PDA

View Full Version : Rental mags?

Stealthgerbil
05-31-2004, 03:33 PM
I bought a used Automag 68 classic, and on the valve "Field Rental' is engraved on it. It also doesn't appear to have any starts on the valve at all. Whats the difference between a rental model and a normal model.

SpecialBlend2786
05-31-2004, 03:47 PM
hmm, well the older classic valves do not have stars on them, because they were made before the star program. Thats all I know, maybe someone else can provide more info...

Army
05-31-2004, 04:01 PM
Rental 'Mags do not have stars, since there is no way AGD could confirm how or why damage occured.

Taken care of, 'Mags will last a lifetime. Given to a bunch of uber noobs, and they get trashed really quick. Yet, repairs are still the simplest thing to do. Rental 'Mags are still made to the same high standards all other AGD products must achieve. Be happy with your somewhat collectible valve.

Get a repair kit and swap out all the O-rings, oil it up and go play:)

thei3ug
05-31-2004, 04:37 PM
the rental version has a restricted powertube to keep them from running hot.

otherwise, there's no difference.

Tunaman
05-31-2004, 05:02 PM
The rental valve I played with for years was the best marker I have ever owned. Boy do I :D miss that gun...

Stealthgerbil
05-31-2004, 05:03 PM
I heard you can't instal a LV10 on them, though. I do like it, although I really need a new barrel, because the person who sold it to me forgot to clean it out, and it had purple paint crust inside of it. The restricted powertube isn't a bad feature, because you know when your running hot.

thei3ug
05-31-2004, 05:50 PM
yah, because of the powertube you can't install a LVL10 without modification. Someone recently mentioned they did it...

As for a good feature... it depends on what you're using it for. For recball, heck yah, I'd dig it. That's all I do anymore anyhow.
But for some people who want to set it as close to the 300 limit in tournaments, it'd be a handicap.

Stealthgerbil
05-31-2004, 06:20 PM
Just wondering, can I do the X-valve trade in program with the rental valve?

Tunaman
05-31-2004, 07:50 PM
Yes you can. I'll do it. Email me. :D

Lohman446
05-31-2004, 07:56 PM
I asked the field owner where Im at to switch to all rental mags while cleaning them the other day, thinking how much better it would be to have a big bucket of water, dunk them in, swirl them around, shoot them dry and add oil - would have been soo much better than having to clean them by hand.

coolcatpete
05-31-2004, 08:26 PM
Where could one get some of these rentals for a field for a discounted price. just wondering.
Pete