PDA

View Full Version : AO-WI: Roll Call for Paintball Sam's Scenario Game

AutomagRT1483
06-03-2004, 10:25 PM
Project Blue Book

When: June 19th, 2004
Where: Paintball Sam's, Racine WI
How much:

Admission - 15.00 per player. No Passes! No free play for members!
Gun Rental - 15.00, this includes Gun, Tank, and Goggles.
Compressed Air Tank Rental - 10.00, this includes fills.
Mask Rental - 5.00
Camouflage - 5.00
Air Fills - Compressed Air - 1.00 per thousand.
Co2 - 7 to 10oz - 2.00
12 oz - 2.50
20 oz - 4.00

Paint Prices

1 Case - 75.00
Half Case - 48.00
500 Rounds - 29.00
200 Rounds - 15.00
100 Rounds - 8.00

Stuff You Need to Know
The gates will open at 8:00 a.m. and sign in will begin at 8:30.
Admission is 15.00 per player. THIS INCLUDES MEMBERS! For this once a year game members must also pay an addmission. NO PASSES ALLOWED FOR THIS EVENT! Orientation begins promptly at 9:00 a.m. Right after the orientation the teams will be divided up and the generals will give out their first orders. We will take a half hour lunch break around noon to give everyone a chance to take a breather and for the teams to reorganize.
During this time we will be also giving away some door prizes.

The Story
First Contact

Ed Winters fished his weathered hands around inside the front pocket of his worn overalls and pulled out a crinkled pack of cigarettes and an old tin, filled with stick matches. Looking to the starry night sky he lit the end and took in a lung full of smoke. Feeling relaxed for the first time at the end of a hard hot day, he exhaled a plum of blue grey smoke while running a tattered handkerchief across his wrinkled sun beaten brow. The summer was shaping up to be a hot one and Ed's thoughts turned to worries of drought, as they so often did.
Things had been strange these days in South Eastern Wisconsin; pranksters had been cutting odd patterns in local crops. Mutilated dogs had been found only days early in the town. There had been much talk these days in the dusty corner store about lights in the skies though Ed wasn't one to pay too much attention to these kind of things. He was simple man of simple needs, and such fool hearty talk just didn't fit into his busy schedule of chores.
Ed glanced up into the sky as he exhaled a plum of grey blue smoke into the heavy night air. A chilling feel of dread crept its way into his old tired bones as he stared frozen as a craft of some kind slowly rose from the woods that bordered his farm. Gone were the thoughts of heat, droughts, and the farm. They were driven out by an ever rising sense of awe, fear, and dread.
It was hard to get a good sense of what he was seeing. The shape seemed to shimmer and change as he looked on. One moment there would be an outline of hall only to be replaced a second later by shimmering line that seemed to merely reflect the sky around it. A slow rhythmic hum could be heard emanating from the shimmering shape though Ed could barely hear it over the sound of his own blood pounding in his head. Flinching he cowered back step as an arc of electricity crackled like an angry serpent done the length of its hull. After that the hum changed and became an ever worsening sound that would wind its way from rapid reverberation to low groan of a dying metal beast.
All at once the night air went deathly quiet and the craft took a clear form, though what the form was Ed would never be able to say, since no sooner did it take shape then it crashed back down in the black woods that seemed to spawn it.
Ed stood, transfixed but what just played out in front of him until finally, the glowing end of long forgotten cigarette burned it's way onto the webbing between his fingers. Dropping it, Ed looked mutely at the angry red spot on his hand were the embers burned him. Broken from his trance Ed was finally allowed to feel the emotion that had been lurking just under the surface of his brain like a fever, panic. Turning he ran faster than he thought his legs could possibly carry him, he fled to his farm house. Ed Winters, for the first time in weeks, had some phone calls to make.

Radio Transmissions

The following transmissions were intercepted on the night of June 6th, 2004. They are believed to be from a military recovery team working in the woods surrounding Racine county, town of Raymond, Wisconsin.
(Begin transmission)
"Team leader black this is team leader gold, do you copy over?"
"Copy team leader gold, over."
"I think we have something here, over."
"You think, OR you HAVE found something gold, over?"
"Oh we found something for sure team leader black. Judging by the condition of the forest canopy and debris in the area, I believe we are at the possible point of craft entry, over."
"Hold position team leader gold, team black is on the way, over"

***at this point there 2 minutes and 23 seconds of no radio communication***
"Team leader gold, is that gun fire, over!"
"Team leader black, gold team is under fire, repeat gold team is under fire!
"Who are you taking fire from?"
"Unknown, unknown. It's not conventional fire, it seems to be....."
(in the back ground sounds of small explosions are followed by screams)
"Team leader Gold, you are breaking up, repeat!"
"Team leader gold, you are breaking up, repeat!"

*** At this point there is 33 seconds of radio silence***
It should be noted the following transmission was no longer on the band used in the prior radio exchanges. It is instead taken from a new frequency. "Base, this Team Leader Black. The site is hot, repeat, THE SITE IS HOT!"
"Copy that Team leader Black, this is base. What is the status of gold team?"
"Unknown, we are moving into position now, we will......"
"Negative that Team Leader Black. This is Big Poppa and I am ordering to fall back to insertion point alpha and form a perimeter."
"Negative Big Poppa! They were taking fire and we are..."
"Looky here Team Leader Black! I am ordering you to fall back, and set up a perimeter at insertion point alpha! Do you copy that, over?"
"Team Black falling back Big Poppa, over."

*** Radio transmissions then went silent for five minutes and 12 seconds. The following is the last transmission recorded on the night of June 6th, 2004, at 1:12am. ***
"Base.....we are... explosions all around and...... bodies la....coming from s...."
***Transmission End***

The following transmissions were recorded on June 7th 2004, at 10:50 am. They are believed to be from a Blackhawk Helicopter pilot who was shot down just moments before the transmission.
***Begin transmission***
"Eagles nest this is eagle eye one. My hawk has been shot down and my copilot is K.I.A. I have turned on tracking beacon and I am now leaving the area of the crash in hopes of setting up some kind of base camp until rescue teams can arrive.......
There is something going on here Eagles Nest. We have no conformation of what the enemy is or where. I can't see anything out in the woods but I know I'm being watched. This is Eagle Eye one out."
*** This was the last transmission from the strike team, the pilot, or the base. It is unknown if there are any survivors. Thermal Satellite Imaging confirms the crash site but no other small arms fire. ***

The Links
http://www.paintballsams.com
http://paintballsams.com/blue/Story.html
http://paintballsams.com/blue/characters.html
http://paintballsams.com/blue/rules.html
http://paintballsams.com/blue/info.html
http://paintballsams.com/map/index.html (the map to the field, provided by PB Sam's.com)
http://paintballsams.com/rooms.html (lodging in the local area for you outta towners.)

The List
AutoMagRT1483
Automagfreek
Loud Tim
rifleman wi (till noon, grad party)
Hyper
SEAL
Mackrel
McKevern
00BUCKSHOT
M1-Abrams
SwapThing
HubbaBubba
minimagjim
warthog2t0
jayloo

.tMan
06-03-2004, 10:36 PM
oh man
I wish this would happen 2 months from now! I'm saving for my Tac-One now. Maybe mid-summer, I will have enough money to play with my Tac

have fun all!

rifleman wi
06-03-2004, 10:58 PM
gotta be fair to the both of you on your lil bet.. hope to see you all there

Mckevern
06-04-2004, 10:02 AM
And my team is all out of bubble gum .....

Roll call :
Hyper
SEAL
Mackrel
00BUCKSHOT
M1-Abrams
SwapThing
HubbaBubba

minimagjim
06-04-2004, 02:19 PM
sounds like fun, it would be my first scenario game!!!

I really want to get into Scenario games, me and a few friends wanted to creat e a scenario team, to just play scenario games but they are all either broke or not looking at that idea anymore.

^^You are from Chicago, Cool i am too. Maybe ill see you guys up there.

warthog2t0
06-07-2004, 01:32 PM
sounds k3wl. count me and my timmy in!

Mckevern
06-08-2004, 09:44 AM
I can believe this!!! I tell you who on my team is coming and I don't even get my name on the list!!!!

jayloo
06-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Add me to the list.

Spleen
06-14-2004, 03:42 PM
Id go but the gas prices are way to high for me to make it lol. When we went to the spring game i spent 50 to get down there, 50 to get back and 15 to drive around :\. Damn gas...

silentdeath55
06-14-2004, 04:54 PM
I want to go so bad, but I'll be in Mexico during that time.

Have fun out there guys!

rifleman wi
06-16-2004, 12:33 PM
umm.. just a question.. what team color is everyone from AO going on?

AutomagRT1483
06-16-2004, 08:14 PM
Im going Predator.

rifleman wi
06-17-2004, 01:40 PM
hmm... this is nice few days befire the game and my tank takes a dive on me..... anyone wanna be really nice and borrow me a nitro tank for the day?(well untill like 1) any size will work, pretty please.. so i dont have to use my old mag.. i would greatly appreciate it :)

IronCore
06-18-2004, 01:20 PM
hmmm....can I still get in, even if I just show up tomorrow? what team are you guys on? Crusty Raiders or Omega Corp :D