PDA

View Full Version : Final answer PLEASE!!!

Haynballa
05-31-2004, 03:06 AM
Here is my problem. I resently got a x-valve, ult and an inteli frame put on my mini . The dealer I brought it from installed all the o-rings etc... that came with it. I'm assuming that he lubed everything when he installed it. Well I'm expecting when it was ready that this gun would fire like a machine gun. Didn't happen. 1. I could not rapid shoot it because it would chuff if I really fanned it. 2. It started leaking air down the barrel.
O.K. I have read different threads and it seems that people with the same problems didn't seem to get the problem fixed.So can anyone who had the same problems and had their problem(s) fixed and has the same setup or close to my setup PLEASE inform me on how to fix it. Also if you have the same setup. How much shims or o-rings is on your ult and xvalve. Thanks Holla back.

My minimag setup:
Inteli frame w/ blade trigger & revvy mod
xvalve
ult
68/3000 getting 88 soon

ZapTheMad
05-31-2004, 03:22 AM
You probably need to give it a little time to break in. X-valves are a little tempermental when the orings are new. Keep it well lubed and use it a while. The problems you are having should go away with time.

The chuffing is likely due to short stroking while fanning. The trigger must be completely pulled and released on every stroke.

If you want it to fire like a machine gun, check out this link:

http://www.zakvetter.com/Pages/Paintball/Z-mans_AO_Corner/Z-mans_corner_main.html

Haynballa
05-31-2004, 03:49 AM
Hey thanks for the advice :D

Z-man
05-31-2004, 06:19 AM
Thanks Zap.

Be aware that my how to rapid-fire applies to the STOCK RT on/off valve and not the ULT. Though you can make the ULT rapid-fire, a correctly adjusted ULT will not bounce whatever. That was one of the reasons that people get that upgrade.

the electrician
05-31-2004, 07:28 AM
ah that's fun watching mags shooting streams of paint and sounding like an air compressor. more like an air de-compressor. lol

but let's talk about haynballa's situation.

you had them slap a whole bunch of parts on your gun at the same time and now it doesn't do what you thought it would and you said it leaks down the barrel?

first off, each upgrade should be put on, one at a time, and checked for proper function if you want to make it easy to trouble shoot.

secondly, that set-up is going to top out at 12 bps max, since your feeding it with a revy. even intelli feeding it, you're not going to get more than that on a consistent basis. if you fan the trigger faster than that, the lvl 10 is going to do it's job, and you're going to hear it venting and resetting.

does the gun leak down the barrel all the time?
or just when the lvl 10 is resetting?

have you read the lvl 10 set-up instructions?
you need to understand the lvl 10 as much as possible.

let's start with that, and go from there.

Z-man
05-31-2004, 12:35 PM
Ah, that's a very wise post. I am so out of it I did not even see that he was using a revy.

Haynballa
06-01-2004, 02:53 AM
Hey thanks for the advice. As for the leaking. It leaks all the time. As for the revvy. Is there another hopper I should get instead? I'm open for suggestions.

ZapTheMad
06-01-2004, 03:01 AM
You probly need to go down a size on your carrier. Check the "official level 10 thread" for more info on that.

Use the revvy for now. If you find that you are often outshooting it, then worry about upgrading.

Z-man
06-01-2004, 03:10 AM
Where exactly is the leak originating from?

As for hoppers, it comes down to how much you care about going fast and how far you want to take it. If you want are only shooting as fast as you can pull the trigger, you really tend to cap out at 16bps or so. You can get away with something like a Halo TSA or an EggII.

My personal logic is that if you get a hopper that can load faster than you can EVER shoot, you won't run into a chopping problem. If money is not an option I would snag myself an Empire Reloader B or a Halo B (and a Victory board wouldn't hurt either). Of course that is a bit of cash to drop, but the top-of-the-line setup ain't always cheap.

the electrician
06-01-2004, 06:46 AM
like the man says, worry about the gun first. the revy is a good hopper. with a lvl 10 set-up properly, you will not chop paint, but you will be limited to the 12 bps I stated earlier. if you're playin' Rec ball, that is plenty of fire power.IMO

now the leak:
if it leaks all the time, it is more than likely something to do with the level 10. it is either the carrier of the shims. more than likely the carrier as Zap stated.
the lvl 10 instructions tell you exactly what to do. I suggest starting over and setting up the lvl 10 yourself. that way you understand it.

you are running HPA? aren't you? yuo said it was an X-valve.

worse comes to worst, you can change the carrier o-ring to a soft buna-n, rubber o-ring. you can usually find them at hardware store in the plumbing section. take the stock one with you and match it up. this softer o-ring will seal very easily, and have alot less friction while doing it. you will have to start over and probably use a larger carrier with it too.
they WILL NOT work with CO2.

you wanted a final answer, so now I want you to tell use your results after you read the lvl 10 instructions, and fix you gun :)