PDA

View Full Version : JT Bodyguard Shirt

robertjuric
05-30-2004, 04:55 PM
Anyone seen this? http://firstcallpaintball.com/detail.aspx?ID=1242

Isn't it nothing more than underarmor? I heard a while back that underarmor for use during paintball was not cool, is it cool now that JT makes it?? :rolleyes:

1stdeadeye
05-30-2004, 05:15 PM
Uhm, read the description. It is a thermal shirt, not armor. :rolleyes:

MantisMag
05-30-2004, 05:28 PM
underarmor is a brand name. they make clothing that absorbs sweat and allow it to evaporate faster.

robertjuric
05-30-2004, 05:28 PM
UnderArmor isn't really "armor", usually football and baseball players wear it under there pads and jersey as a undershirt b/c it wicks the sweat away from your body.

TeamNausea
05-30-2004, 05:29 PM
I think he means the skin tight shirt that they have in the "We must protect this house" commercial. Not litteraly(sp) stuff to protect you!

Edit: Grr robert beat me to it

1stdeadeye
05-30-2004, 05:32 PM
oops. My bad!!!

shivors
05-30-2004, 09:03 PM
Looks to be the same concept. Tight under shirt to wick sweat away form the body.

Tyger
05-30-2004, 09:25 PM
I can't help but wonder if it's the JT answer to the DYE Performance Top (http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/detail.aspx?ID=1053) without the padding. Oh, this is an "under layer" shirt that wisks sweat away, but the chest is PADDED. Just enough to make a difference.

Under Armour (http://www.underarmour.com/ua2/default.asp) Rocks! It DOES keep you cool. At least it makes enough of a difference that I notice it while playing.

-Tyger

Dryden
05-30-2004, 10:26 PM
I posted the exact same question a couple of months ago when I first saw the Bodyguard shirts at ThreadGear. I got a couple of smart aleck comments that it would make me shoot more accurately, some completely unfounded conjecture that it would promote bounces, an unnecessary copy-n-pasted history of UnderArmour, and a dissertation on it's use in the film Any Given Sunday. :rolleyes:

I ended up buying one to see for myself since (1) it was only $30.00 and (2) I'm a JT whore. It's a spandex/polyester blend that is styled and fits the same as UnderArmour. I've played woodsball now on four separate occasions wearing it and am happily suprised to see that it is far more rip resistant than I thought on first glance. I've got no reservations about belly crawling through thickets either, so I'd have to say it has held up extremely well under the abuse it has already seen.

Like UnderArmour, it pulls moisture from your skin helping to stay cool. Even the slightest breeze through the top will make a 90 degree day feel like 60, so it's a huge benefit on hot days. I wear the Bodyguard underneath a JT Premier 03 jersey, and it has been, hands down, the most comfortable setup I've ever worn for paintball.

It's worth the purchase price alone because chicks dig the skin tight top! ;)

^^^ EDIT to the above: I should, in fairness, point out that the Bodyguard does accentuate my beer belly and love handles too, so I guess I should say that my chick digs the skin tight top, but I'm sure most wouldn't. For the love of God, if you're 200+ and really out of shape, please don't buy these shirts!!!! :p

robertjuric
05-30-2004, 11:49 PM
^^^ EDIT to the above: I should, in fairness, point out that the Bodyguard does accentuate my beer belly and love handles too, so I guess I should say that my chick digs the skin tight top, but I'm sure most wouldn't. For the love of God, if you're 200+ and really out of shape, please don't buy these shirts!!!! :p

Same goes for women and thongs. :D

I've been wearin a Reebok underarmor tshirt I had from football, but I kinda defeated its purpose by puttin an extra shirt on when I wore it. I think I may check the JT version out a bit later when I've got some more cash.