PDA

View Full Version : Tac one found in a ditch on the side of the road

Nitroduck
06-01-2004, 09:03 PM
And guess who's it was ? MINE

I called AGD today at 3ish (est) to see when i'd be getting my gun , UPS's site had the delivery schedule as tommorow , but it said the package was out for delivery today. Well , 4PM came ( the normal UPS delivery time ) and no gun........so i figured it'd come tommorow....well i got a call at 7PM right before i was to go to a trustee meeting about my field and got a call " hello , is this brandon " and i was like yeah......and they told me they found a package with my name on it in the ditch and so they took the package and opned it to see if there was damage....there wasn't ,so my parents went and picked it up while i was at the township meeting.....i'm so friggin mad , if thoes people wouldn't of called me , i would of had no gun today and might never of got compesation for it.......Ah! I can't believe UPS.

LudavicoSoldier
06-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Wow! Now thats a stroke of luck!

Annihilator44
06-01-2004, 09:09 PM
Holy Crap what a story! :eek: You should be glad the kid and mom didnt just keep the gun! Glad you got ur gun.

coolcatpete
06-01-2004, 09:11 PM
Man I wish I had that luck.
Pete

thecavemankevin
06-01-2004, 09:12 PM
OMG!!! i would be demanding to know how it just "got in a ditch" in the first damn place. that is rediculous and is very pathetic!

i_baked_cookies
06-01-2004, 09:40 PM
i despise ups. i hate them so much i cant beleive it. out of my 5 last orders, theyve managed to screw up 4 of them with 2 day late arrivals. i cannot beleive how much they lack in quality. go fed-ex, go fed-ex, hail the almighty fed-ex

im done

TeamNausea
06-01-2004, 09:52 PM
I do hope you complained. Thats crappy service for yah.

Nitroduck
06-01-2004, 09:56 PM
Yeah , wish i could get inurance out of it or something, but the gun is in good condition now.....i don't know what i would of done if the package would of been dropped in the ditch before the huge rainstorm we got......i woulda killed something.

Paintball_4_Fun
06-01-2004, 09:58 PM
Most likely ups just left it on your porch and they jacked it. Then got home and thier mother or father found out about it. and made them call you to return it.

And guess who's it was ? MINE

I called AGD today at 3ish (est) to see when i'd be getting my gun , UPS's site had the delivery schedule as tommorow , but it said the package was out for delivery today. Well , 4PM came ( the normal UPS delivery time ) and no gun........so i figured it'd come tommorow....well i got a call at 7PM right before i was to go to a trustee meeting about my field and got a call " hello , is this brandon " and i was like yeah......and they told me they found a package with my name on it in the ditch and so they took the package and opned it to see if there was damage....there wasn't ,so my parents went and picked it up while i was at the township meeting.....i'm so friggin mad , if thoes people wouldn't of called me , i would of had no gun today and might never of got compesation for it.......Ah! I can't believe UPS.

Nitroduck
06-01-2004, 10:00 PM
Your right , now that i think of it , i was home all day today , maybe i just didn't hear the sound of a big brown UPS truck come down my 200 yard lane .......yeah ,thats what happned , then the lady and her husband snuck up my drive way , stole it from my porch ,drove it 10 miles to thier house and then felt guilty about it , yeah , thats what happned alright!

ZapTheMad
06-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Thank god you have honest neighbors.

Nitroduck
06-01-2004, 10:08 PM
He wasn't my neighbor.....He lives 11 miles away.

ZapTheMad
06-01-2004, 10:12 PM
Anyone who found my package 11 miles away and called me about it would be my friendliest neighbor :)

Empyreal Rogue
06-01-2004, 10:41 PM
I've never had a sour UPS delivery, never. Of my life the past 8 I've spent ordering things online and if possible I would only ship UPS. I've only had 1 good FedEX delivery and USPS won't even bother trying to deliver down my road.

I guess it helps if the UPS guy's son plays paintball and likes to come down to my house and talk for a few seconds... But still, I just think it's odd. UPS has been well known for good deliveries.

Although, it's possible that some random people not affiliated with the people that found it, followed the UPS truck, jacked the package and took off. Found what was inside, thought it was useless and tossed it. There are numerous possibilities and yes UPS guy tossing the package into the ditch is one of them.

68magOwner
06-01-2004, 11:04 PM
yea, i almost killed someone when i was expecting a tank the day b4 a tourney,i walk home 2 miles to be on time to get it, the mail wasnt there, i check ~20min alter, no mail, i check 10 min later, theres a stupid piece pf paper saying "sorry we missed you, UPS can re-deliever on these dates..." i was home the whole time, the guy never rang the doorbell, and i bet he just didnt eant to carry the friggin package to the door, i called UPS they ttalked to the guy, he said "i thought no one was home" but wait...isnt it his job to ring the friggin doorbell, anyway, didnt get to play in the tourney, still feel like waiting for the guy and then painting his truck a new color when he comes by...urgg

Paintball_4_Fun
06-01-2004, 11:42 PM
As long as you got your marker thats all that matters...
I would be intersted in knowing what ups said under the details of the delivery.

gibby
06-01-2004, 11:45 PM
WOW! What luck! Good it was a mag...any other marker would not have made it. :p

Destructo6
06-02-2004, 12:49 AM
What does the UPS tracking system say? If it lists an "exception", call UPS and ask what happened. If they cannot locate it, they should offer to replace it. It would be up to you as to the next move...

I've rarely had a good experience with UPS. I've had them put the failed delivery notice on the door while I was less than 15' way. I've had periods where 3 of 5 shipments experienced some sort of "exception". I had them leave a rifle on the doorstep, unattended, despite the fact that a signature was required. Nightmares galore.

That's not to mention a buddy of mine worked at a UPS hub and described their normal care (or disregard) for the packages.

xXHavokXx
06-02-2004, 01:19 AM
i despise ups. i hate them so much i cant beleive it. out of my 5 last orders, theyve managed to screw up 4 of them with 2 day late arrivals. i cannot beleive how much they lack in quality. go fed-ex, go fed-ex, hail the almighty fed-ex

im done

As long as its Fed-Ex express, fedex ground is contractors who suck

1stdeadeye
06-02-2004, 05:00 AM
This is why I use DHL/Airborne! :cool:

Muzikman
06-02-2004, 08:37 AM
Worst experiance with UPS (and I have had MANY)...

In 2001 I went to Chicago for the AGD super Tour. I had shipped my 80lb create (mind you it's about $5k worth of stuff inside) to AGD and gave them my credit card to ship it back home to me. So there I am at home and two weeks go by and no create of paintball gear. I email Marcia to get a tracking number. I get the number is it states "Delivered". So there I sit, thinking UPS dropped the create off on my porch and someone had the guts to carry away an 80lb box of stuff. So I email her back and find out that she pulled my address from one of my guns that I registered years ago and still had my old address on it. This was the end of November and I had moved back in October. So, I stopped over the old house, and sure enough it was sitting on the front porch. Now, most people would think, ok, how did UPS screw up, they delivered to the correct address. Well, two ways...first a signature was required for delivery and two a moron could tell the house was vacant, there wasn't even curtains on the windows. The BIG picture window you look directly into as you step on the porch will show you a living room with NOTHING in it. Luckly the box was there, nothing was taken or fooled with. The zipties I put on the latches were still there and all, but this damn thing sat there for a week.

dansim
06-02-2004, 09:00 AM
never had a lost package to ups but ihave had lazy ups guys, one time i was waiting for a spyder booyah frame(a looooooong time ago) and est time of delivery was 2:30 came and went no package, the day came and went no package(mind you i had a couple of days off) so the next day comes and goes ,out for delivery blah blah blah, no package, so i call the headquaters and they tell me oh the driver reported that he stopped by 3 times and no one was home...to sum it up driver delivered my package at 730 at night, and i later saw him working at a local gas station(full time)

mikebridge
06-02-2004, 09:11 AM
great, this thread made me check the tracking number on my fragtek custom RTpro, and saw that USPS claims it was delivered yesterday while i was gone, too bad i got home 30 minutes after the claimed delivery time, so either it got ganked, delivered to the wrong house, or not actually delivered, damn i'm steamed, waited 2 months for that fricking marker...

mikebridge
06-02-2004, 09:45 AM
called USPS, they claim it was signed for at my residence by a 'madrtzig', so i did a switchboard search for all of the US for that name, no hits. i guess i get to go door to door up and down the street here and see if anyone has that last name.

mikebridge
06-02-2004, 09:53 AM
called USPS back to complain and review my options with them, and now they claim there is no signature with the record....

Kevmaster
06-02-2004, 09:56 AM
i've always been pleased with Fed-Ex. Never any poor service. only the best outta them....never used UPS

scarpa43
06-02-2004, 11:22 AM
My fiance ordered something that was shipped UPS to our apartment.

The expected delivery day I get home from work and find that instead of dropping the package off at the apartment office like he should, the driver decided to just throw the box over the railing to our second floor balcony.
Luckily it was clothes or something soft like that and not something that could have been damaged.

Nitroduck
06-02-2004, 11:32 AM
Checked UPS's site and phone number with my tracking number ,it says "out for delivery" It said that yesterday , and it says on the site the scheduled delivery was yesterday , but phone says today......i'm gonna wait till tommorow till i start hasseling em......I'm telling em it wasn't delivered ( which it wasn't , i had to go pick it up ) and see what they say.......then inform them that i had to make a 22 mile trip to get my dang package.....i might of just driven to IL to get it.

mikebridge
06-02-2004, 11:34 AM
well, found my marker. USPS delivered it to a computer supply store (TigerDirect Outlet) 3 miles away (and not even close on the street name)...

Dante's Inferno
06-02-2004, 11:36 AM
I personally find UPS quite good. I've never had any problems with them and have done anything from ground to overnight delivery. Everything I have ordered or sent has arrived on time. No problems what-so-ever.

Nitroduck
06-02-2004, 11:47 AM
This is the second time they've screwed up on me though.......last time they delivered a guitar to another house on my street and they brought it up..........sad sad sad.

dyeguy65
06-02-2004, 12:05 PM
i dont despise UPS, however, i make note to avoid using it. they havent lost a package yet, but it got held up for a good week and a half (halfway to its destination i might add) i thought they lost it because i wasnt getting any updates. it was nerve racking, but it got there. and is it me or do they charge more than USPS?

-dyeguy65

Paintball_4_Fun
06-02-2004, 12:50 PM
First are you guys getting the Delivery Signature and Freight Insurance.

Also I think that all ups delivery guys are trained in “Door Bell Ditchem”
That’s why I have a door bell set up to ring at my desk.
They ring the door bell and by the time I get from my bed room to the front door they are getting back in to there truck. No more than 5-10 seconds

I think the best thing to do is have an entry way that can be locked for 30 seconds after the bell is ringed. using some kind of silinoid :D

rx2
06-02-2004, 07:43 PM
They all have their problems. I know - my company ships several hundred packages a day through all services. So far, Airborne/DHL has crushed the most (union guys!) and have been the slowest to complete claims (and sometimes have late deliveries), but they are the cheapest. UPS has been the best as far as customer service when they do screw up, but they have made the most misdeliveries, and have done the worst with getting signatures (I have had sig. required stuff delivered to empty houses blocks away from the customer). FedEx has been somewhere in between - fast and pretty reliable, with OK customer support, and OK pricing. Roadway doesn't really apply here...
In any case, I would not ship something fragile wirh Airborne, I would be wary shipping something urgent or of high value with UPS, and I would not ship something with FedEx if I need to get a good shipping rate (although they have been making up lately by getting things delivered a day early).

So it goes - pick your poison.

FallNAngel
06-02-2004, 09:28 PM
Now, most people would think, ok, how did UPS screw up, they delivered to the correct address. Well, two ways...first a signature was required for delivery and two a moron could tell the house was vacant, there wasn't even curtains on the windows.

I can agree that UPS didn't get a signature, but vacant or not, they delivered to the correct address. Although I could be wrong, I don't think their job isn't to determine if they should deliver a package based on whether or not they think there's someone living there. For all they knew, perhaps the delivery guy though someone was supposed to be moved in by then and just running a day late on doing so.