PDA

View Full Version : Tac-One vs. -VF-Tactical

G-Bomb
05-31-2004, 02:55 PM
I am looking at getting one of these. What do you guys think. I am leaning toward the tac-one (isn't it just a upgraded ule with a different body?) because it is cheaper, and i am looking at getting a mag. Just wanted to know what you guys thought.

Thermus
05-31-2004, 02:58 PM
Unless your already very familiar with cockers, defiantely go for the mag. If your good with cockers already, its really up to you. Mags are more reliable and easier to maintain, cockers are far more efficient. I don't really know what else to say about it.

SpecialBlend2786
05-31-2004, 03:46 PM
Yeah, the tac-one is a bit cheaper, and I belive it has more mounts on it as well (?). Also for a scenario game I'm willing to bet the Mag is more robust after being out in the field for more than half a day at a time.

G-Bomb
05-31-2004, 06:16 PM
how do mags compare to cockers as far as accuracy. Let me rephrase, Are mags pretty accurate? (my cocker is not very accurate at all) :(

teufelhunden
05-31-2004, 06:22 PM
If your 'Cocker isn't accurate, that's because you're running crappy paint or have a crappy barrel. By design, no gun is more accurate than any other.

big E kingpin
05-31-2004, 06:24 PM
it all depends on how your set up, i have both, my cocker hits exactly what i point it at, regardless of range, my mag is more of an accuracy by volume, kinda guide my shots in you know. its all in your set up, but my cocker is my back up.

FooTemps
05-31-2004, 06:36 PM
the VF Tactical's mounts are on the front of the marker too, which would probably make the marker more front heavy. The Tac-One's mounts are on the back section of the marker above the grip. Besides picking on efficiency, weight, and looks you should try looking at how you like the feel of front heavy or back heavy.

penguinpunk555
05-31-2004, 06:55 PM
Cocker more shots per a tank.

ZapTheMad
05-31-2004, 06:58 PM
Level 10 - no squeegie needed.

G-Bomb
05-31-2004, 07:04 PM
i have a freak on my cocker, but the paint isnt the best. I want to get a mag, but i dont know if i want an rt ule custom or a tac one. I mostly play woodsball, but i would like to start scenarios, so i thought the tac one. Plus, doesnt it come with all the stuff a ule custom does, only a different body?

ghed
05-31-2004, 07:32 PM
Yea, its the same as a ULE custom just w/ the TAC body (uses cocker threads just like the ULE bodies). I think it also has a different rail, either a classic rail or the new TAC rail not sure though.

GoatBoy
05-31-2004, 10:24 PM
What exactly are you planning to put on your tac-one of vf?

Carbon
05-31-2004, 11:21 PM
I cant speak for the VF tactical, but ican say the tac one will have less
problems for ya in the long run.

Add to that prolonged exposure in a scenario game, you would want the gun with the least amount of moving parts. The mag is simple and there are greater mounting options on the Tca One body.

As far as accuracy goes, i have found my Classic and Emag as acurate as any cocker or ebalded cocker i have shot with, comparatively.

G-Bomb
05-31-2004, 11:40 PM
i would probably be putting a laser scope or light on it, and eventually night vision. The tac one is very appealing though. I shot a rt ule custom today and it was pretty amazing.

gc82000
05-31-2004, 11:54 PM
I would go with a Tac for it is only a body so you can change it when you play types of games, Speedball and whatever. This feature is not available in the VF. You also have a Cocker threaded barrel system so that will not need changing.

Torbo
06-01-2004, 12:26 AM
if i liked mags id go for the tac because of the simplicity. However, id think that the efficiency of the cocker would be a plus for the senario.

Id take the cocker though, because i like cockers much better <---Personal preference

ilikePB
06-01-2004, 12:37 AM
In scenario I don't think efficiency matters too much, unless refills are expensive, it's not like you are lobbing massive amounts of paint and stay in forever, you do one or the other. If you are shooting a ton chances are you will get out sooner because you are in the middle of the action and you can go get a refill. And if you are staying in the game for a long time chances are you aren't in the thick of the action so you won't have to shoot a lot and use a lot of air. Just my experience from playing scenario. I owned a classic mag about 4 years back and played a few 24 hour games at Waynes World in Ocala. I'm definately going to do another one this year, they were a lot of fun, my Mag worked absolutely great for them.

Bolter
06-01-2004, 02:39 PM
both are likely to be great guns. Try to use both and see what you like.