B>*Insert subtle hint here* </B>:p

Creative Mayhem
05-28-2004, 04:18 PM
A hug is no substitute for a bottle of hard liquor. <B>*Insert subtle hint here* </B>:p

How about Freeflow slushees? ;)

Oh wait... nix the Freeflow slushees... you've shown you CAN'T handel them!!! :p now where's that pic again? ;)

Miscue
05-28-2004, 04:54 PM
How about Freeflow slushees? ;)

Oh wait... nix the Freeflow slushees... you've shown you CAN'T handel them!!! :p now where's that pic again? ;)

Which reminds me, I was 95% sure that I wasn't going to IAO this year... but now it's at 60%. It would be Friday-Sunday basically, if I can show at all... and can get someone to trade days off with me. More freeflow juice justifies the entire trip.

Cryer
05-28-2004, 05:21 PM

*big hug
Aw, 'twernt nothin, Ma'am...

/me tips hat
[/John Wayne]

:p

TraXeR
05-28-2004, 07:01 PM

I had a feeling someone would bring up my name :D .

Quite the image I've made of myself lol!! I just hope Clare herself isn't annoyed at this whole AO stalker joke thing.

Miscue/Cryer, can one of you PM me an example of the html coding he/she used for his/her sig. I'd like to know what they did to actually make a forum page get 'cut'.

Miscue
05-29-2004, 01:29 AM
I had a feeling someone would bring up my name :D .

Quite the image I've made of myself lol!! I just hope Clare herself isn't annoyed at this whole AO stalker joke thing.

Miscue/Cryer, can one of you PM me an example of the html coding he/she used for his/her sig. I'd like to know what they did to actually make a forum page get 'cut'.

Nope... we won't show you.

TraXeR
05-29-2004, 07:28 AM
Nope... we won't show you.

Yeah, the 2nd side of how I could use the coding came to mind about 3 minutes after I made that post. I guess it's for the best too. Thanks.

Ah well, Viva La Clare Fan Club Thread! :D