PDA

View Full Version : How long do you think anodizing should take?

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-30-2004, 01:25 AM
The reason behind this poll is that, I sent my e-mag off to ano with whitewolf about 11 weeks ago. I understood the no timeframes policy he has posted on his site and that he will do it when he "gets around to it". I could have in no way imagined an 11+ week wait time. I dont know how much time left or even if he has started because he doesnt seem to respond to my e-mails (last 3 sent were unanswerd) I know whitewolf is a good guy and he is very talented, which is why I choose to go with him, but really should he even offer ano if its gonna take this long? mabey im just depressed that my baby has been gone for so long and im ranting but what do yall think?

Digits
05-30-2004, 01:35 AM
why would you call him a nice guy if hes not responding to your e-mails..

Don't be so moddest.. Unless he's on vacation or something, he has no valid reason to not respond to e-mails.

shivors
05-30-2004, 01:40 AM
You are by far more trusting that I am bro. No way I could send of my marker with "no time frame" of return...and my marker is a cheapy.

05-30-2004, 03:05 AM
The reason behind this poll is that, I sent my e-mag off to ano with whitewolf about 11 weeks ago. I understood the no timeframes policy he has posted on his site and that he will do it when he "gets around to it". I could have in no way imagined an 11+ week wait time. I dont know how much time left or even if he has started because he doesnt seem to respond to my e-mails (last 3 sent were unanswerd) I know whitewolf is a good guy and he is very talented, which is why I choose to go with him, but really should he even offer ano if its gonna take this long? mabey im just depressed that my baby has been gone for so long and im ranting but what do yall think?

Remember, I wait for my Highlander for 4 months...!!!

Shykicker
05-30-2004, 07:00 AM
Well, with all respect, WhiteWolf has been very specific that he can do things cheaper at the risk of an extremely long time frame. I understand that his work is fairly high-quality, and I can only imagine how back-ordered he must get.

My own personal suggestion to him would be this: Stop accepting work once you're a few months backlogged. Might as well let people use their markers instead of sending them away to collect dust.

WW seems like a nice guy, if a bit on the pessimistic side, where customers are concerned, and a little secretive about his identity. (no name to be found anywhere on his site.) Which is... his business. *shrug*

edit: On further inspection, even his domain name WHOIS returns only J White as his name. I think I have a faint idea why he might be so secrative on his name.

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-30-2004, 10:21 AM
his name is joe..

splat15k
05-30-2004, 10:42 AM
he hasn't answered my emails either...

frischtr
05-30-2004, 11:19 AM
still waiting on mine as well... 9 weeks and counting... hasn't answered my emails as well, but I know he's there, since his website was just updated on the 27th of this month...

Blazestorm
05-30-2004, 11:24 AM
He's a cool guy, took about 4 weeks to do some drilling/tapping on my emag frame (stripped the holes out) and polished up my SS body nice and smooth.

Just wait it out. Remember you have 3 choices, but you can only pick 2... Price, Quality, Speed.

You can have price and speed, but it'll suck quality wise.
You can have price and quality, but it'll take a long time
You can have quality and speed, but it'll be expensive.

I chose price and quality, took 4-6 weeks, meh I was happy =)

RRfireblade
05-30-2004, 11:39 AM
I can only say that if he states he will get to it whenever he can get to it.........your in for a Loooooooooong wait with NO 'expected' turn around. Personally I would never have gone along with that but you have and now seem to be SOL.

Sorry,I wish there was more you could do.

Cryer
05-30-2004, 11:46 AM
From his website's main page:

Quick notes:
1. Don't IM me and expect a response, the Computer is on but I'm seldom at it email me with any questions.
2. Allow email from AOL users, its the account I respond from. several people have blocked AOL users and have not been getting my email.
3. DO NOT EMAIL ME about when an ano job will be done, I say NO TIMEFRAMES for a reason. If you wanted fast you should have paid the 200$ for single color ano other companies charge.

EDIT- Another quote:

I no longer bother with time estimates, if something needs to be done is a specific amount of time I suggest any of the other anodizers. Time frames have been too much of a hassle. I wanted to have the lowest prices and best quality, for me to offer that I have to some times hold items until I can get a batch going, or send multiple guns to get better pricing. If I don't have the flexibility with time frame I have to raise my prices to the very high levels other shops charge. I've chosen low prices, they chose quick turn around. You make the ultimate call.

How did you want it anoed? Since he does it in batches, timeframe likely depens alot on how common your ano scheme is...

Just wait it out. From the samples I've seen, he does a great job, but I understand he's very busy...

:o

Flow_Tech
05-30-2004, 12:02 PM
yea,if you got an elaborate ano,such as graphic,or a fade,or acid,it will take a while,or if its in a batch,since most batchs consist of 100+ guns,amidst other things non PB related.

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-30-2004, 12:53 PM
i just got a red base with platinum splashes

CrimsonGhost
05-30-2004, 01:37 PM
Wich is beyond a single color...so He will have to wait for a bunch of folks willing to get that exact same ano ...besides yours....this could take a looooong time..splash isnt the hot new color scheme right now so not alot of folks will want that on thier marker. Batch ano counts on large #s of people doing the same ano ...they break the cost up between the people...the more heads...the less $$$.
I have sent my SFL e/x mag in over 4 weeks ago ...I ordered a custom ano (pus yellow to infected green acid ) ...I have NO expecatations that Ill see the marker before Sept-Nov...Why ? I know how WW works ...and Im willing to wait so I dont have to pay an extra $200 + that other shops will charge.
I always tell folks that if you only own one marker...dont send it in to get ano work done by WW. You will be without a marker awhile.
I think WW has given MORE than fair warning about how long youll have to wait...if you dont have a full understanding of what NO TIME FRAMES could mean...Id say dont use WW.
Me ...Ill always use WW for my ano work...He gets the job done usualy way beyond what I expect...and its WELL BEYOND what I expected for the money.
Heck you cant even get a decent marker tune up for less than $30 anymore if your Joe Average baller...so $40 for an ano job is a steal.

dansim
05-30-2004, 05:17 PM
dude get hime to send it back 11weeks is totally unacceptable

TeamNausea
05-30-2004, 05:22 PM
Dansim read the dang webpage then rethink your post...

Dante's Inferno
05-30-2004, 05:27 PM
For the prices he charges, you should be happy with a 20 week turn-around time. He is incredibly cheap, especially compared to some professional companies. Be happy.

Thermus
05-30-2004, 05:49 PM
If you order from there, get something basic. If you get a tri fade yellow-purple-acidwash red its going to take forever.

evan123
05-30-2004, 11:12 PM
Dude you must have shipped it out right after texball? Damn thats a lot of no playing.

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-30-2004, 11:28 PM
yep... shipped it way back in march... i dont think a 2 color splash job is THAT difficult i mean it could be fade and splash or something.

Thermus
05-30-2004, 11:31 PM
Its not the type of job, its the amount of guns he gets that need the same ano. He could get only 1 request for a yellow single color for 8 months and still not do it because he only does bulk annos to save money, and charge less.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
05-31-2004, 01:58 AM
anodizing should take 1 week if you shell out enough money.
11 weeks, well then you have a very big problem. Either they accidently melted away the aluminum or they anodized ur gun the wrong color...and there have been cases when anodizing companies make your markers magically disappear :)

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-31-2004, 02:19 AM
anodizing should take 1 week if you shell out enough money.
11 weeks, well then you have a very big problem. Either they accidently melted away the aluminum or they anodized ur gun the wrong color...and there have been cases when anodizing companies make your markers magically disappear :)

well i really hope he didnt make my gun "disapear" i just hope it gets done soon...

TheDuelist
05-31-2004, 11:13 AM
I shipped a matrix to him once for a simple two color fade he was doing a batch deal on. After 3 months of no contact he finally told me my marker was ready except for a few pieces that needed to be done again. I figured that was cool, he was making sure everything was right. After another month I heard nothing until finally he returned my Matrix with only a single color on it and missing parts. This is after he told me the marker was complete except for a few pieces. So not only did he lie he lost parts.

I have heard both good and bad things about him on several sites. All I can say is good luck. My personal experience was all bad.

On the flip side I sent my EMag to A+Annodizing on a Thursday and got it back the next Friday and everything looked amazing. Check it out here http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5895&page=45&pp=30

I sold it recently and I am currently in the process of building another.

Magglerock
05-31-2004, 11:20 AM
for me in a thread I started looking for a machinist. Guess I won't be taking him up on that offer.

Chronobreak
05-31-2004, 11:24 AM
wolf has no dates for a reason he gets things back as soon as the annodizers give it to him its not like he has it sitting in a shop and is alughing about u

DUELIST that hjappened a long time ago LET IT GO u dont need to post that bs everytime u hear whitewolfs name.

youl have your marker when he has it so until then i think this thread should be deleted...................

Nitroduck
05-31-2004, 11:30 AM
Well , i heard the white wolf guy is a child molester and that's why his stuff takes so long due to the court process.

J/k , Jim's a good guy , he tells everyone that the stuff will take time, maybe forever , but that don't mean its a bad deal , IMO he has the cheapest single color prices ever. Ano is a tough thing to do , to do it commercially you have to have EPA approval and such. Last time i checked WW delt with PK selective mainly on thier batches and thats what takes the time.

Chronobreak
05-31-2004, 11:31 AM
for me in a thread I started looking for a machinist. Guess I won't be taking him up on that offer.

and he is an excelent machinist and he actualy does that hiumself as where anno is shipped of to somone else the return on machininins is/should be ALOT faster

evan123
05-31-2004, 05:18 PM
Jim's a good guy , he tells everyone that the stuff will take time, maybe forever , but that don't mean its a bad deal ,

Okay question here, if it does take forever it means its a bad deal. After reading everyones reply i still think it is unacceptable for that long of a wait no matter what batch. I would try to keep the customer happy and well it doesn't sound like he tries hard but i don't know him so i wouldn't know. But if you drop your car off to get some detailing and it takes them 11 weeks i would be super pissed, same excuse on a marker because thats not paintballing for 11 weeks which in my opinion is a lot.

Tunaman
05-31-2004, 05:23 PM
Well. I was under the impression that he did his own annoing. I quess not then. Anymore than 3-4 weeks gets silly. Shoulda called me... :D

Vanced
05-31-2004, 05:27 PM
Well. I was under the impression that he did his own annoing. I quess not then. Anymore than 3-4 weeks gets silly. Shoulda called me... :D

Again This holds true ... So Tuna ... How long are you going to wait till there is a Locked sticky that simply says.... Need ANYTHING ... Call Da Tuna First !