PDA

View Full Version : Dead Man's Walk

Chipper
05-30-2004, 01:59 PM
This has to be the stupidest thing ever. I was helping this guy ref a woodsball game (boring as heck) at my local field and these to little punks walk half way up the field looking like thier out, with their hands in the air.

All of a sudden they jumped into a bunker and we all figured out what they had done. But the main ref tells them to get out, becuase he says that if you have your hand in the air your out. Is this true?

Dante's Inferno
05-30-2004, 02:00 PM
This has to be the stupidest thing ever. I was helping this guy ref a woodsball game (boring as heck) at my local field and these to little punks walk half way up the field looking like thier out, with their hands in the air.

All of a sudden they jumped into a bunker and we all figured out what they had done. But the main ref tells them to get out, becuase he says that if you have your hand in the air your out. Is this true?

Depends on the field.

FreakBaller12
05-30-2004, 02:02 PM
I would say pretty much at all fields yes. Saying your out our raising your hands is signifying to the oppenent that your out. Almost all fields use this rule.

shivors
05-30-2004, 02:04 PM
Yes that is they way it has always been handled at the fields I frequent.

AGDlover
05-30-2004, 02:07 PM
it all depends on how the refs and how the teams think about it. that why the one time i did it i keep my hands down and just walked on up

BD_Paintball
05-30-2004, 02:16 PM
or u just shoot all the people with there hands down walking around like i do. if they dont got there plug in or there hands up give them one or two, just to make sure. it works for me when i play in the woods :D

Head knight of Ni
05-30-2004, 02:19 PM
In a true deadmans walk you in no way signify that you're out. this includes raising your hands, yelling hit or raising you gun. Those kids were basically playing on after calling themselves out. the deadmans walk can be a great move at the highest levels if done right. I can't remember but some team did it to Russian legion during a 5 on 1 and the guy shot out all five of Legion's players. :D

Tyger
05-30-2004, 02:26 PM
Hands up in the air, you're OUT. Period.

I can't stand it when I see people do "old school" tricks poorly.

-Tyger

Kevmaster
05-30-2004, 03:07 PM
according to every rule book ever written, YES. however, your field may have different things that designate when you are out. I doubt it though

the larch
05-30-2004, 03:15 PM
hand in the air means your out.
someone tried to deadman us in our last tourney. He did get one of us. It was a good move even if he did end up being bonus balled about 5 times to make sure there was NO question after that.
I personally would never dead man walk just for the fear of having the rep that I do it and consequently being shot to crap every time I walk off the field. :p

Vanced
05-30-2004, 03:53 PM

-Tyger

Yep ... Use to be able to pull that move WAY back in the day ... But For years...at least where I play ... you act like your out ... you are OUT....

LittlePaintballBoy
05-30-2004, 04:15 PM
Same here, if you put your gun up or in any way signafy that you are out (yelling "I'm out" putting a hand up ect.) you are gone. the only way you can do it is if you just get up and walk down the side of the field, but if you accidentally get shot walking off or anything you are still out.

RRfireblade
05-30-2004, 04:26 PM

-Tyger

. .

NJPaint
05-30-2004, 04:26 PM
If you signify that you are out by yelling, or by raising your gun, you are out. Period. However, I myself have casually walked along the edge of the field and then proceeded to bunker the entire other team. I've only done it twice, and only meant to for fooling around with...

trains are bad
05-30-2004, 06:40 PM
Hands up in the air, you're OUT. Period

Furthermore, if your hands are NOT in the air, I can shoot you, and you can't complain. Because you were not signaling your outness. Pisses me off at scenarios when ppl get angry at ME for shooting them when they are just walking back.

That is not bonus balling nor unethical. Shooting someone who is clearly out, as a personal attack, is true bonus balling, and very dirty.

The dead man's walk is not an unethical move. What those kids did was not a kosher dead man's walk and was very dirty.

brianlojeck
05-30-2004, 06:42 PM
hands above shoulders=dead for real
hands not above shoulders=dead man's walk

note: after you do this ONCE, expect to get shot a lot while actually dead for the rest of your life.

DJBacon06
05-30-2004, 10:09 PM
My friend and I pulled this off a few weekends ago. There were a couple of stuck up little kids that were challenging my buds and I. We don't look like we are any good, because we don't have matching jerseys and gear and etc.. But we decided to pull off that trick. But before we did it, we cleared it with the refs and made sure to keep our markers pointed at the GROUND with both hands on the marker. Everybody was so stunned, it was amazing. The kids were so pissed. :D

shivors
05-30-2004, 10:29 PM
I think it is somewhat vaginal. I like to play the way I want others to play.

Fair, fun and all out.

TheDoveDecends
05-30-2004, 10:34 PM
In a dead mans walk.. you are supposed to act like you are out (ie.. getting up and walking away looking angry because you were supposedly hit), but not make any motions signaling you are hit (ie.. raising arms, or calling out)

Id agree with any ref that calls someone out because their hands are raised.

Although im not really into the deadmans walk thing, several guys at the field pull it off every now and then.. and its always a show to see..

sneakyhacker420
05-30-2004, 10:48 PM
you think deadmans walk is fun, my friend did a deadmans walk all the way to the other teams starting point, then just started walking up to players and "Ramboing" them as he passed them - he got a good 8 out of 14 players left that game from just ramboing them - so great

same kid walked on with his pgp and at the end there was one guy left so he ran up and bunkered the guy with his PGP

Annihilator44
05-30-2004, 10:50 PM
ya...someone did that in a tourny i was in, was pretty cool, but not many people were happy about it

GotMag?
05-30-2004, 10:57 PM
man there is the sweetest video of a dead mans walk on pbn, its a bad company guy that like jumps 3 other people, idk ill see if i can find it

GotMag?
05-30-2004, 10:59 PM
http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=513703&highlight=%2Bsemi+%2Bold

and sorry, it is a guy from naughty dogs, the video might take a while to load, but it WELL WORTH the amazement and laughs you get out of it

sneakyhacker420
05-30-2004, 11:15 PM
#1 that video only took 36 seconds to download

#2 LMFAO

logamus
05-30-2004, 11:15 PM
holy cow, 12megs!!!! thank you cable modem. and yeah, that was a funny clip.

UltimatePaintballer
05-31-2004, 12:08 AM
it all depends on how the refs and how the teams think about it. that why the one time i did it i keep my hands down and just walked on up

it doesn't depend on nothing, the hands are up, they are out, its just like calling yourself out with out saying anything

The Spanish Inquisition
05-31-2004, 12:41 AM
Love that vid.

"What are you doing?!?"

ahahahahahahah

Smoke
05-31-2004, 01:23 AM
OMFG excellent video!

One of the Exile players said "get out if you're hit", and the last Dog siezed the moment because he knew the ref was refering to the Dog in the back that got shot. Textbook dead man walk!

ZapTheMad
05-31-2004, 01:31 AM
PWNED!!!

Pure evil, but effective. Now that I've seen it, I won't fall for it haha!

AutomagRT1483
05-31-2004, 01:32 AM
Wow, I'm speachless :eek:

Evil Bob
05-31-2004, 01:39 AM
The refs failed to do their job there, the player clearly raised his left hand and elevated his marker in a sign of surrender, which is why the other team ignored him, they gave him the benefit of the doubt. Anytime you signal in any fashion with your hands and/or marker that you are "out", you are simply out, no questions asked, its an open acknowledgement that you realize you're out, they should have been penalized for playing on and taken the loss. Sadly the tourny scene is full of shoddy reffing.

My personal favorite part of that clip is watching the guy take a dump when he's trying to reload.

-Evil Bob

Blazestorm
05-31-2004, 01:55 AM
Actually the Naughty Dogs player says "****" on the otherside of the bunker. The Exile player tells him to get out if he's dead, he wasn't so he kinda snuck out. The refs knew that he wasn't out and didn't touch him. Perfectly legal, the Exile players were stupid, he could have gone around and bunkered him but they let him go as a live player and got raped for it.

Recon by Fire
05-31-2004, 09:10 AM
I'm sorry dute Dead Mans Walk is right up there with wiping. You might as well hang a sign around your neck "No Skill".

shivors
05-31-2004, 09:50 AM
Looks like the guy raises his marker up and his off hand above his shoulder. My knowledge of tournament play is limited but that seems feable.

The Spanish Inquisition
05-31-2004, 12:32 PM
12.32 Players who are hit in an obvious location are expected to immediately signal their elimination by announcing “HIT” or “OUT” at the time of said elimination.

12.33 Said players must then remove their armbands, install barrel sock and exit the field immediately by the most direct routes or upon the instructions of a field judge, if given

If they don't do that shoot them again. :)

But i've never seen the whole hand/marker in the air rule in print. anyone know where it is?

Smoke
05-31-2004, 02:40 PM
The refs failed to do their job there, the player clearly raised his left hand and elevated his marker in a sign of surrender, which is why the other team ignored him, they gave him the benefit of the doubt. Anytime you signal in any fashion with your hands and/or marker that you are "out", you are simply out, no questions asked, its an open acknowledgement that you realize you're out, they should have been penalized for playing on and taken the loss. Sadly the tourny scene is full of shoddy reffing.

My personal favorite part of that clip is watching the guy take a dump when he's trying to reload.

-Evil Bob

His hand was next to his head, not above it.

m20power
05-31-2004, 07:04 PM
The link dosent work. Says its an invalid thread.
Whats up?

UltimatePaintballer
05-31-2004, 08:29 PM
can someone host it on like a .wmv or something? i can't watch it. just so i can watch it on quiktime

shivors
05-31-2004, 08:43 PM
Just go to the force of nature website and look for the Naughty Dogs versus Exile 2002 video.