PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh... new mag haul (PICS...)

OysterBoy
06-02-2004, 05:46 PM
COMING SOON! lol

I just ordered 210 CDN worth of stuff.

-Level 10 (YESSSSS! Sorry, guy I was buying from originally..)
-WGP 2+1 'Tactical' Harness
-Dead On Pro Style Drop
-12" SteelWind
-10" Crown Point

Think I got a good deal? I need every single thing.

ANyone who has any of those, mind commenting on value / performance?

Digits
06-02-2004, 05:53 PM
... wth is

12" SteelWind
10" Crown Point ?? I know there barrels.. But i've never heard of them..

And I think it was me you were going to buy lvl X from.. But it's all good.. I traded it for a revvy and they added cash.. Something I was looking for :)..

Have fun with the lvl 10 it's pimpamatic..

OysterBoy
06-02-2004, 06:04 PM
yea, the seller says the steelwind has 'mad accuracy' but is a little heavy. either way they cant be as bad as my current brass boomer :)

coolcatpete
06-02-2004, 06:30 PM
... wth is

12" SteelWind
10" Crown Point ?? I know there barrels.. But i've never heard of them..

And I think it was me you were going to buy lvl X from.. But it's all good.. I traded it for a revvy and they added cash.. Something I was looking for :)..

Have fun with the lvl 10 it's pimpamatic..
The crown point is the old e-mag stock barrel.
Pete

bokraham
06-02-2004, 06:52 PM
hey i have a wgp 2+1, it's really good. The only downside is that I like my pods upside down, like everybody. When they are upside down they flop around alot, so for a tight fit i tie a shoelace around the tops of the pods.

MarkM
06-02-2004, 07:06 PM
The crown point is the old e-mag stock barrel.
Pete
The Old stock Emag barrel was simply the RT barrel with the removable muzzle break, the Crown Point barrel was way before the Emag, P6 time actually if not earlier. The originals came with cut V shaped slots and then later milled to leave material behind so you had ring on the end. All done by a certain John Sosta...AGDE ;) I was looking for some pics but other than references to Crown point barrels in text form Warpig doesn't have any pics I could show you.

Brad Temple
06-02-2004, 07:10 PM
The crown point barrel is from around like '90 I think.

*EDIT*
link to the picture of the barrel is here, http://store5.yimg.com/I/expertshot_1792_9217088

OysterBoy
06-02-2004, 08:04 PM
Is it any good?

Blazestorm
06-02-2004, 08:15 PM
Watch some www.webdogradio.us

A stock 95 cocker barrel performs the same as like a smart parts all american

All barrels are basically the same, its weight, efficiency, and quality that you look for, most barrels are gonna shoot the same, if you want mad accuracy, get good paint and a closed bolt gun (I don't care WTF you say, closed bolt has always been more accurate in my usage of it, the ball is stationary when air hits it, not moving while air hits it.)

:o

Paint is more important than barrel imo, I always try to shoot quality paint, I was usually the one buying evil over premium at my field... friends called me crazy till I shot them out with it :D

penguinpunk555
06-02-2004, 08:29 PM
Cool

Creative Mayhem
06-03-2004, 06:42 AM
HEck man, I could have hooked you up with a pack if you needed one that bad. I have a few just sitting here.

OysterBoy
06-03-2004, 07:13 AM
Oh god damn...

lol.

...have any suited for playing front? If it means I pay less then 19 shipped, Ill buy from you.

ZapTheMad
06-03-2004, 02:10 PM
i don't see any pics

OysterBoy
06-03-2004, 02:45 PM
Notice the 'COMING SOON' ? :)

I can however look up online photos of each one if that makes you happy :)

Eric Cartman
06-03-2004, 06:36 PM
I think you'll find it's an 11" crown point and the steelwind is 10". They're both good barrels. The crown point is the better of the two. It's good AGD quality. You may want to put an oring around the tip of the crown point to quiet it's distinctive ringing when fired (you'll see / hear what I mean). The steelwind barrell was made by a company called Marker. They made aftermarket parts and barrels etc. years ago. I have no idea if they're still in the business. It's a decent barrell as well, how wrong can you go with a stainless barrell as long as you're not concerned about the weight?

They used to be my barrels. I got plenty of good use out of 'em. :D

OysterBoy
06-03-2004, 08:26 PM
sweet.

Is the seller (vince) reliable? I want him to ship COD anyways, but just wondering..

Eric Cartman
06-04-2004, 06:40 AM
I couldn't say for sure. I drove out to his place to sell him my old mag (I hate dealing with shipping), so there were no payment issues. He seems like a good honest guy, he communicated well. I doubt you'd have any issues dealing with him.

skife
06-04-2004, 07:45 AM
Evil always shoots better than prems
why spend $200 on a barrel kit, then shoot crappy paint out of it?