PDA

View Full Version : Awsome Idea (for those to cheap to buy an e-mag)

Chipper
05-31-2004, 07:16 PM
Hope this is not old, I never noticed it on AO....

Saw this searching PBreview for no reason.

Tight, huh? (http://pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=232904)

Is this at all possible? Do yall have any ideas on how its done? I have no $ for and e-mag, not even a hyperframe, so this is like :eek: !dreamy!

EverlastPaintball
05-31-2004, 07:18 PM
It is possible.........I dont know how to do it though

paintballrulzs
05-31-2004, 07:22 PM
I owned a hyperframe and loved it. This does make me very curious though. I can't see it being done without major modifications. If those modifications are dont wrong it could ruin the frame or even the gun :(. I say just buy a used hyperframe for like 150 if you really wanted one. This would also have no warranty with any company. If you buy a hyperframe you have some piece of mind knowing that centerflag has your back. I am curious on how he modified though.

GT
05-31-2004, 07:24 PM
Honestly there the same design, same type of selanoid. My hunch is that with a ULT installed you could get fairly long battery life

ANGEL LCD
05-31-2004, 07:25 PM
if it worked really good i might get a mag just to do that

Glickman
05-31-2004, 07:28 PM
woah..
i would imagine the only difference would be the sear, and that could be customized pretty easily

theres alot of experimenting to be done with different marker compodents, cause after all, alot of guns are just based of others
ie.
More Clones
Spyder Clone
Spyder
Timmy
Timmy Clones

shivors
05-31-2004, 07:28 PM
On top of that you could get a new board (http://www.xsfadvantage.com/product_maunal_spyderkit.htm) for the frame and increase cap and mount ACE on it.

tony3
05-31-2004, 07:32 PM
My guess is that he is a ult and then mount the sear somehow, interesting idea...

Glickman
05-31-2004, 07:33 PM
that board says nothing about a unlimited cap, atleast not what i can see. i have seen alot of upgrades and custom mods for that frame tho, like a new switch for like $5 from r@dioshak that has a required pressure to activate less then that of an angel (0.02 lbs maybe?)

but with a level 10, i dont see a real need for eyes other than the fact that they get dirty, hard to clean, but then again its like a safe withen a safe

ZapTheMad
05-31-2004, 07:34 PM
It wouldn't be hard to do this if you have the right tools. If you look closely, the solenoid is turned around backwards in the frame. That is the only way it could be done because the stock frame has the solenoid pushing forward which goes the wrong way for use in a mag.

Hmmm, I may give this a try. I have a couple extra spyder electro frames handy. One is a dragun LCD that does 20 bps! I also have a small machine shop set up in my garage :)

I just held a rail and a spyder frame up together. It doesn't look to be all that hard of a mod. The stock sear lines up pretty well and would need minimal modification.

Something is cool brewing up in the madhouse!!!

tony3
05-31-2004, 07:49 PM
but with a level 10, i dont see a real need for eyes other than the fact that they get dirty, hard to clean, but then again its like a safe withen a safe

What about lvl 10? Brings down efficency, can be picky, leaks sometimes, my lvl 10 leaked quite a bit.

Glickman
05-31-2004, 08:37 PM
heh, i was just assuming (yes, im making an *** out of "u" and "me") that it would be in working condition :D

ilikePB
06-01-2004, 01:05 AM
If someone could do this it would basically be a cheap way to do a Devilmag, you could make a little extra cash for doing the mod for someone else too. Sounds like a good idea to me.

hitech
06-01-2004, 02:43 PM
How much is that frame?

spasticsquirrel
06-01-2004, 03:24 PM
i think that the frame would be like $85 online maybe?

OysterBoy
06-01-2004, 03:31 PM
UP For all the people like me who are way too cheap do buy a hyperframe...

Chipper
06-01-2004, 03:32 PM
UP For all the people like me who are way too cheap do buy a hyperframe...

Amen brotha, Amen.

notcreative
06-01-2004, 03:33 PM
i am thinking about doing this myself if any one can figure this out please send instruction to my email genx3hebe@hotmail.com i thinking about trying and putting this together this summer. MAYBE

spasticsquirrel
06-01-2004, 03:58 PM
i think someone should post a step by step guide of how to do this!

ilikePB
06-01-2004, 03:59 PM
If anyone gets any sort of instructions or guidelines I would definately do this.

Chipper
06-01-2004, 08:06 PM
The whole reason I posted this is to find out how to do this, like you guys. The thing is that not many people know how do this. So if you know, please post it up.

TeamNausea
06-01-2004, 08:09 PM
You should all be ashamed of wanting to put a kingman frame on a mag.... ashamed

Glickman
06-01-2004, 08:59 PM
*attention* i actually have a brand new one of those frames (got it at a going out of business sale somewhere) and its brand new (other than the box is a little spotty and stuff. but i would be willing to sell it, if its the right grip, its called the Sprint electonic trigger frame.
it has:
semi
3 burst
6 burst
full auto (hehe)

but anyway, ill be willing to sell it for 60, but just have someone confirm that it is in fact the spyder sprint frame (wouldnt want any problems now would we :) )

Thermus
06-01-2004, 09:11 PM
Not to try and kill your deal, but sprint frames are not the best to get. They are plastic and break easily. The best way to go would be buying a cheap electric spyder, like an esprit, and taking the frame off of that. You could try selling the body and internals to make some money back. Or, if you happen to have a spare mech spyder frame layina round, slap that on there and sell it.

TeamNausea
06-01-2004, 09:27 PM
I thought the electras had the sprint frame/ At least I thought my old imagine did and i assumed theyd be the same.?

Thermus
06-01-2004, 09:32 PM
To my knowledge, they have never sold a marker stock with a sprint frame.

Electras have an LED number display on them to show the BPS setting, and the imagines have lights to diplay the current mode of fire. Unless I am mistaken, sprint frames use dip switches. The frame is also made of plastic, while all other stock spyder frames are metal.

Glickman
06-01-2004, 09:37 PM
they basically are the same thing, and that one in the picture is a sprint, cause it has the "ESP" thing on the back, as does the one i have...

TeamNausea
06-01-2004, 09:44 PM
To my knowledge, they have never sold a marker stock with a sprint frame.

Electras have an LED number display on them to show the BPS setting, and the imagines have lights to diplay the current mode of fire. Unless I am mistaken, sprint frames use dip switches. The frame is also made of plastic, while all other stock spyder frames are metal.
yeah now that i look at it its not a sprint. Yes, it does have the lights i just heard it called that somewhere and thought thats what it was.

Glickman
06-01-2004, 09:53 PM
you are probably right, but that "ESP" is the same thing on the one im looking at right now.

what im thinking is that the sprint frames are just the same except with plastic and dip switches...

anyway, im prolly gonna keep the frame and try it out myself ;) ive been putting off getting a mag for too long, and i want to use one along with my trix at shatnerball II

hitech
06-02-2004, 12:00 PM
If you try to make this frame work you might find my Hyperframe FAQ (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79328) useful. Especially the section on adjusting the solenoid. I would also recommend the ULT on/off. Good luck, and be sure to let us know how it works out. Remember to include pictures! :D

BTW, if you decide to not try, I might be interested in purchasing the frame from you and giving it a try.

milomag
06-10-2004, 04:33 PM
i would buy a mag and put one of these on it is someone can figure out how to do the mod