PDA

View Full Version : E-Cockers

vf-xx
06-01-2004, 08:27 PM
Ok, well like many people on these boards, I've got an itch for a new gun. I've owned an emag, and compairing it to my RTP with ULT I'm happy with my RTP.

Anyway I've got it in my head to buy an E-Cocker but I'm unsure as to wich type I should buy.

Here are the ones I know of and what they do. If you could be so kind as to fill in the gaps in my knowledge I'd appreciate it.

Eclipse frame - Nice, comes with a reflective eye. Good quality, but product support is in Europe.

WorrBlade - Same as an Eclipse frame, except with a different trigger. Also comes with a bolt and has USA base support.

ANS - Break beam eyes, used to be the RACE frame. Older frame therefore more tried and true?

Thats about what I know.

$tevo
06-01-2004, 08:48 PM
Race frame. i dont know why, but i just prefer it over the eblades.i know absoluty squat about them, but if you head over to pbnation and go to the cocker section you will find everything u need to know, thats if you can put up with the idiots over there.

how much are you looking to spend? i like the race framed half blocks alot.

after im done redoing my ule mag, im gonna pick up a electro, mostly lookin to get a cocker next. first i gotta get a karta, ccm no rise, x valve(been rockin a classic for 4 years) and i wanna get the hair trigger when it comes out.

but deff check out the race frames

P8NTBALLER590
06-01-2004, 08:53 PM
depending on your price needs

6-700-super cocker, wgp autococker with eblade already installed

7-800- nightkast, wgp outkast with eblade already installed

or you get something real nice like

1000-1500- shocktech sfl and team cockers, wgp karnivor, ans gxe etc...
i would suggest wgp products from experience..there great :)

$tevo
06-01-2004, 08:59 PM
if you have the money, i would also suggest a freeflow. they are great markers and great company

teufelhunden
06-01-2004, 09:09 PM
Nexus. Any of them.

vf-xx
06-01-2004, 09:36 PM
P8NTBALLER590 - I'm buying used cause it's more cost effective that way.

$tevo - So Freeflow makes their own frames?

teufelhunden - Ok but why?

teufelhunden
06-01-2004, 09:56 PM
Because they're pimped already.

Eblade, of course.
Sammy trigger for the blade.
Clipse ram w/ QEVs
Whatever LPR, not a big deal as long as it's adjustable
Nexus internals [case off a 68.45]
Badass milling.
Comes with a UL or Kaner, depending which year/model you buy.

SpecialBlend2786
06-01-2004, 10:00 PM
The nexus cockers are sweet. So are the Eclipse Factory cockers.

GoatBoy
06-01-2004, 10:06 PM
I dunno, Doc's FastBack cocker got me thinkin' thinkin'.

ilikePB
06-01-2004, 10:41 PM
Whatever frame you get(I like the Race frame better, but e-blades are easier to get used because they are more common)I'd recommend a half block body, they make it lighter and smaller, plus they look sweet imo.

www.electrococker.com (doesn't have complete cockers yet)
www.martinpaintball.com (complete cocker comes with e-blade)
www.turtlecockers.com (complet kits with e-blade or ans)

The ANS frame is programmable through laptop or PDA and it uses an Angel type switch for the trigger. The E-Blade is programmable through a lcd screen on the grip frame and its trigger is actuated through the use of magnet return and a optical break beam switch.

All this and more info can be had in the electronic cocker forum at pbnation.

$tevo
06-01-2004, 11:41 PM
freeflows do not make their own frames(that i know of). but you can customize the gun to how you want it, and you get ff internals.

Nexus- sure they are great. also cost 1700

and halfblocks kick some major ***, so i would deff go with one of those with a race frame if you can find.

its alll preference really, what i would go for is: FF w/ race frame or a raced halfblock. doesnt really matter what kind of halfblock it is, im sure they all would satisfy(sp).

so just read whatever you can find, and pick one that has the best deal, sence your buying used correct? if i was to buy a cocker, i would personally buy new unless you know the person takes excellent care of it, i know nothing about cockers so i would need an warrenty and know that no one was tinkering with what isnt supposed to be tinkered with.

teufelhunden
06-02-2004, 02:21 AM
Freeflow used to have their own version of the Race-- it was modded to accept 9vs.

vf-xx
06-02-2004, 04:05 PM
if i was to buy a cocker, i would personally buy new unless you know the person takes excellent care of it, i know nothing about cockers so i would need an warrenty and know that no one was tinkering with what isnt supposed to be tinkered with.

Thanks, I'm either buying used from a Proshop or going 3rd party. But I know what you mean.

GT
06-02-2004, 04:18 PM
Honestly,
I think a cocker is something you maynot want to buy used. I would go superstock. best bang for your buck.

Heck buy a new 2k3 on ebay for about 250 and then you can purcahse, on ebay, a new eblade for about 350. 600, all brand new and you can keep your stock 3way and hinge!

UThomas
06-02-2004, 04:21 PM
I have a race frame and a worr blade (and had an e-blade). I *personally* like the race better. It is more expensive, but it gives you cool firing modes, you can use regular 45 grips, MUCH longer battery life, and has a better beam break eye. But the e-blades & derivatives are sweet too. The worr blade also has a built in rail on the bottom and larger trigger guard for fat fingers.

teufelhunden
06-02-2004, 04:45 PM
You also need to do anything and everything thru a computer or palm, and firing modes aren't useful anywhere but the backyard. Break beam eyes on the 'Cocker aren't really great, as the wiring/covers will be worn by the pump arm.

lew
06-02-2004, 06:45 PM
Teufel hunden: The wires for the break beam eye on a Race have plenty of clearance from the pump arm and, thus, will not be worn.
That being said, I'm partial to the E-Blade because I think it looks better and I love the trigger.

If you want the best bang for your buck, your best bet is to build your own Cocker. It's easy to, do very fun, and you can select the best parts to add to it. I just finished building my own Cocker. It's very light (2lbs., 2oz.), efficient (over 2200 shots on an 88/45), can pinch paint in the case of a misfeed, and looks great, which, we all know, is the most important feature. ;)

For any questions you may have, go here (http://www.air-powered.com/index.php?http://air-powered.com/) .

FallNAngel
06-02-2004, 06:58 PM
ANS and Race are basically the same thing.. just a different frame

You can also build a custom halfblock cocker from the ground up for < $1k

punkncat
06-02-2004, 07:49 PM
Freeflow used to have their own version of the Race-- it was modded to accept 9vs.

If that was the case in the past it is no longer. They use Eclipse frames now.
*EDIT*I see on their SITE (http://www.4freeflow.com/) that they used to offer race frames and still offer support for them.

ANS (http://ansxtreme.com/) uses the Race frame.

vf-xx
06-02-2004, 08:22 PM
Well I'm trying to get a ANS (race) cocker with a shocktek body, Freak w/one insert, and 68 Armageddon tank.

All for $700 + shipping.

It's currently on the shelf at my proshop and I know that they'll look it over and get it cleaned up before I ever see it.

ilikePB
06-03-2004, 12:07 PM
Well I'm trying to get a ANS (race) cocker with a shocktek body, Freak w/one insert, and 68 Armageddon tank.

All for $700 + shipping.

It's currently on the shelf at my proshop and I know that they'll look it over and get it cleaned up before I ever see it.

That's a good deal, I'd go for it.