PDA

View Full Version : automag #553

bunkerhugger
05-31-2004, 01:14 AM
I went out and played paintball this weekend with a guy I haven't played with in ten years. He pulled out an automag that I sold him way back in the day, #553. It had been sitting in a shed for ten years. Still has the original config, barrel without the built in breech, c-clip on the power tube, back bottle config, orignal o-rings in it. We put three drops of oil in it, screwed in a compressed air tank and the thing worked perfect, no leaks, consistent velocity. Absolutely amazing.

And the best part - he's going to trade it to me for an RT Pro. I can't wait to put that in my collection. :)

SpecialBlend2786
05-31-2004, 01:55 AM
wow, just goes to show how durable and robust mags are :)

10 years and still rockin, even with all the origonal O-rings and everything.

AGDlover
05-31-2004, 03:02 AM
ya mags are veary durable and will last forever thats why i love my mag i think i'll get a RTC and a X or E-mag if i can find on for cheep and just stick with the mags

AGD
05-31-2004, 04:18 AM
It sounds like an original Level 5. That is probably one of the 50 or so unaccounted for. Very, very rare. If we get one in I keep them and give the customer a new gun.

AGD

ZapTheMad
05-31-2004, 05:09 AM
So if I found one and sent it in you'd send me a new X-mag right?

:cool:

OysterBoy
05-31-2004, 07:11 AM
(Plots with Zap to ambush the trade, taking both the RTP and L5 Mag...)

shivors
05-31-2004, 09:48 AM
The durability of the Mag is what sold me. Believe it or not I still have my original Spyder Compact that is 8-9 years old and still runs perfectly for my nephew.

I wouldnt even consider a marker that could not match that. Kinda why I have been hanging around here for the past month or so. Getting a feel for the mag. Between what I have found about the marker, the company, and the man behind it all....I am sold.

slade
05-31-2004, 10:27 AM
actually, in a way, i think the durability of a mag is what gives them the "mags suck" reputation... people see a lot of 10 year old mags around and see that they cant keep up with high end markers today, but dont see enough of the new mags... im not sure if thats always the case, but ive seen some people say that mags suck when the only mag theyve seen is a 10 year old one.

05-31-2004, 10:40 AM
My friend, who owns a 2k2 Cocker, said, "Your gun is 4 years old. It sucks." Oh yeah, i'll definatly have to show him this thread. :D