PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas!

Iron Mag13
06-02-2004, 08:42 PM
Well i live in IL. and i might be moving to arkansas. and i was wondering if there are any ppl out there that know of a good paintball feilds. my dad is military so he is going to be living and working in the arkansas air force base. so anywere near there.To be more spicific i think well be living in Cabot Ak.

Any help will be apprecated

hAppy
06-02-2004, 11:58 PM
my friend used to live there
he said life is so boring, no one leaves their house, no one is inside the malls, the bus takes you to school

the only time you see people is when everyone agrees to plow their frontyard

i will always fear leaving CA to a lonely state :(

ZapTheMad
06-03-2004, 05:36 AM
I got ripped off for $200 on a HPA tank by a guy that lives in AR.

My ex wife who had my son adopted into her new husbands name without my knowledge lives in AR.

Let me know when you move, we got some stuff to paint :)

DK1
06-03-2004, 08:14 AM
I live about 30 minutes from Cabot. You will have a few fields within driving distance. There is the one I play at in Searcy/Judsonia. Nice folks, grass fields, and pretty cheap to play at. There's T-square in Jacksonville (where the AFB is), it's larger. I've only been there a few times, but it seems to be ok. Then for a little more of a drive you can go to Mayflower, which has the largest field in AR.

PM or email me if you find out you're coming, and I'll hook you up with more info.

DK1

Iron Mag13
06-03-2004, 09:16 AM
DK yea i went to warpig.com and looked at there i saw the t-square it looked cool but yea if i move ill be sure to talk to u! and Zap i only have 2 colors pink and a brownish color :D

BYERSMAG
06-03-2004, 12:51 PM
Well i live in northwest Ar. and there are several fields that i know of, let's see theres All America Paintball Field which is in Charleston, AR. Then theres Ground Zero Paintball Park which is here in Siloam Springs, AR. Also there's Wild World Paintball just 20 minutes east of Siloam Springs located in Tontitown, AR. These are just a few that i know of, hopefully this is of some help to you, you can do a yahoo search and find all of these fields' websites.

bunkermaster10
06-03-2004, 12:57 PM
People hatin on AR about it being redneckish need to just shut up. Where I'm from in AR is a bunch of rich white kids and freakin hot *****es everywhere. Conway, AR is the freakin **** man. It reminds me of Cali but people w/ southern slurs ( I have been to a Cali alot have friends up there). Most people I know from AR know Central is the hottest place to get a hot chick. I will be in AR from July 8- Aug 15. I need to ball w/ some good teams if anybody is interested...

ZapTheMad
06-03-2004, 01:13 PM
LOL! Nobody said anything about rednecks but you :)

I don't hate AR. It's very beutiful out in the Ozarks and living on land with no property tax is very desireable. If it wasn't so far out from the rest of the world, I would consider living there myself. Maybe when I retire and want to get away from it all.

In the meantime, I do have some business to settle there. I have to take care of it myself since the authorities only poke fun at us big city folk when we need assistance.

bunkermaster10
06-03-2004, 01:17 PM
I'm a city guy myself... and love CA. But Where I live in AR is pretty damn tight and there are a lot of peeps to chill w/. I dunno where I wanna live when I get older.... CA is bad *** though and northwest Utah like St. George, Utah is pretty kool if any of you guys have been there. N e wayz... Just talking...

ramennoodles
06-03-2004, 01:18 PM
wait, i think i almost comprehended couple of words in there....anyway yeah arkansas has its moments, i go through there almost every summer.

DK1
06-03-2004, 03:33 PM
LOL! Nobody said anything about rednecks but you :)

I don't hate AR. It's very beutiful out in the Ozarks and living on land with no property tax is very desireable. If it wasn't so far out from the rest of the world, I would consider living there myself. Maybe when I retire and want to get away from it all.

Actually, property is taxed, but it's handled by the counties rather than the state. Overall, Arkansas does rank 50th in taxes paid per-capita. It's under $4000 per person per year.

I grew up in the ozarks, moved down here a few years ago. I still travel to Conway every day (college). To be honest, Central, Eastern, and Lower Arkansas don't compare in visuals to the north-central and western parts of the state. I like living here though. It's always great when people think you're dumb just because of your accent. It lets you sneak up on them :)

DK1

-=Squid=-
06-03-2004, 04:17 PM
Im from nothern AR... Sadly.

There is one decent field here, called hillbilly paintball.

Not enough players to put in airball, or have a decent shop, but the owner has a tourney team etc... Meh, its a place to play.

There is NICE NICE NICE field going up this summer though :cool:

GT
06-03-2004, 06:24 PM
Im from nothern AR... Sadly.

There is one decent field here, called hillbilly paintball.

Not enough players to put in airball, or have a decent shop, but the owner has a tourney team etc... Meh, its a place to play.

There is NICE NICE NICE field going up this summer though :cool:

My inlaws are from Ar, no my wife is not ugly or inbred. An Uncle is a state senator, another is lawyer, another runs Altes sanitation. I've got family in fort smith and hot springs.

where you at squid?

-=Squid=-
06-03-2004, 07:06 PM
My inlaws are from Ar, no my wife is not ugly or inbred. An Uncle is a state senator, another is lawyer, another runs Altes sanitation. I've got family in fort smith and hot springs.

where you at squid?A town called "flippin."

Northern AR.

Were not inbred either. We own two local factories up here...

GT
06-03-2004, 07:21 PM
A town called "flippin."

your kidding right? I just thought you were trying to circumvent the cuse filter.

-=Squid=-
06-03-2004, 07:33 PM
your kidding right? I just thought you were trying to circumvent the cuse filter.
Nope... I seriously live in Flippin Arkansas.

:(

The big thrill teens around here get is vandalizing some old ladies barn... sigh. Ask Nick1shot about that when he dropped me off from the memphis indoor... :(

DK1
06-03-2004, 10:12 PM
Flippin my tail, we all know Flippin is just a subburb of Mt. Home. ;)

Arkansas does have some great city names, such as Bald Knob, Possum Grape, Y City, Dumas, Toad Suck, and Weiner. But anyone who is anyone knows that Baxter County is the oldest county in AR, it's a regular old folks home up there. :) Try not to get rolled by the phat caddy's with the blue hairs driving Squid.

DK1

formerly of "Viola"

-=Squid=-
06-03-2004, 10:28 PM
Flippin my tail, we all know Flippin is just a subburb of Mt. Home. ;)

Arkansas does have some great city names, such as Bald Knob, Possum Grape, Y City, Dumas, Toad Suck, and Weiner. But anyone who is anyone knows that Baxter County is the oldest county in AR, it's a regular old folks home up there. :) Try not to get rolled by the phat caddy's with the blue hairs driving Squid.

DK1

formerly of "Viola"
Shut up :(

:) You have no idea how hard I laughed at that.

ZapTheMad
06-03-2004, 11:03 PM
Ah yes, Baxter country Sheriff Department. What a joy...

So my ex wife decides she wants to run me over with her car. I go in there, it's after 5PM, thinking that a police officer will help. After all, she did try to kill me with a 2 ton weapon.

"This ain't no big city, boy. Everyone has gone home for the day. You need to come back in the morning"

WTF???

So I go back in the morning, Sunday morning. They tell me that everyone is off today and I will have to come back Monday. GRRRR!

So I go in Monday morning.

"Why did you wait so long to report this? There isn't much we can do now. you should have came in right away."

WTF???

After arguing with the jerks for several minutes I just left. It was futile trying to argue common sense with those idiots. I think they pass out badges to anyone willing to take them.

If you ever want to run someone over in Baxter County, just make sure you do it on a Saturday night :)

bunkermaster10
06-04-2004, 12:24 AM
Actually, property is taxed, but it's handled by the counties rather than the state. Overall, Arkansas does rank 50th in taxes paid per-capita. It's under $4000 per person per year.

I grew up in the ozarks, moved down here a few years ago. I still travel to Conway every day (college). To be honest, Central, Eastern, and Lower Arkansas don't compare in visuals to the north-central and western parts of the state. I like living here though. It's always great when people think you're dumb just because of your accent. It lets you sneak up on them :)

DK1

Wait u go to UCA (university of central arkansas?) or one of the other two colleges there? My sister went there and my brother in law. I think I'm going there to since I live like 5 mins away from campus.

DK1
06-04-2004, 07:40 AM
Yeah, UCA, I'll be graduating in a couple months though. I lived in Conway for 2.5 years a while back when I started. That was 98-00 though.

DK1

bunkermaster10
06-04-2004, 10:22 AM
How do you like the college? My sister liked it... I'm just wondering cause thats probably where Ill end up.

DK1
06-04-2004, 01:39 PM
it's nice, and it's a quality university. A lot of people haven't heard of it, but it had the highest average ACT score in the state for the incoming class last year (so I was told by one of my profs anyway).

I guess it partially depends on what major you are going for. The physical therapy program is one of the best there is. I'm a business major, and have been quite satisfied with my education. There are around 10k students now, and they are increasing enrollment over the next few years. I think they are trying to get to 15k.

DK1

Dryden
06-04-2004, 02:14 PM
An Uncle is a state senator, another is lawyerYour uncles are Hillary and Bill Clinton?!?!?!

:D

Iron Mag13
06-06-2004, 07:06 PM
Yea hey guys sry i havent been posting latly I TOOK A TRIP AK! it was ok paintball feild WAS KICK ASSSSSSSS! lol it was cool exept everyone said were we might be moving in was, was to expensive when it was like 300k lol!!?!?!?! our house in IL is over 600k lol i was about to bursted! i did go to the air show just recently there it was cool with the dude parachuting!

DK1
06-06-2004, 10:17 PM
Yea hey guys sry i havent been posting latly I TOOK A TRIP AK! it was ok paintball feild WAS KICK ASSSSSSSS! lol it was cool exept everyone said were we might be moving in was, was to expensive when it was like 300k lol!!?!?!?! our house in IL is over 600k lol i was about to bursted! i did go to the air show just recently there it was cool with the dude parachuting!

Did you play at T-square? And BTW, $300k, IS expensive here.

DK1

-=Squid=-
06-06-2004, 10:29 PM
Did you play at T-square? And BTW, $300k, IS expensive here.

DK1
Ive heard some scurvvy stuff about t-square... but the people are nice. We played them at Memphis.

DK1
06-06-2004, 10:56 PM
I've never played on their fields. I've played some people that used to play there (Legacy has some folks that used to be on their field teams) quite a bit. I've been there, but only to get air and chrono... the people were nice, but I didn't get on the field.

DK1

-=Squid=-
06-06-2004, 10:58 PM
I've never played on their fields. I've played some people that used to play there (Legacy has some folks that used to be on their field teams) quite a bit. I've been there, but only to get air and chrono... the people were nice, but I didn't get on the field.

DK1
I thought you said you were going to bed?

Iron Mag13
06-07-2004, 08:57 AM
Well i didnt bring my gun cuase if a cop pulled me over i thought he might "Confisicate it" and that might be bad ;) and i didnt play but i looked. they have a nice collection of agd guns there :dance: and it looks to be a family busnise cause the mom works there! lol
but i only found one place in the yellow books for paintball and that was T-2 (im to lazy to type square.......wait i just did.......dam....i must be lazy..... :sleeping: )

Ahhhhhh well Cya guys later lol hope to play u there!
Iron

-=Squid=-
06-07-2004, 04:12 PM
WHOA! :wow:

I live in a TINY area; lucky to have been able to take tourney pb to the level I have... and like magic, 35 minutes away a guy opened a store. Hes from Phoenix and brought 80,000 dollars in merchandise and is putting in a subair field, and an hour away where some teammates live a quarter million dollar field is going up. Like a dream come true for me!

Lets just hope they stay in business...