PDA

View Full Version : More proof that PBN is full of nubs...

Blazestorm
05-31-2004, 02:53 PM
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=524081

o.O

Thermus
05-31-2004, 02:57 PM
I don't see whats so bad about that thread.

-=Squid=-
05-31-2004, 03:12 PM
Lot of big typos, bad grammar, and misinformation, but for the most part the question was answered.

I must admit, PBN is pretty super craptastical, but that threads not half as bad as others I've seen.

Thermus
05-31-2004, 03:17 PM
Ahhh well, it doesnt compare to the level of ignorance that I've seen on that board other times.

Army
05-31-2004, 04:17 PM
Blaze,

I asked you in a PM to remove the SP swastika. Please do so now.

AO doesn't play those PBN games.......

MarkM
05-31-2004, 04:31 PM
Blaze,

I asked you in a PM to remove the SP swastika. Please do so now.

AO doesn't play those PBN games.......

It's gone...incidently is was against the rules anyhow regardless of content...two images not just the one allowed in sigs ;)

LittlePaintballBoy
05-31-2004, 04:36 PM
I actually don't really understand why people are sooooo hard on PBN, alot of the threads are useful. As long as you don't venture into Small Talk you should have a good experience.

Glickman
05-31-2004, 04:48 PM
ill give them the fact that some of the tech articals are o.k. but their competance and common sense bring out nation's to that of frances.

but some of the guys there are not that dumb, they just choose to act that way, their problem is that their never really serious.

but then u got ur genious who say "do u know how to Speal?" and the topics name was "who inventid"

that topic isnt too bad...

ps.
it was invented by lawyers marking cattle...atleast thats my take on it :D

so:
ETHOMAS280

" I don't think anyone "invented" paintball, but I think that the first marker was a tree/livestock marker for farmers. Then these farmers decided to shoot each other with these "markers" and became the first paintballers."

i think is actually right.

Carbon
05-31-2004, 06:45 PM
Ill tell you why PBN is the way it is

THEY HATE YOUR FREEDOM :D

Blazestorm
05-31-2004, 06:52 PM
Never got that pm Army..

SP = Nazi's, Tis the truth.

Curly
05-31-2004, 07:12 PM
I dont think we really need more proof. This is just annoying spam.

Glickman
05-31-2004, 07:15 PM
Never got that pm Army..

SP = Nazi's, Tis the truth.

tis the truth if you are against intellectual trademarking (wait, is that an oxymoron?)

but morso, if your against the united states' freedom of patenting. we dont need to get into this, but its alot of monkey see, monkey follow when it comes to the smart parts discussion.

theres no need to continue this discussion here, but the fact is, both people and businesses need money to survive. and you can compare smart parts to 1 of 3 analogies:

1. Smart Parts : Patenting Paintball Gear
:: Hunters : Hunting Game for pleasure

Smart Parts does it for just the pleasure

2. Smart Parts : Patenting Paintball Gear
:: Hunters : Hunting Game for Survival

Smart Parts does it to survive

3. Smart Parts : Patenting Paintball Gear
:: Hunters : Hunting game for both

Smart Parts does it to survive but it may not be nessissary

---------------------------------------------------
Personally, i think the third one fits best, as just as i said above, but its human nature

if someone won the lottery, but won just enough to survive, would he/she not continue to work for a even better one?

**** I would just like to note that this is the first time anyone on (anywhere?) has had the word "AGG" in their Sig, and had posted something intellectual :D ****

EverlastPaintball
05-31-2004, 07:20 PM
thats old news........I knew pb had noobs for a long time :mad:

ramenjames
05-31-2004, 07:36 PM
i love how AO thinks its better then PBN ......the way PBN thinks its better then everone else.......

Glickman
05-31-2004, 07:37 PM
love how AO thinks its better then PBN ......the way PBN thinks its better then everone else.......

your not going to get unbaised thoughts anywhere..
infact.. just thinking is bias :)

tony3
05-31-2004, 07:40 PM
but then u got ur genious who say "do u know how to Speal?" and the topics name was "who inventid"

He was joking..... ;)

PredatorPBN
05-31-2004, 08:20 PM
threads like this are why sites get bashed so much...and why PBN members think its better than AO...yeah there are a lot of "noobs" on PBN because they get reffered by other (older) Noobs that recieved a lot of help and useful information on the site...and yeah 9 out of 10 new people post without thinking...you can ask any other mod on the site how many times a day they get PM's and IM's of people asking for help or asking tech oriented questions. dont bash PBN because of people ignorant to paintball info...if anything you should be refering them to AO for things as well. i've been a mod on PBN for about 3 years now. and have seen a lot of people come to the sport knowing very little and post TONS of questions and find out everything they can about paintball...its the people that help them get the info they need that can make the site a good site...like a lot of the people you see on here.

i also think the reason people shy from this site is because they think its mainly for "mag stuff" which is not entirely true. and on PBN, it has a little bit of everything. which can bring idiots from everywhere to the site...i mean one person from AO could post on PBN and maybe 3 other sites and ruin the name...so what if PBN has a lot of noobs...out of the thousands of noobs we got there are thousands of people with the apporiate knowledge to help them.

i came here from PBN because i got a mag and was told to go here for some info...and i found the help i needed...i've also got ripped off from a guy that belonged to both and went through with the transaction on here...did i bash the site on PBN saying only people on AO rip you off...NO...stuff like that happens everywhere...it is better to keep quite and not be made a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...

UltimatePaintballer
05-31-2004, 08:33 PM
Lot of big typos, bad grammar, and misinformation, but for the most part the question was answered.

I must admit, PBN is pretty super craptastical, but that threads not half as bad as others I've seen.

well look at how he spelt noobs, NUBS?! thats like saying my grandpa has 9 nubs on both his hands.

i would except noobs, newbs, crappy players or blazestorm....jk:)

Glickman
05-31-2004, 08:38 PM
i also think the reason people shy from this site is because they think its mainly for "mag stuff" which is not entirely true.

thats kinda why i would like to see a advertisement for AO with a little thing that says "Were not just Mags anymore" or something like that.

He was joking..... ;)

i know, i call it "double sarcasm"

:D

and no, thats not sarcasm...

um......

ill stop talking now :rolleyes:

teufelhunden
05-31-2004, 09:11 PM
Once again, another OMG TEH PBN IS TEH DEVIL!!!

There's just as many nubs on this site. You just don't think of them as nubs. The thread indicated above isn't an example of it, but PBN is a site of tourney ballers. AO isn't. That's where the AO noobishness comes into play in the minds of many/most. AO is still in love with 8" barrels, mechs, and drop forwards. Qualifies as noob at PBN, the same way the spouting off that you guys link to here qualifies as noob here..

Blazestorm
05-31-2004, 09:13 PM
I found it funny how all these newb players go straight to PBN, know nothing about the sport other than that these guns originated from cattle markers.

I bash PBN because it's funny watching their reactions, and SP is being a nazi company. I don't care if its for money, they're attempting to gain control over the entire eletronic gun market for their own damn benefit. They're not helping the sport grow, the only thing they're doing is pissing players off, pissing companies off, and getting more (or less) money.

I read an article about how SP designed their barrels to have more porting because it makes the balls shoot more accurate. Great research there.

And I spelt nubs on purpose, because noobs, newb, and newbie is overused.

Glickman
05-31-2004, 09:22 PM
Once again, another OMG TEH PBN IS TEH DEVIL!!!
That's where the AO noobishness comes into play in the minds of many/most. AO is still in love with 8" barrels, mechs, and drop forwards. Qualifies as noob at PBN, the same way the spouting off that you guys link to here qualifies as noob here..

BITE THY TONGUE!!!!

heh, thats being very, very stereotypicical, and you should go post on PBNATION for that

j/k :)

anywho, thats not entirely true, and the only reason AO is thought of that way, is because its associated so closely with AGD (not a bad thing), but AO includes people who can tell you nearly anything about nearly any marker, as a good deal of us are not just 8-9 year olds that just got a computer (dont comment on my sterotyping, its just a bad example ;) )

AO doesnt just include tourny ballers, but we do, im no offical representative, but we include a more veriety of ballers than PBnation does, whereas if you dont fit, you are put down.

I dont have alot against PBnation other than the fact that people are just rude, and ignorant for the hell of it. Ive seen to many posts thats are just "your gay" and "get a life" and meaningless posting.
Yet, some of the people there are actually very helpful, so dont start assuming that everyone here are 100 percent anti-pbnation, im not, i actually post there every once and a while..

"I read an article about how SP designed their barrels to have more porting because it makes the balls shoot more accurate. Great research there. "

i dont see whats so stupid/bad about that.. is it that another company already did that? because porting actually does help...

mcdkid
06-01-2004, 11:17 AM
the first paintball game was organized by bob gurnsey (not sure if the spelling is right), he and 11 other people played a battle royal game, then a while later bob began to advertize it as "the survival game"... and i almost failed world history lol