PDA

View Full Version : first day playing with my sniperII

zacbot
05-29-2004, 06:49 PM
ah..*shakes head*..i got annilatied today..haha..other than running faster and shooting more accurately..anybody got any tips or pointers..it has helped me figure out my problems..like i rely to much on shooting paint..heh..and im slow..but i already knew this stuff..any help would be greatly appreciated

mag-hatter
05-29-2004, 06:55 PM
thats easy, put an eblade and front block on it hahahahah. beyond that, just learn how to use your team mates better. if some dude has a crazy fast gun, stick with him so while he's laying the paint down you can advance and bunker the fool thats getting his parade rained upon :)

zacbot
05-29-2004, 06:56 PM
heh..alright..i mean i did mostly play 1 on 1s and 2 on 2s..so eh..all i can say is my shoulders and my head got rocked today..haha

nt2004
05-29-2004, 07:10 PM
heh..alright..i mean i did mostly play 1 on 1s and 2 on 2s..so eh..all i can say is my shoulders and my head got rocked today..haha
thats probably why :D Play bigger games. I personally cant stand 1v1's because whoever moves faster and fires more will win it.

zacbot
05-29-2004, 07:12 PM
i just like them cuz there is always constant pressure on you..i think it makes me better..but its not showing..haha..if i wasnt so cheap..i could just bought some paint and used my mag..but eh..what fun si that..haha

Lee
05-29-2004, 07:44 PM
played with mine today too...as well as my mag and bushy, but mostly the vert sniper i just finished building.

and yes...i ruled! :D

anyhoo....practice snap shooting and make sure your paint to barrel match is good. also be aggressive. people tend to freak when they get run through by a guy with a pump. it may not help you that game, but it'll make 'em think twice the next one.

keep up the one on one's. you're right about the pressure. it helps you learn to think and remain calm under duress. also, pick out the two wekaest players and take them on lol. it'll give you a boost and make people think twice.

lean towards defensive play for awhile until you develope your skills more. that will cause your opponents to move and expose themselves.
learn to lead your targets effectively also.

a good deal of pump play is psychological. out think the other guys and allow them to defeat themselves.

soccer4minimags
05-29-2004, 07:47 PM
Rule number one, learn how to aim.

when I play with my pump ( a 2k2 with chippley pump kit) I won't shoot much early in the match. This gives people a chance to forget about you. I sprint to a mid bunker, maybe a wuarter of the way up the field, not quite to the 50. I then just lay low and scope out where people are while every one else is hammering away. Then I typically move around between different bunkers shooting little if any at all until they don't know where I am. I move until I have angles on them and I just let them have it.

bascially its key to watch for their mistakes. they will get sloppy, or forget about you. then you have to be ready to take advantage of the situation. You'd be surprised how much people slip up. I find I get a lot more close eliminations with my pump. It gets pretty hairy, but hey thats what its about.

Also you can play with them. My pump is quiet enough with all the semis you can't really hear it at all. For some reason it is much quiter than my regualr cocker. So if somebody knows where I am at I will tend to fake snap shoot. They just think I missed, then they will do something stupid and expose too much or try and bunker me, well guess what I still have one chambered and I will put it in your chest, guaranteed if you try and run on me.

Also practice pumping. that will help. Build up some speed, just prcatice pumping and snap shooting as fast as you can at like a milk jug or water jug or old paint box.

Digits
05-29-2004, 07:48 PM
that was deep man.. lol..

I got an idea though.. Use a faster gun :)

I personally cant aim worth a crap.. I try to, but i'm never right on target.. So basically i start up a stream and move it where I want it.. Works wonders :)

TheDuelist
05-29-2004, 08:57 PM
I can attest to Lee's skill. He is fun to play against. I am looking forward to playing some 1v1 when my pump project is ready. It might be awhile and my hair will be as grey as his but it will happen.