PDA

View Full Version : How do i get out a stripped out Alan Wrench screw?What did you do?

GeNeRiCbRaNd
10-09-2001, 10:31 PM
How do i get out a stripped out Alan Wrench screw?

BlackVCG
10-10-2001, 12:49 AM
Cut a slot in it so you can use a flat blade screwdriver to turn it out, or, depending on the size, drill a hole in it and use an ez-out to pull it out.

Restola
10-10-2001, 08:27 AM
i brought my problem to my local Tru-Value hardware store and they took it out for free. the ez-outs are like $15, and you have to have a reversable multi-speed drill.
it was one of the screws that go into the sight rail on my phantom. if anyone has ever seen that you know they are tiny.

RobAGD
10-10-2001, 11:26 PM
I use a tool called a Slap Hammer to drive out the screw. Or another method I use if to beat the edges on teh hex area in a tad with a slap hammer then wedge in a junk allen key and twist out the screw.

-Robert

Restola
10-11-2001, 08:07 AM
try running over it with your car

MikeCouves
10-11-2001, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Restola
i brought my problem to my local Tru-Value hardware store and they took it out for free. the ez-outs are like $15, and you have to have a reversable multi-speed drill.
it was one of the screws that go into the sight rail on my phantom. if anyone has ever seen that you know they are tiny.

You don't need a drill to use the Ez-Out. I just saw the commercial like 20 seconds ago and you can use one of those screwdrivers with holes for little things that you put in lie ez out. I can't remember the name of the screwdriver though!

GeNeRiCbRaNd
10-11-2001, 07:38 PM
RESTOLA IS AN *******!