PDA

View Full Version : My conquest came! ... how do I put it on?

-=Squid=-
06-03-2004, 05:12 PM
Ok, so im sitting here with my conquest reg in my lap...

I have a crossfire tank already, but need to get the reg off.

I just cant get it! I can get it to move about an inch, then I cant unscrew it anymore. And thats with a lot of force being exerted on it.

The ONLY tools available are standard tools people have... no torque wrench or vice, just crescents etc.

Im NOT waiting to take it to my field, because to be honest, I want to do it now, and the field owner knows no better than me on this matter.

So what do I do?

and is there anything I need to apply to my conquest reg when I attatch it to the bottle?

EDIT: Anyone know of an online conquest manual? It didnt come with one.

68_Classic
06-03-2004, 05:16 PM
i was gonna sugest a cresent wrench to get it off but i guess u already tried and it didn't work..

Bulldog
06-03-2004, 05:36 PM
Check out the last post. Best I can do, hope it helps some.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=118547

magman007
06-03-2004, 05:52 PM
is your crossfire reg HP or LP? and im assuming its a 4500 reg? if you didnt crack it, or turn it into a piece of crap with wrench marks and vice grips etc, i would like to purchase it from you. get intouch.

aim-magman00786

GT
06-03-2004, 06:21 PM
Check out the last post. Best I can do, hope it helps some.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=118547

thanks,
I didnt want to have to type all that crap again, :)

-=Squid=-
06-03-2004, 07:02 PM
Ive tried all recommendations... the thing WILL NOT budge.

LudavicoSoldier
06-03-2004, 07:13 PM
Go to Home Depot/Lowes and pick up a Rigid strap wrench. That WILL do the trick. Nothing else really does it quite as well.

Tunaman
06-03-2004, 07:15 PM
You might want to try securing the reg and turning the tank. It may have loctite...who knows. And knowing how to get it off and on correctly is best left up the manufacturer...and their techs. Its not that simple to be changing regs around without using the proper tools and torque specs. Please be careful...and make sure there is nothing in the tank before you put the new reg on.

tony3
06-03-2004, 07:18 PM
When attaching the bottle to you conquest, just make sure you have the proper oring, and screw it on nice and tight, no loctite needed. Personally, I'd take it to your shop, I'd rather have them screw it up/kill themselves rather then me.

-=Squid=-
06-03-2004, 07:34 PM
Ya... im just gonna wait till sunday and do it at practice. He has the tools to do it there.

What O-ring do I need to use?

And thanks for all the advice guys. Tunaman - do you have aim? I need to discuss something with you.

Tunaman
06-03-2004, 08:49 PM
No AIM buddy...I got too tired of that scene. Email me or hit me in chat.

-=Squid=-
06-03-2004, 08:49 PM
No AIM buddy...I got too tired of that scene. Email me or hit me in chat.
I will write you up an email this evening.