PDA

View Full Version : Automags

wave_otte
05-29-2004, 12:39 AM
What makes an automag different from the other guns? do they fire farther? why do i want one. please dont say things like: its way better!, it looks cool, and like just get it.

GT
05-29-2004, 12:45 AM
why do i want one.

:confused:

Becuse the guy that invented the automag will probally answer your post.

Prezents
05-29-2004, 12:51 AM
Reasons that I love my mags
1) I can count on my mags all the time!!!
2) I can rebuild then, and be ready for the next game.
3) user friendly :o
4) Upgrades upgrades upgrades

Buying a mag is a good start. You have one of the best markers with the best support staff on line and by phone that will walk you through almost anything.
A great Forum that you will find the creator of the Automag posting on (AGD)

I will stop here. I am sure others will post as well.
Welcome the "Family" of Automag owners :D

shivors
05-29-2004, 01:16 AM
Becuse the guy that invented the automag will probally answer your post.

Can I get an AMEN!?!?!?

ZapTheMad
05-29-2004, 02:50 AM
Nobody said Level 10 yet. Real men don't need batteries! :cool:

Blazestorm
05-29-2004, 03:14 AM
Simple
Level 10
Greatest Customer Service Evah
Constant Updates
99% of Upgrades made by the same company

Sad part is... I own a cocker :D

But for a backup I plan on getting an XRTP :cool:

Carbon
05-29-2004, 03:25 AM
What makes an automag different from the other guns? do they fire farther? why do i want one. please dont say things like: its way better!, it looks cool, and like just get it.

Welcome to AO squid!

Why i like my mag.

-Fast enough for me
-With the Level 10 bolt (LX) when set, it will very, very,very,very rarely chop paint.
-Simple: the mechanics and operating principles of an automag are relatively simple.
-Easy to work on and diagnose
-upgradeable
-Reliable, this is an understement btw.
-Excellent community support.
-AO & AO days
-good value for what you pay for
-

What makes an automag different from the other guns?well, it is the fastest mechanical gun you can fire, with the right setup. It is a blow forward operation. In this case that means the gas used to move the bolt forward is the same gas that propels the paintball. It has an intergrated regulator.

do they fire farther?
All paintball guns shooting at the same speed will shoot the same distance. This is non debatable physics and logic. Anyone that cliams x gun shoots farther than y gun is either full of crap or shooting hot.

why do i want one well, you can answere that yourself, try one out and see if you like it.

Fanatic
05-29-2004, 03:54 AM
tell em we use knomes!!
er...gremlins..um or is it dwarves....i forget
but they're cute, short and funny looking like uncle phil
they make mag shoot faster, straighter and chicks dig em

AGD
05-29-2004, 04:18 AM
Did someone call me?

You should go to each gun manufacturers forum or call them up. Ask the OWNER of the company why his gun is better. When you get your answers come back here and tell us what they said.

You should buy my gun because I have 5000 posts that say I care.

AGD

Blazestorm
05-29-2004, 04:32 AM
Actually only 4950

Silly Tom!

(Don't post whore!)

I'll buy another mag one of these days ;) I've owned like 5 :cool:

GT
05-29-2004, 09:31 AM

AGD

Simply awsome...... :)

slade
05-29-2004, 09:55 AM
All paintball guns shooting at the same speed will shoot the same distance. This is non debatable physics and logic. Anyone that cliams x gun shoots farther than y gun is either full of crap or shooting hot.

good job on your post :)

but theres one thing you forgot, which is spin. putting backspin on the ball will create lift, the same way that a wing works. its called the coanda effect. tippmann flatlines, the flatline autococker, and the galactic z body for a mag use this. but disregarding spin, as most markers dont utilize it, all markers will shoot the same distance, as muzzle velocity is regulated by the field.

http://www.northarc.com/~tinker/flatline.html
http://humane.sourceforge.net/published/coanda_effect.html

shivors
05-29-2004, 10:04 AM
You should go to each gun manufacturers forum or call them up. Ask the OWNER of the company why his gun is better. When you get your answers come back here and tell us what they said.

I wanted too but I didnt wan't to pay long distance to Taiwan. :confused:

slade
05-29-2004, 10:24 AM

if theyre located in Taiwan, it means that they are more concerned with low production costs than with satisfied customers. even more of a reason to buy from AGD. (not saying their products are necessarily bad, but...)

Beemer
05-29-2004, 10:28 AM
You should buy my gun because I have 5000 posts that say I care.AGD

But all I always hear is "Nobody Cares" I knew you werent one of those
Nobodys.

wave_otte
05-29-2004, 10:42 AM
Thanks guys, but i have one more question. When i said do they shoot farther, i meant do they shoot a straight line of paint, or do they lob? Completely different questions lol.
If u guys can find a video with a guy shooting a plain automag that would really convince me to get the gun, hands down. unless i think the gun sucks.

Lohman446
05-29-2004, 10:43 AM
First lets get rid of all the hype surrounding markers:

A) Low pressure: What is the purpose of low pressure and who cares? Ok, let me rephrase this, you can shoot further into a bottle (or so Im told). The fields I play at have all day air, and with high pressure air systems does it matter if you fill up more often.
B) Efficiency: To some degree I consider this hype, if you can shoot through your pack and hopper who cares if you refill between games. Just for the record, mags don't have incredible efficiency if you are concerned with it but there are worse markers out there.
C) 1 million cycles per second: :rolleyes: Without using cheater modes it is highly unlikey that you are going to get much over 20 balls per second. Most high end markers will attain 20 balls per second. For the record the mag has been tested, with paint and air, to close to thirty full pressure shots (meaning they were firing as the first shot did, without drop off).

We need to look at the function of the marker now

Will it shoot as fast as I do?
I beleive that most high end marker will shoot as fast as you are capable of pulling the trigger. As stated above the RTP ULE Pro will definetly do this.

Weight - within reason
We are reaching a point in weight where we are going to start seeing trade offs. If you get too light the moving parts inside a marker will cause recoil and effect your accuracy. Weight is hype too though, as long as a marker is reasonably balanced and of a reasonable weight it should be ok. For the record, mags with aluminum bodies are pretty light.

Is it reliable?
Once you have the level ten tuned into your marker you will likely go days, weeks, and months without having to adjust it. The electronics of the E-mag are great and the mechanics of a mechanical mag are simple to understand and overbuilt. I beleive that mags are one of the most reliable markers out of the box you can have.

Is it easy to use?
Want to adjust speed, put the level ten spring in correct for the speed you are shooting at, turn the marker below your goal, and fire ten shots. Now start chronoing, adjust upward until there, turn wrench in one direction, hotter, other direction, slower. Simple and done.

Availability of aftermarket parts?
This is the great thing about mags - the upgrades that are worth buying come from AGD. Order a ULE RT Pro and your set. $535 fully set up and ready to rip. No need to buy an LPR, a new bolt, a new whatever. The switch to cocker threaded barrels makes it easy to find barrels for too.

Overall the mag is a great choice of markers. Easy to maintain, simple to use, and reliable. Not to mention it is made in the US by a company that has morals.

shivors
05-29-2004, 10:47 AM
if theyre located in Taiwan, it means that they are more concerned with low production costs than with satisfied customers. even more of a reason to buy from AGD. (not saying their products are necessarily bad, but...)

Um...bro....it was a joke. We all know that Kingman isnt the best manufacturer. But their markers are simple and I pay 200.00 for a 12-13bps marker that is reliable.

OysterBoy
05-29-2004, 10:54 AM
Hopefully tommorow I can get a vid of my classic mag shooting, cool?

I like mags because:

Reliable
Simple
Small / Tight Profile
AGD
Upgradeability (And Downgradeability, every mag piece works on any mag)
Innovative Upgrades (hAir trigger.. :))

What DONT I like?
Fairly expensive
Inefficient

Thats it.

Carbon
05-29-2004, 04:36 PM
Thanks guys, but i have one more question. When i said do they shoot farther, i meant do they shoot a straight line of paint, or do they lob? Completely different questions lol.
If u guys can find a video with a guy shooting a plain automag that would really convince me to get the gun, hands down. unless i think the gun sucks.

all paintball guns lob, as all oject on earth fall to the ground at at an even rate. unless you own a flatline, i which case the balls will loft a bit further. belive it or not, when you fire a painball gun from a level postion and drop a paintball on the ground from the same level, they will touch the ground at the same time.

but theres one thing you forgot, which is spin. putting backspin on the ball will create lift, the same way that a wing works. its called the coanda effect. tippmann flatlines, the flatline autococker, and the galactic z body for a mag use this. but disregarding spin, as most markers dont utilize it, all markers will shoot the same distance, as muzzle velocity is regulated by the field.

Damn i knew i forgot something. its the "flatline exception".

) Low pressure: What is the purpose of low pressure and who cares? Ok, let me rephrase this, you can shoot further into a bottle (or so Im told). The fields I play at have all day air, and with high pressure air systems does it matter if you fill up more often.

In imho lower presure guns shoot "smother" but of course that is all subjective.

Blazestorm
05-29-2004, 10:36 PM
Not taking into consideration the spin that different guns have on the balls.

So your statement about how they'll fall to the ground at the same time.. is false.

Some bolts are designed to put a backspin on the ball (slight one) which will allow a bit more range. Closed bolt DOES make a difference, they do have a flatter trajectory because the ball is at rest before the air is shot at it, while with an open bolt the ball is moving while it gets shot with air, which means different trajectory.

Cockers shoot better =P

But I'm still going to get a Mag

And a Phantom... just because I like to be the guy that everyone's like WTF why did you spend 2000 dollars on semi's and pumps, you could own a pimp alias and yah. A.) My phantom causes me to aim before I shoot, meaning I'm going to have a more accurate shot, plus plantoms are already super consistent and accurate. The mag (with hAir trigger) will easily be shooting 20bps with LVL10, and my Revenge is just gonna be flat-out sick.

So in conclusion... I win :eek:

wave_otte
05-30-2004, 12:29 AM
thanks you guys for all the help i think i made my decsion.

Carbon
05-30-2004, 12:36 AM
Not taking into consideration the spin that different guns have on the balls.no i did not take "spin" from the differnt guns in to account. From what i understand spin comes from the barrel, as it is the last part o fthe gun that touches the paintball.

Some bolts are designed to put a backspin on the ball (slight one) which will allow a bit more range. Backspin bolts are gimmicks. A gun shooting at the same fps will travel the same distance with the exception of flatline. Untill i see empirical evidence that there are bolts that do this, i wont commit to saying it is true.

Closed bolt DOES make a difference, they do have a flatter trajectory because the ball is at rest before the air is shot at it, while with an open bolt the ball is moving while it gets shot with air, which means different trajectory. Prove it. Flatter trajectory indicates the gun shooting faster, becasue it is traveling a greater distance per second. exception, flatline barrels. Coincedentaly, you can tune/time a cocker in such a way the trigger pull affects velocity.

So your statement about how they'll fall to the ground at the same time.. is false.Barring air resitance, that is not true, all things, fall at an accelerated to the earth at appx. 8.5 meters/second/second. Unless there is loft added to the paintball, wether through backpspin or shot at an upward angle the paintballs should land at the same time. Undeniable physics.

dj89
12-18-2004, 07:31 PM
Historic Post?

REDRT
12-18-2004, 11:56 PM
I brought my brother on board this last season to the automag family. He won't use anything else now and for good reasons.
1. Reliable
2. simple to maintain and upgrade
3. consistant
4. costomer service is top notch
5. affordable

My friends like the other brands. When they go down they always turn to me for the the use of my emag.

Mags in my opinion are a little like the B.A.R of WWII or the M60s that we have today. They get the job done, period.

JoshK
12-19-2004, 12:15 AM
Historic Post?

Im just wondering....your point is....?!?!?!

dj89
12-19-2004, 12:18 AM
Did someone call me?

AGD

Becase it tells you why people buy mags.

JoshK
12-19-2004, 12:19 AM
Im just wondering....your point is....?!?!?!

again....why?

MonsterMag
12-19-2004, 12:24 AM
We buy automags because we desire a long last, durable, fast , low maitnence, High quility marker ;) http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/thumb.gif

The qestion is like ,

Why is the sky blue?
Why is the grass green?
Why is dirt brown?

:clap: It just is :clap:

Wassupstranger67
12-19-2004, 12:28 AM
I like mags because I think there quieter and all the above. :D

JoshK
12-19-2004, 12:30 AM
The sky is blue because of the suns light rays being seperated into blue by the gasses in our atmospere (im pretty sure its something along those lines :D )

Grass is green cause the certain part of the cells that make its energy (forgot the name)

Dirt is brown cause of rotting elves...

RtDaNiMaL
12-20-2004, 04:38 PM
Grass is green cause the certain part of the cells that make its energy (forgot the name)

Clorophyll

hehe

DaNiMaL

REDRT
12-20-2004, 04:59 PM
I thought the sky is blue do to the reflection light off the oceans.

Mr. Mouse
12-20-2004, 05:37 PM
i shoot a shocker but i have a e-mag (but its my dads) and another mag im workin on there awesome guns ill probabley start using my mag more if the hAir trigger comes out, but there easy to fix, people take time out of there day to make custom things for people that own automags like Rougefactor, lots of cool colors, shoot straight ( along with my shocker), and can be decently fast if you tune it right, there 100% durable too what other gun can you fully submerge underwater and shoot?(not including the emag) and everyones willing to help you if your guns broken, its just a great gun overall. :clap: :clap: :clap:

REDRT
12-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Well my brother and I were left playing one on one this last year do to a bad rain. Are teammates electronic guns stared to not work immediately. Our emags played all day in the mud and rain without a hitch. Electronics don't like water and I would recommend this to anyone (prob lucky), but the mags just played on. Awesome guns!

68bird
12-20-2004, 06:31 PM
why when i go to a field there is barly any mag except team voodoo. who lives in tucson that haves a mag if so why arnt u playing?

slade
12-20-2004, 06:57 PM
I thought the sky is blue do to the reflection light off the oceans.
*smack* please tell me that was a joke...
oceans are blue due to reflections of the sky!!!

and e-mags cannot be fired underwater, mech mags can. and btw vikings and some other markers can be too, ive heard even mech cockers and dm4s can be submerged in water and still fire.

dj89
12-20-2004, 06:59 PM
dm4s can be submerged in water and still fire.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

slade
12-20-2004, 07:02 PM
^^^ never seen it done, but thats what ive heard.

dj89
12-20-2004, 07:03 PM
Sorry but thats like tellin' me that it only has 5 orings ;)

slade
12-20-2004, 07:16 PM
Sorry but thats like tellin' me that it only has 5 orings ;)
lol... have you seen someone screw up their gun trying it?

dj89
12-20-2004, 07:23 PM
Ya there were playin' and it started raining'. He had to stop playing because he almost fired his board. The only thing I was thinking bout about was my ss mag and lighting. ;)

WARPED1
12-21-2004, 03:13 PM
Automags are blow forward, most guns are blowback design. NO paintball gun set at the same velocity will fire farther. Except any system that puts a backspin on the ball(Zbodies, Tippmann Flatline).
Another reason, is reliability. Mags hardly ever go down. But if it goes down it is usually user error and easily fixed. The customer service at AGD is second to none, and yes, Tom Kaye(Automag inventor) posts here fairly frequently.

If you mean Kingman, Kingman itself isn't in Taiwan, the guns are just made there.