PDA

View Full Version : Oh my god!

Ginjiroku
05-30-2004, 03:13 PM
I just realized the last time I went paintballing was in the middle of january! That's insane, though I'll probably be going alot more in the summer. I've also decided that next weekend no matter what I'm going paintballing.

TraXeR
05-30-2004, 07:19 PM
February for me... and I won't likely be going again until late July. I'm not terribly, nor even worried about it. I have more than enough cash to play like 5 times, but I just got other stuff i want to do first.

Torbo
05-30-2004, 09:44 PM
sucks for you guys....i freaked out when i couldnt play for 2 weeks.

personman
05-30-2004, 10:14 PM
I havent played since around febuary either.. unless you count yesterday.. which was the second worst time 'paintballing' i've ever had. I diddnt even really play.. and when I did, it was way too windy. SOO Im in the same boat.
I'm going to try to drag this girl out paintballing though. She doesnt want to, but RESISTANCE IS FUTILEE MUAHAHAAA
Heh.

lonelymag
05-30-2004, 10:15 PM
i havent played in 3 years...being away at college sucks!

C_22
05-30-2004, 10:24 PM
Oh Lord, if I don't play in a week I get crancky. How do you manage to stay away so long? :confused:

teufelhunden
05-30-2004, 10:54 PM
Haven't played in two weeks... damnit.,

Playing tomorrow tho

Thermus
05-30-2004, 11:27 PM
I don't play anymore, I just like to mess around with guns and stay in the PB world. Its too expensive to play where I live. I may pick the game up again when I go out to college, depending on my cash flow at that time.

cheetah256
05-30-2004, 11:49 PM
i haven't played since june 03. quite a long time...

TraXeR
05-30-2004, 11:54 PM
Oh Lord, if I don't play in a week I get crancky. How do you manage to stay away so long? :confused:

Easy... don't go. Other things besides paintball in life, work, house chores, school (not for me), computer, AO, etc. I have no urge or want to play right now anyways. I couldn't care less how much lnger I have to wait, I CAN play as soon as i want to though, but i have no urge.

Leader of Men
05-31-2004, 07:39 AM
I haven't played in a few weeks and it seems like way too long. Playing saturday though, if not before then.

The Action Figure
05-31-2004, 07:51 AM
I miss PB and I played last week

teufelhunden
05-31-2004, 08:34 AM
Easy... don't go. Other things besides paintball in life, work, house chores, school (not for me), computer, AO, etc. I have no urge or want to play right now anyways. I couldn't care less how much lnger I have to wait, I CAN play as soon as i want to though, but i have no urge.

When I've been stuck in non-playing slumps, I've thought the same thing. Even thought about selling my gear and wondering what I'd do with the few grand I'd get out of it. But then I got out and played... and omg. It was like losing you virginity all over again. Get out and ball. You'll get the urge back. Promise.

TraXeR
05-31-2004, 08:40 AM
When I've been stuck in non-playing slumps, I've thought the same thing. Even thought about selling my gear and wondering what I'd do with the few grand I'd get out of it. But then I got out and played... and omg. It was like losing you virginity all over again. Get out and ball. You'll get the urge back. Promise.

Well I ref paintball about 30-40 hours a week, I'm around it all the time, I watch it played, I help fix guns, I get to dry fire a few cool guns, etc, etc. But I just don't get any rush from being on the field anymore. Maybe I burned out, or maybe I just got over it. I will play again one day, but I hope it's still fun. Right now, I'm still in the process of upgrading my gun to, I need my parts before I can play again anyways.

teufelhunden
05-31-2004, 08:48 AM
Play a lot of tourney ball? I know a few people that have just got sick of all the BS associated with it and it just burned them out.

Well, good luck with your gun and get it done quick so you can get back out! Try a different type of paintball or something-- I play woods once or twice a summer just to keep me honest ;)

zacbot
05-31-2004, 08:49 AM
so maybe you can give me some solid tips on reffing:-D

Fatjon
05-31-2004, 09:11 AM
i quite 2 weeks ago to save up for a car, and i already feel like im going to die. I have to put my gun in the closet so i just dont pick it up one day and go to the field. Its going to be a long summer with no balling.

jwalker87
05-31-2004, 10:37 AM
I played about 2 weekends ago, but before that it was like August :eek:

TraXeR
05-31-2004, 10:46 AM
teufelhunden: no, I play rec only. I can't stand the thought of even getting into tourney ball, thats not to say I actally hate tourney ball itself. Hell, I love watching it, its fun. But I can't stand the political crap of it, team practices, travelling, the money required, the emphasis on winning and being the best when i just want to have fun. I dont want the lame losers and lame winners, the sore losers and all the BPS hype crap of it (tourney ball).

zacbot: if you seriously want to get some reffing tips, PM me or AIM me at aotraxer.

jwalker87: Yeah, i know the feeling. Before February, it was march 03 for me. I've played maybe 2 times in one year.

shivors
05-31-2004, 10:51 AM
Played about a month ago but had to save up for a scenario game at Chilli's (http://www.chillipaintball.com) next Staurday and then Oklahoma D-Day (http://www.oklahomadday.com)the week after. Seems any more an I would quickly become single agian. <shrug> still debating that.... ;)

Then I have to explain Shatnerball III to the wifey. :eek:

punkncat
05-31-2004, 09:42 PM
I like other posters here , MUST play ball as often as possible. I play every weekend day I can.
It was nice when a buddy lived nearby that we could play every evening after work.....

nastymag
05-31-2004, 10:29 PM
i feel bad for you guys, i just played on saturday and yesterday.
i go whenever i can.

evan123
05-31-2004, 10:36 PM
Well i have the same problem too, i have to be in the mood to go, i love pbing don't get me wrong but some days i wake up have a ride, money and what not but just don't want to play. Also i am a upgrade whore, not a gun whore so i end up dumping money into upgrades and end up not being able to play because i am broke, i play at least once a month-month and a half but this summer is already reaching 95° and i get sick when i am out there that long, i went paintballing texball (feb 21.) then to the last weekend in april and i am awaiting a new tank to play again and then probabaly won't play for awhile do to the weather and getting heat exhaustion, boy texas can suck. So in this time i am going to get some upgrades for my gun and just save up as much money as i can during the summer weeks and go in the fall. I actually prefer playing in freezing temps the hotter temps.

gc82000
05-31-2004, 10:37 PM
Man I can only say that I sympathize with you guys. Guam being a tropical island, has great weather (sunny and nice)all year around. So paintball is played on the weekends, every weekend.