PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to use old Mag barrels on new modular bodies???

PowerFedMag
10-10-2001, 02:32 PM
I HOPE SO, I DONT WANT TO SELL MEH'BABIES!

:cool:

Flamebo
10-10-2001, 02:41 PM
You can trade them for cocker barrels of equal value :D

DarkPhoenix
10-10-2001, 03:00 PM
I believe that the new modular bodies only accept cocker barrels. Why not let Tom answer this....

Puckz
10-10-2001, 03:03 PM
Tom doesn't have to answer it. They will take cocker barrels.

MajorDamage
10-10-2001, 03:03 PM
I want a modular body so bad! But I don't wanna sell my mag barrels....NO!

ENDO!

Zumina
10-10-2001, 05:27 PM
AGD created the modular body because they have received quite a bit of negative feedback concerning the twist lock barrel. To make the new body accept the old barrels defeats the purpose of the mod. You can't have it both ways, twist lock, or cocker threads.

PowerFedMag
10-10-2001, 06:12 PM
whats wrong with twist lock barrel??

sbikeclix
10-10-2001, 06:39 PM
most people hate the nubbin, others think that 10 bucks more for the automag barrel is not worth it- i dunno, i personally like the twst lock barrels a lot

MajorDamage
10-10-2001, 08:29 PM
Yeah twist lock is the best!

ENDO!

krafty
10-10-2001, 08:43 PM
One of the complaints the "pro" players kept using was that the mag twist-lock barrels tended to move a bit while firing, and they didn't like that.

Russ
10-10-2001, 08:50 PM
...But the MAIN reason the new modular bodies take 'cocker barrels is because that's how the "modular" component (the feed tube section) is held in place. 'Cocker barrel threads are used because they are common. Personally, I like Indian Creek barrels because the barrel unscrews with only 1 1/4 turns. Much quicker.

Potatoboy
10-10-2001, 09:04 PM
In response to sbikeclix's reply, I have seen local stores, and some websites that do not charge the usual extra 10 bucks for automag and model 98 barrels.

Ityl
10-11-2001, 11:06 AM
I'd rather have cocker threads because in speedball, if you ever do break a ball, which is very unlikely, a straight shot is quicker to use and works pretty well. So it's useless to have the 1/4 twist and pay the extra $10. Then the barrels get stuck sometimes and are a pain to get out.

MajorDamage
10-11-2001, 11:15 AM
I use a straight shot with my mag barrel to. But if you NEED to take the barrel off, it takes like two seconds to yank it out! Also you wont get the threads to mess up on a mag barrel(last tourney I was at a dude had his Shocker barrel meld with the Shocker and it took forever to get it out...I dont know what happened to the gun!).

ENDO!

MENACE
10-11-2001, 05:00 PM
Flamebo - Does someone out there actually have a trade-in/exchange policy for Mag Twist to Mag Threaded (okay, cocker) barrels? If you've got the hook-up, let us know! Thanks, man - MENACE :D

absocountry2
10-16-2001, 06:09 PM
The 1/4 turn barrels cost more to make and don't really work with the module feed setup. If you know adout CNC machining you will know it takes more work to add the grove than threads. I like the mag barrells but they do tend to wear the groove and loosen up. They also will go right past the pin and get stuck so you have to loosen the frame to get it off. I don't do this any more but when I loan on of the mags to a friend to play they seem to over tighten the barrell and it ends the game for them. The #1 reason for a threaded barrell is this.... where would the hole in the barrell be for a warp module???? answer- to the side. Where would the hole in the barrell need to be for a center feed??? answer- at the top. If you have enough gray matter to stay with me this far I don't really think I need to explain further. I have 2 mags (with pump kits) and my RT with a prototype center feed body and the EMAG Extreme. It was a hassle getting the 1/4 turn barrells set-up for center feed and the warp modules can be right or left. I do not this anyone wanted to deal with that nightmare.

Tunaman
10-16-2001, 06:19 PM
That is one nice lookin' rod you got there....Man! I gotta have one.

MENACE
10-16-2001, 08:14 PM
absocountry2 - WHERE did you get that beautiful monster!?! As far as I knew, those babies weren't available yet. Or did I miss something while I was abducted? Anyway, great looking gun!:D

absocountry2
10-17-2001, 06:14 AM
MENACE, I am in The USAF stationed in England. I got it from Airguns Europe. They are 42 miles from here. I know because I have made the trip just to chat with them and I have been here for a while. They also have 2 fields that we use to practice. Sosta likes to yell at everyone who does silly moves. Really though they are great people at airguns on both sides of the pond. I have enjoyed my tour here becasue of paintball.

Bad Dave
10-17-2001, 08:07 AM
Its Dave the Yank......

alright mate, i though you were commited to that z grip vert feed RT that you had?

Anyways mate me (Dave) and a lot of the other lads from BC have formed a new team called Enigma look for the separate thread on our first tourney, we came third.

Dickie posts on these forums as well under the name Kano.

Take it easy mate.

PowerFedMag
10-17-2001, 04:41 PM
did that body cost?:confused:

:cool:

absocountry2
10-18-2001, 03:58 PM
Jackie was telling me about your team the other day. Who moved over? What is your current email? THe last one I had was badderdave I think. I am almost done with my A-levels so I looking at playing lots again, that is why I had to get the extreme. Where did you guys play? Talk to you soon, Dave
P.S. My address is still the same if you want to drop me a line.
I am not sure how much the bodys are alone. I bought the EMAG as seen except for the warp and reg. The reg was mine before but it was anoed to match.