PDA

View Full Version : What should be asked?

codeman35
06-01-2004, 08:13 PM
I didn't know where to post this so if this is the wrong spot, sorry. Somebody is selling a mag with a barely bent rail, misaligned trigger frame, and an x valve with level 7 installed. What price should be asked for this? Thanks.

i_baked_cookies
06-01-2004, 09:47 PM
first off, with a bent rail or a misaligned trigger frame, the distances between vital parts can be altered, and the gun may not even work. and the xvalve comes stock with level 10, so wheres the level 10?! i wouldnt pay any money for it because there is a big chance hes trying to rip you with a dud. but, if you want a price, youll have to give more details on the gun- body, what type of frame, ult?, barrel, tank... all that stuff.

ZapTheMad
06-01-2004, 09:59 PM
I woudn't buy it. Chances are good that the other parts have been abused as well. It doesn't make sense that someone would change the X-valve with level 10 to level 7 and then sell it. Something is very wrong here. If the price was cheap enough, like $50, it may be worth it to fix the parts IF they can be fixed.

Sk8ermog
06-01-2004, 10:19 PM
well I'd say go for it if you know something about mags. I once had an X-valve that didn't come with the LVL 10 parts kit and it started leaking so I had to put a LvL7 bolt on it to work. I ended up selling it with only the LvL7 and I got some parts to get my LvL10 working on my other mag. Anyways I'd ask the guy whats the story behind the gun. Like how did he bend the rail. Rails can be replace for about $30 unless you need the bushing, trigger sear, trigger rod, or the twist-lock. All those can be found on this forum also.

I'd say offer him like $100 for it. If he doesn't like that then remind him of all the broken problems with it. Then work up to a final price. Don't spend more then $250 on it cause thats what a new X-valve runs for on ebay or on this forum. Hope that helps.