PDA

View Full Version : A-5 Rt

hydrashock
06-03-2004, 07:02 AM
Someone told me that I couldn't use my A-5 RT at Shatnerball III "Mobster Mash".
Can anyone help me with this question?

Glickman
06-03-2004, 11:32 AM
try here http://www.scenariopaintball.com/rules/GSRPv302.htm

hydrashock
06-03-2004, 11:42 AM
Thanks but I already read them.
They say semi auto at night. I was wondering if the responce trigger is classified as semi or full auto.

IronCore
06-03-2004, 10:30 PM
Here's the exact quote from the rules under Markers

"Full-auto paintball markers (including zip and burst) are allowed during DAY PLAY ONLY (FULL AUTO IS DEPENDENT ON CURRENT FIELD INSURANCE POLICY) provided they meet our safety requirements (max Rate Of Fire is 11 Balls Per Second) and the player understands the concept of "Overshooting," and the possible consequences overshooting entails. Be responsible! Don't overshoot! All markers must be in SEMI- AUTO mode only at NIGHT. "

I'm just guessing here. As long as you can limit your rate of fire to 11 bps, you should be good to go and that's a fairly gray area because most markers and players now a days can easily pass that with a semi ;)

I got a suggestion though "NO HALO, EGGIE OR FEEDER THAT PASSES 11 BPS FEED RATE UNLESS YOU CAN LIMIT YOUR RATE OF FIRE AT THE MARKER" does that sounds good? the limiter hopper should be a 12v revolution (I think its rated to 12 BPS but close enough)

As for overshooting, I believe anything more than 5 ball breaks on the person is considered rude and in need of some payback :D

...doh you got an A5 I'm not exactly sure how to limit your rate of fire :confused: well I guess its pretty clear...as mud

Glickman
06-03-2004, 11:04 PM
full auto? i thought was was unlawful for a insurance company to allow that...

hydrashock
06-04-2004, 11:54 AM
Thanks

I can change the rate by just adjusting the air supply to the RT.
I have it set at about 6-8 bps. But you can set them faster. Almost like full auto. I use mine like 2-3 round bursts. It's to easy to go through air and paint and you only need 1 hit for a kill.

Thanks all.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti

IronCore
06-07-2004, 05:37 PM
Hiya,

I emailed challenge park and ask if thier insurance would allow full auto with 11 balls per second limit and have not recieved any answer. Maybe somebody can try and have a better success.

Thanks

Challenge Park Contact Page (http://www.challengepark.com/contact.asp)

Hasty8
06-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Okay, here are some definitions.

Full-Auto firearm - Any weapon that can and is operated and carried by a single person which upon depression of the firing mechanism (trigger) will fire and load available ammunition automatically until said ammunition is depleted.

Semi-auto firearm - Any weapon that can and is operated and carried by a single person which upon depression of the firing mechanism (trigger) will fire and automaticall load the next available round of ammunition but not fire until the trigger is release and depressed again.

Now, seeing as how the RT does not allow for automatic fire I cannot see how anyone could possible argue that any RT-equiped marker is a full-auto. All the RT does is allow for the firing of a second round but only on the RELEASE of the trigger.

Essentially this is a somewhat new technology and will of course requires it's own new rules should the matter warrant such.

Also, with the RT, it is very easy to find the "sweet spot" and go quasi "full-auto" but even then this is just not full auto. What happens is that the trigger is forced back out by the RT but your finger is exerting just enough force to pull the trigger back in to fire again. This happens very quickly in a somewhat perfect "Push me - Pull you" situation but again, seeing as how only one ball if being fired for each trigger pull and only one ball is being fired for each trigger release this is still semi-auto.

As for my preferrence? Get rid of the RT and toss in an E-grip. I did and I love it. It has a very light trigger pull when compared to the RT (which required a Herculean effort and killed me by the end of the day) and can be set to go full auto should you ever play on a field that allows it.

Just my two cents anyway. :shooting:

Gambit1106
06-10-2004, 06:05 PM
Challege does not allow full autoand burst modes for nomal play. I would assume since the field will still be protected under thier insurance FA and burst will not be permitted. If I remember it was not allowed in Shatnerball 1

00Buckshot
06-23-2004, 08:35 AM
This situation might be a little different. CPX doesn't normally allow full auto. However, the field is being leased from CPX / Brass Eagle for the weekend. I would assume Celebrity Paintball would have to provide thier own insurance carrier and might have the descretion to allow it. The best contacts would be the coordinators - MXS or maybe even Pacman.

Regardless, the response triggers on Tippmanns are somewhat discouraged on most rec fields - at least in the Midwest where they are super paranoid. The Tippmann RTs are too easy to tune and get some serious trigger bounce making the marker full auto. Even at Oklahoma D-Day, you had to disable the RT. The only large event that I've played in that did allow full auto was the Tippmann World Challenge.

Weltman
06-23-2004, 10:43 PM
MXS and Viper games allow full auto. However, the home field proprieter has veto power. CPX has been veto-ing from day one.

As for the World Challenge, start sending Dave Massey your hate mail. Hellsurvivorz is no longer full auto legal. Years ago he said he would hang on as long as he could. I guess James down the road at Futureball could hold on longer for I have played there a few weeks ago. What is an SMG worth if I can't use it full auto at the Tippmann World Challenge? This goes for the Monster Game as well.

Blazestorm
06-23-2004, 11:29 PM
Sounds pretty stupid when it's not hard to get current electros 15-16 even 20bps... so why is a full-auto shooting 10bps WORSE?

F/A should be aloud as long as it's regulated, it's the same thing as what we're already doing, just easier for lazy people :p

FlashTX
06-24-2004, 08:22 AM
Real quick-like...per the GSRP (General Rules of Scenario Play) under which Shatnerball 3 will be run...any full auto paintball markers are capped at 11bps max IF they are allowed by the Host Field (in this case, CPX). There are NO rate of fire limits on semi and/or reactive triggers.

Recently, it's come to MXS' Ultimate Ref Bobby Gogolin's attention...thanks in no small part to his taking up a little tourney ball in his (limited) spare time...that the issue of "trigger bounce" on electronic triggers presents complications that muddy the lines between full auto and EXCESSIVE trigger bounce. Note the word "excessive". While reactive triggers are a concern, there are distinct differences between a "reactive" trigger and "trigger bounce".

To try to answer another question in this thread...in theory, limitations on full-auto are based on the thought that a full-auto paintball gun can be, with the trigger held "on", targetted at ONE location without any variance at all...by that I mean there is no "action" in pulling the trigger other than that ONE pull, therefore the player is, in theory, able to sustain a far tighter shot pattern at a high rate of fire. The potential for a dangerous situation lies in the concept of said player accidentally firing multiple unneccessary rounds at a target due to the "one-pull = multiple rounds" whereas with a reactive trigger (or for that matter "walking" the trigger on a lightning-quick electronic trigger) requires a certain technique that the player must concentrate on performing in order to sustain an extremely high rate of fire.

Well...hopefully that all made sense...probably an overkill explanation on thing and not a "offical" word from those directly involved in putting on Shatnerball III. In any event, I hope it helps! :cool:

hydrashock
06-24-2004, 02:19 PM
Thanks for all the help. But Can I use it?
I don't have my gun cranking out an ungodly rate of paint. But I would like to use it.
There are alot of semi's out there that can shot alot faster then what I keep my RT at.