PDA

View Full Version : Re-Retroball Returns

rabidchihauhau
06-02-2004, 05:39 PM
Retroball has been rescheduled for September of 2005 (23rd thru 25th)

I have already contacted several paintball celebs who have indicated that they are willing to attend; I am preparing an additional list of people who have had an historical and profound impact on our industry - and who also happened to do so during the first decade of our sport.

I would appreciate anyone providing suggestions for additions to this list.

Over the next several weeks I will be ramping up advertising and marketing for the event, as well as seeking out sponsors for support and prizes.

I now have the luxury of more than a year's advance time to prepare for this event and I promise you it will be something to remember.

I'm pulling out all of the stops on this one with the intention of making Retroball a 'must go' for paintball players of all stripes.

As always, I will be throwing in a few 'thrills' in addition to the normal play and competition; I'm continuing with the P.I.G. awards and am seriously thinking about a 'paintball story contest'; think you have a good fish story? Now's your chance to tell it to the world! (Bet you a dollar I have better stories than you, lol...)

We're still scheduled for Skirmish USA. Hotel details, paint details and rates will be forthcoming.

Steve

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
06-02-2004, 05:46 PM
if only i had a ride and a way to get back to school

Fred
06-02-2004, 09:31 PM
Sorry.

As a player who totally loves to play pump, and actually travels to oldschool/pump events, it sounds like a great idea. But the fact you're trying to have it at a venue such as Skirmish makes it a bad joke.

If it was at EMR, a field that I have, and will drive across 2 states for a weekend, I'd be there in a heartbeat...

Good luck.

---Fred

rabidchihauhau
06-03-2004, 09:27 AM
I don't know what you have against Skirmish; historically, it was one of the first non-NSG paintball field operations to open in this country.

I have nothing against EMR; I played there several times when it was the old (shudder) wolf's lair, before Blue took it over. However, I got a deal with Skirmish that makes the event possible, and allows me to deliver the event at an unheard of cost.

Blue is a friend of mine. I have no doubt that there will be Retroball events at EMR as well in the future.

In the meantime, why not just stick with the 'good luck', and leave all of the negativity out of it?

Steve

Beemer
06-03-2004, 03:32 PM
(Bet you a dollar I have better stories than you, lol...)

Just a dollar? How about a buck and a Beer? Hmmmm, youre in my better stories.

I.A.D.S.P.B.P.

Beemer

rabidchihauhau
06-04-2004, 09:03 AM
Beemer,

LOL; ok, the bet is officially a dollar and a beer (bottle, not keg);

We're talking any play-related story here - like how I got 37 eliminations during a 15 player game, hung three flags and ended the game before it started.....

Hey, I just realoized something: relating these stories could be dangerous to my health....

rabidchihauhau
06-04-2004, 09:08 AM
Beemer,

think I ought to resurrect the I.A.D.S.P.B.P. patches?

Before you all ask - it officially stands for: "I'm A Dumb S*** Paint Ball Player"; it has also been rumored that the real meaning is hidden in the fact that it has my initials in it backwards.

These patches were initiated at the first amateur open and were based on Fred Moutlon's FYBIPPB patches.

How do you get one? Commit and act of stupidity while patch holders are around and they'll GIVE you one.

Here's a paintball history factoid: the patch reads IADSPBP and not IADSPP because back in the OLD days, the official name for our sport was Paint Ball, not Paintball....

RRfireblade
06-05-2004, 09:03 PM
I'll come if I can get my Grey Ghost together by then........

And if I can get off from work that weekend. :)