PDA

View Full Version : Are those cheap 20$ chrono's any good for home use?

PowerFedMag
10-09-2001, 06:20 PM
meh buds n' mehself were planning on getting a chrono, but which one mates?

:cool:

DarkPhoenix
10-09-2001, 06:22 PM
I have no experience with the VLocity, a chrono which mounts on the barrel, but I have been told by very reliable sources that it is very inaccurate. I prefer using the Radarchron, more expensive but more reliable, too. You get what you pay for!

I assume you were talking about the VLocity, right?

-Jôker-
10-09-2001, 06:29 PM
in the new APG they tested them and compare the radar chrono (the lil yellow hand held) the Vlocity (by viewloder) against a big radar chrono the yellow hand held was like a few fps off each time the vlocuity got a little bad

PowerFedMag
10-09-2001, 06:34 PM
I just want a good one, or a cheap good one, recommendations are accepted happily!:)

As long as it isn't hugly off, I can deal, but those $80 ones are a wee bit pricey

:cool:

Army
10-09-2001, 06:48 PM
Yes, but it is dependant on what caliber your house is, and how fast you can launch it. Where did you find that big of barrel anyway?

:D :cool:

Mr. -RushY-
10-09-2001, 07:09 PM
lmao @ army being a SwellFella.com Lol but a funny and wondefully talented guy who knows better than to try to get around the cuss filters!:cool:

tooslow
10-09-2001, 07:45 PM
I've gone through 2 VLocity Chronos in the last 6 months. We were using them in store to chrono customers guns. As far as accuracy, they are really not too bad. When compared to our radar chrony, the VLocity was usually within a few fps. BUT, the problem is they break balls like crazy, and then you cant get a reading. So you have to take it off your gun, clean it out, put it back on your gun, and then try to take a couple more shots, adjust your gun, take another shot, break a ball and do it all over again. Kind of a pain in the ham, but they do work. One last note, they dont like to be dropped on the floor. That's how we lost both of ours. After they were dropprd, the just lept reading "error".....

MajorDamage
10-09-2001, 08:21 PM
Thats B.E. for ya!

ENDO!

joeyjoe367
10-09-2001, 09:33 PM
Back when a few buddies of mine were playin' outlaw, we grabbed a VLocity Chronograph, and for it's price, I'd say that it was a pretty good deal.

I haven't compared it to a good Radar Chronograph, but it seems ok..

As for the breaking balls... I never had a problem w/it.. I shot about 140 rnds through it the other day helpin' a friend fix his 'gun. Even with a bad anti-siphon tank that was supercharging the 'gun to about 400-450 fps, it didn't break any balls.

Yes, I did fix the 'gun(or more specifically, used a differant tank) and it is now shooting safely in the area of 270-280 :)

gadget68
10-10-2001, 04:26 AM
I have a VL chrony that I am willing to part with. Nothing is wrong with it, I just bought a handheld radar chrono. I was getting tired of screwing it on all my friends barrels to have their guns tested. I am willing to part with it for 30.00. I bought it new for $60. I live in Alaska and the only store near me that sells paintball gear, jacks their prices up drastically. In great shape - like new. Email me if interested.

StevoC
10-10-2001, 08:12 AM
I have a crony from shooting crony that works pretty good. I got it from SKANLINE and it was around 80.00. Below is a link.

http://www.skanline.com/productspb/chronographs/Chronographs_PB.html

Hope this helps..

Temo Vryce
10-10-2001, 08:57 AM
The Field I play uses the little yellow hand held Chonys and they work great. The trick with them is to hold them the same distance from the end of the barrel and at the same to the barrel. I keep meaning to make a jig to put it in to keep the angle consistant but I haven't gotten arround to it yet. Like it was said earlier they are a good investment for the price.