PDA

View Full Version : WDP=weak

yeahthatsme
06-01-2004, 09:12 PM
this is something i've been thinking on for a bit and was confirmed by a member of dynasty over on pbnation. WDP's new adds have a pic of the fly a4 and then a black and white pic of a person with a ton of shots on them and says feed on the weak, i found it funny that the pic of the guy with the shots on him was shooting an angel...heres the add:

http://pic7.picturetrail.com/VOL210/1651684/3169244/55388726.jpg

according to brad from dynasty thats alex fraige shooting an angel(you can see the angel pretty obviously) so wdp is saying that their own product is weak, funny i think.

Thermus
06-01-2004, 09:13 PM
How cna you tell its an angel?

coolcatpete
06-01-2004, 09:14 PM
Thats great. I can hear their new slogan.
Buy our markers and you will get lit up. or
The real loser trust us. or
If you have an angel you can still play oce your hit.
Pete

yeahthatsme
06-01-2004, 09:22 PM
How cna you tell its an angel?

thats alex fraige from dynasty, another member of dynasty posted about this on pbnation and i thought i'd share it with ya'll

Annihilator44
06-01-2004, 09:25 PM
so wdp is saying that their own product is weak, funny i think.

Uh i think there reffering to Dynasty as being weak because didnt they switch over to SP? I could be absolutly wrong, but thats what i heard.

coolcatpete
06-01-2004, 09:27 PM
you can tell by the build of the gun.
Pete

Thermus
06-01-2004, 09:29 PM
Well, to the average pballer, that angel is not easily identifiable, so it should be alright.

TeamNausea
06-01-2004, 09:29 PM
Maybe YOU can tell but i sure as hell cant :confused:

coolcatpete
06-01-2004, 09:38 PM
ok well I could make that pic clear but the file size limit would not let me post it, soo..
Pete

yeahthatsme
06-01-2004, 11:04 PM
like i already said thats alex fraige from dynasty, brad cole ANOTHER member of dynasty posted this same thing on pbnation saying it was funny that they had a pic of a guy using an angel and saying they were weak. this pic is from HB 03, when dynasty still shot angels.

magman007
06-01-2004, 11:31 PM
yes, but what dynasty is failing to see, is that dynasty are the weak, not the angels them selves. I bet wdp set this up just like that. People would think WDP made a dumb mistake, but really, in an inside joke, they are cracking on Dynasty. The wdp guys are funny like that. Silly brits.

YTM, what are you shooting now?

Gambit1106
06-02-2004, 03:15 AM
Or it could be the fact that they are using a pic with their own marker to avoid problems with other manufactuers. That way company X dosen't complain because WDP has an ad with their marker in it.

Fanatic
06-02-2004, 03:56 AM
^^good point

TheDuelist
06-02-2004, 04:15 AM
It could also be they are saying there older models are weak compared to the latest Angels currently in production. If its made you talk about it then the ad is working regardless of what you think of it.

ZapTheMad
06-02-2004, 04:30 AM
I'm wondering where the hopper and tank is in that pic. It kinda looks like an angel, but it is hard to tell.

Gadget
06-02-2004, 05:40 AM
They're implying that Dynasty are weak for following the mighty $ to Smart Parts rather than sticking with the better markers at WDP.

Not exactly rocket science to work that out is it? :confused:

Albinonewt
06-02-2004, 06:21 AM
I can barely even tel that there is a marker in that pic, let alone which marker it is

vonort
06-02-2004, 07:52 AM
Only thing I get from that pick is Dyansty CHEATS. But then again we already knew that. Pretty obvious the guy is hit and playing on.

rkjunior303
06-02-2004, 08:03 AM
Why does this always have to turn into some big "someone vs. SP" debate?

Don't you think that maybe the slogon 'feed on the weak' just means that you'll come out on top. YOU will be the BEST player on the field with the new Fly A4.

I think if they were going to bust on Dynasty, they would've made it so you could tell a little easier. Instead, it's just some GENERIC (weak) player getting lit up by the Fly A4 (strong player).. He HAS been shot 4 times. I would qualify that as being lit up.

just my 2 cents.

shartley
06-02-2004, 08:08 AM
Only thing I get from that pick is Dyansty CHEATS. But then again we already knew that. Pretty obvious the guy is hit and playing on.
And it is obvious that you and others will get whatever you WANT from that picture.

Point? With the high BPS rates now days, all those hits could have happened a fraction of a second before the camera took the picture. You can not tell from ONE picture whether someone is cheating by playing on or not.

I think too many people are reading into this picture what they want to see. I personally see it as a generic picture of a player just getting marked out, and the Ad want people to think it was done with their new marker. It is saying “We are FAST!” and in fact “We are FASTER than the other guys!”…. I.E. the weak.

I don’t think there is any political implications to this Ad either.

Thordic
06-02-2004, 08:12 AM
Oh from what I know of the WDP guys I'm sure they picked a Dynasty player on purpose :)

MarkM
06-02-2004, 10:35 AM
The use of a Dynasty player could well be deliberate just as WDP's ad for the T-shirt range was altered to obliterate the heads of the Dynasty models.
WDP could also be using a pic of a player using one of their own products for the reason of avoiding issues with other makers but since when did companies not use advertising for a new model buy stating or implying that the NEW model was better than their previous models? If this was not the case then no company of any product would make a new one. I see nothing wrong in the ad at all, as Shartley has said you can take from the ad what you want it to mean.

ilikePB
06-02-2004, 10:47 AM
They're implying that Dynasty are weak for following the mighty $ to Smart Parts rather than sticking with the better markers at WDP.

Maybe they thought the Shocker was better. I know I do. Angels are way overpriced and their sensi is crap. for less than a Speed you can get a Shocker Vision. They are smaller, lighter and with a flipped switch just as fast, imo.

magman007
06-02-2004, 10:57 AM
Oh from what I know of the WDP guys I'm sure they picked a Dynasty player on purpose :)

yey people agree with me! after meeting matt greene at hb, imtruely believe he ould do something like that!

cphilip
06-02-2004, 11:08 AM
Oh if I was making a advertisment I would not have anyone elses marker in the pictures either.... No matter what they were showing it doing.

And everyone knows its the player not the marker right? I suck no matter what I play with! This is why Tom asks me politely not to ever be seen playing with any of his guns. ;)

I am thinking of taking this to a new level and offering to NOT play with anyones gun for a small fee. Sort of borders on Blackmail but hey! :D

frischtr
06-02-2004, 03:28 PM
I saw that picture in Paintball 2 Xtremes magazine in the June issue I believe... The splats look like they were superimposed onto the picture at a later time... Maybe online it looks like a real pic, but I'm sure it's faked...

ilikePB
06-02-2004, 03:32 PM
When I look at it closely the splats do look kinda fake. I don't know.

rkjunior303
06-02-2004, 03:38 PM
I'm sure WDP took a promo photo of one of their players and just superimposed splats onto them. It's very easy to do. (and alot cheaper to make)