PDA

View Full Version : E-mag electronics problem

NJPaint
05-28-2004, 05:02 PM
Okay, here is the situation. This is a ULE E-mag with 1.37 software.

No air source attached, the gun functions perfectly. The board lights up right and shoots fine. However, when I attach an air source, I can fire 3-4 shots and then the board dies. No shooting, no blinking red dot on the LED. It doesn't respond until I put my yellow pin back in and remove it again and it works for 3-4 more shots and then it shuts off. Mech mode works fine and the valve is relatively tuned.

RRfireblade
05-28-2004, 06:20 PM
What's the battery voltage before and after it dies?

Does the soleniod heat up?

flyinasian016
05-28-2004, 09:54 PM
Charge the Battery....

NJPaint
05-29-2004, 08:38 AM
Battery is fully charged and the solenoid does not heat up. I ran out of air to test with, gonna have to work on it when I get to PBX Sunday :(.

flyinasian016
05-29-2004, 09:19 AM
Could it be possible that the battery screw is backing out during those 3-4 shots?

NJPaint
05-29-2004, 09:31 AM
No, I tightend it with an allen key and the ground screw is securely fassend.

athomas
05-29-2004, 09:45 AM
There could be a bad connection somewhere. The vibration from shooting may cause the loss of current flow. Clean the hole and tighten the screw that holds the circuit board in the grip frame. Make sure the battery connections (tabs) are fully extended so they hold enough tension when the battery is placed on the front of the emag. Check all the electrical connections.

RRfireblade
05-30-2004, 09:57 AM
You need the monitor batt voltage with a meter and see if remains constant throughout. It may no longer be capable of supplying the neccessary current to feed the 'niod regardless of indicated voltage.

If that checks out good,then I would suspect the soleniod.As it goes bad it will often draw excess current and when triggered will 'shock' the board into requiring a re-boot.(turn it on/off)

My 'guess' is a bad or nearly bad soleniod.

NJPaint
05-30-2004, 04:25 PM
Tried it with Dayspring's battery today and the same problem occured. I guess I'll ship it back to AGD, its hard to play GPL with just mech mode.

Lessthanusual
05-31-2004, 08:57 PM
I have the same version of software, and I had the same problem. For me, the problem that you described occurred when I started to mess with the trigger possition. A friend observed that I could adjust it to get a 1mm trigger pull.

So, I started to mess with the screw for the E-mode selector and got it that close. The only problem is that it would cause the screen to scramble and not fire again. Backing the screw out and the gun would work fine.

I finally got it to about 2mm after reseating the hall effect sensor and the magnet that activates it.

So, my question is:

Did the hall effect magnet start moving?

Hope I catch you before you ship it off.